Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

Armenian, do you envision a peace deal where Armenia and Artsak to not share a border? Will this be a workable solution for the security of Armenians on both side. I personally also have grave concerns about this since I have relatives in Meghri.

Comment

The price of a barrel of oil has dropped below $70 in the last few days.What will be the effect of that on the fast growing economy of Russia?

At first, it might seem as bad news for the Russians. A lower price of oil would mean less revenue generated from the export of the black gold. Less petrodollars, less money for the budget and so on. But wait, Russia exports only about half of its oil, the rest is consumed by the local industries, services and individuals...they are not going to complain.

Lower energy prices will reduce manufacturing and transport costs. Good news for the Russian industry and services such as shipping and airlines. Russia is not Saudi Arabia or any other country that relies heavily on oil exports. Industry, services and agriculture make up a good chunk of its GDP.

So, in my opinion, lower oil prices are not so much bad news for Russia. Its sort of a mixed bag.

I am not a financial expert (the real experts are wrong most of the time anyways), but I would guess that GDP growth in Russia will be slowed a bit because of the lower price of oil and the overall worldwide economic crisis. Russian GDP should still grow at a reduced rate of 5 - 6% annually (versus 7 -8 % it was doing during 2006 and 2007). On the other hand, inflation will come down too.

Remember, just a few years ago, the barrel of oil was around $40. The Russian economy was doing well under those conditions.

Comment

People I see here all of you hoping that the best thing will happen but we also have to be ready if the worst happens. Hope for the Best and prepare for the worst that's what we need to do.

Comment

Absolutely unacceptable! This kind of proposal is tatamount to treachery.

Does no one see how important the so-called "7 regions" are?? Does no one see that Armenia's 35 km mountainous border with Iran is all that remains in the way of Pan-Turkism? Does no one see that the "7 regions" quadruples this border with Iran and garantees our security from Pan-Turkism?

And no, it's not like we've got everything else in the bag. There's still a possibility Artsakh ends up an enclave??? Here we are in talks even about Lachin? Lachin shouldn't even be part of the discussions, not even Kelbajar! These two should be out of question but there are people in Russia saying and people in Armenia hinting that everything is set and done, the regions will be given to "Azerbaijan", and all that remains is the status of Lachin? Unbelievable.

What's worse is that we do not even know the status of those "azeri" rabbit-breeding refugees. The fake republic would never accept anything shorter than the return of the refugees. It's been 20 years since the war, and these people have f*cked and have multiple babies now, much more than we have had. The fake republic can claim anyone was a refugee and settle people all over the place. Let's remind people that Shushi (should I already call it 'Shusha'?) was majority baboon.

Please everyone take a moment to analyze these two maps if you have not done before and try to spot some of the logical problems and advantages.

------------------------

Stepan Grigoryan: Russia can cede a part of its territory to Azerbaijan, without using NKR as token coin
          23.10.2008 16:33 GMT+04:00
          /PanARMENIAN.Net/ The events that followed Kosovo's proclamation of independence and deployment of EU peacekeepers in Georgia will affect the Nagorno Karabakh settlement process, an Armenian expert said.

"The latest hearing in the NKR parliament revealed the whole range of opinions on the conflict. I don't think that such an event would be possible in the Armenian or Azeri parliament, due to the lack of pluralism of opinions," Stepan Grigoryan, head of analytical center of globalization studies, said during a round-table discussion today.

The OSCE MNG format is jeopardized due to global processes, relating to the U.S. and Russia, according to him.

"Russia attempts to speed up the Karabakh process artificially, what is to some extent conditioned by the impending presidential election I the United States. As to unwillingness to spoil relations with Azerbaijan, Russia could cede some 5 thousand km2 to this country, without using NKR as a token coin," Grigoryan said.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

But who will force the NK forces out of there I don't see any one being able to do that. So this peace deal if it means giving up one cm of land will not go.

Comment

Originally posted by gmd View Post
              Armenian, do you envision a peace deal where Armenia and Artsak to not share a border?
              Anything is possible. That is also my biggest fear. Basing my opinion on the nature of the rhetoric we have been hearing, we shouldn't don't be surprised if Artsakh proper is recognized by Baku; Armenia returns the six occupied buffer zones east and south of Artsakh to Azerbaijan; and the strategic region west of Artsakh becomes a demilitarized zone patrolled by Russians.

Originally posted by gmd View Post
              Will this be a workable solution for the security of Armenians on both side. I personally also have grave concerns about this since I have relatives in Meghri.
              I don't think there is much to worry about there. Regardless of what happens with the territories around Artsakh, Artsakh and Armenia are secure.
              Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                And no, it's not like we've got everything else in the bag. There's still a possibility Artsakh ends up an enclave??? Here we are in talks even about Lachin? Lachin shouldn't even be part of the discussions, not even Kelbajar! These two should be out of question but there are people in Russia saying and people in Armenia hinting that everything is set and done, the regions will be given to "Azerbaijan", and all that remains is the status of Lachin? Unbelievable.

]
                That's what bothers me too. Lachin shouldn't even be an issue in the discussions with the baboons. But still the question about its status keeps popping up, which is indeed alarming.

Comment

No MAD will ever have the power to signee any agreement to give away any part of N.K.and surrounding territories to Azeies .For these lands have been sacrificed lots of lives and lots of blood shade for love of our historical lands. The illusion of return any territory can easily create public revenge or better saying a "TUSUNAMY" which Sarkisian could find himself worst than Shwartnaze s position anyway.Sarkisian should be firm and avoid playing around with various political actors From different parts of the world.iF IT IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR HIM HE WILL BETTER TO RESIGN AND AVOID MAKING EMBARRASING DECISIONS .Solution? , firstly Sargisyan should take it easy than he can introduce the finely tuned politic science recently baked british styled and flavoured kind to the interested ones.No need to hurry though he has time to think.
                  Last edited by ARGENTINA; 10-23-2008, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Kremlin Calling: Russia in new push for Karabakh peace plan

The Kremlin appeared to be one step ahead of Washington this week as the Russian president extended an invitation to the Armenian and Azeri leaders for talks in Moscow that may prove decisive for the Nagorno-Karabakh settlement process. The Russian intention to play a more decisive role as a mediator in the longstanding conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan became apparent during Dmitry Medvedev’s official visit to Yerevan earlier this week. At the same time, Medvedev appeared to be calling on the Armenian leadership to determine their foreign-policy priorities. Visits by top officials are no longer a surprise in the South Caucasus given the increasingly tense situation in the region as contradictions between the countries interested in the “political re-shape” of the South Caucasus are entering a phase of culmination.

The fact that two visits were taking place in Yerevan simultaneously – by Russian President Medvedev and NATO’s special representative to the South Caucasus and Central Asia Robert Simmons – is one of the characteristics of the modern stage of the development of political processes in this region. On October 20, shortly before Russia’s Medvedev was due to arrive, Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan met with NATO’s Simmons and said that “the European orientation is one of the priorities on Armenia’s foreign-policy agenda and cooperation with NATO is a major element of it.” Sargsyan also stressed that Yerevan would continue interaction with the US-led military alliance regarding it as a component of Armenia’s security. It is probably because of this that in his main speech in Yerevan Russia’s head of state accentuated attention on the vital necessity of introducing a coordinated international policy by strategic allies that Armenia and Russia consider themselves to be.

“Coordinated actions in the international arena are a serious factor of security, strengthening of positions in both the region and the world and it has become particularly noticeable in recent years,” Medvedev stressed. In this regard, the Russian Regnum news agency notes: “If the president of Russia suddenly starts to speak to the president of Armenia about the need for ‘coordinated actions’, it means that Armenia simply has made Russia face a fact in some area of its foreign policy without first notifying Russia of this. And Russia diplomatically points out that such actions of Armenia do not contribute to collective security and weaken its positions in the region and the world.”

Source: http://armenianow.com/?action=viewAr...D=1206&lng=eng

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yerevan to host Expo-Russia Armenia industrial exhibition

Expo-Russia Armenia industrial exhibition organized by Zarubezh Expo JSC (Russia) and The Multi Group Concern (Armenia) will be held in the Government Building of the Republic of Armenia from October 31 to November 2, 2008. As PanARMENIAN.Net came to know from Zarubezh Expo JSC, the exhibition will be a continuation of the Armenian-Russian business forum held in April-May 2008 in Tsaghkadzor, Armenia. The goal of the project is to develop economic, scientific, technical, cultural and political cooperation between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Armenia; to establish and consolidate ties between the two countries; and to develop joint business, trade, economic and investment relations. The topics of the exhibition is construction, energy, metallurgy, the automobile industry, engineering, transportation, geology, agriculture and food, innovations and investments, telecommunication services, medicine and the pharmaceutical industry, banks and insurance companies, information technologies, chemistry and education. "We are hopeful that the project is timely and in demand," said David Vartanov, chairman of Zarubezh Expo JSC board of directors. Over 50 companies from various Russian cities will take part in the exhibition.

Source: http://www.panarmenian.net/news/eng/?nid=27475

Նժդեհ

Comment

Working...
                      X