Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

Russia stakes claim to oil-rich North Pole

"If upheld, Russia could have access to oil and gas deposits potentially worth more than £1 trillion"

A Russian MP will symbolically claim the Arctic and its vast energy resources on behalf of the Kremlin next month by planting a flag on the sea bed directly under the North Pole. Artur Chilingarov is leading an expedition from the northern city of Murmansk and, within a fortnight, he plans to complete the world's deepest submarine dive by descending 4,300 metres in order to plant the Russian flag under the Pole. The gesture comes amid an outpouring of nationalist fervour after Russian scientists claimed in May that they had evidence to back up a long-held claim to nearly one million miles of the Arctic. If upheld, Russia could have access to oil and gas deposits potentially worth more than £1 trillion. Russia's claim is based on an argument that the underwater Lomonosov ridge links the Arctic sea bed to Siberia.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...wrussia225.xml
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Armenian” you are a true Armenian! Thank you so much for the great job you do, even though I don’t log in every time but I visit this forum almost every day just to read your posts. Peole like you make us proud for who we are. GOD BLESS YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
        Armenian” you are a true Armenian! Thank you so much for the great job you do, even though I don’t log in every time but I visit this forum almost every day just to read your posts. Peole like you make us proud for who we are. GOD BLESS YOU!

I agree that a good job is being done in this thread and the one related to Iran; denying it would be a sign of small mindedness. However, one should be fair and credit both Armenian and skhara: I see it as a team work, a project. I hope that it will be continued and inspire others to do the same in other areas.

Of course, it does not mean that , on certain points, I may not have a slightly or completely different view; but, that is not the point here and such is life!
        Last edited by Siamanto; 07-26-2007, 08:34 PM.
        What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
          Thank you for your kind words, enker.

I'm just doing what comes to me naturally. My primary intention here is to expose young Armenians to real world politics and Armenian nationalism so that they can better understand the world around them and put it within an Armenian perspective. And in my own way, albeit small, I also want to steer Armenian sentiments towards better understanding of Russians and Iranians. I emphasize the latter because within the Western world, especially within the English speaking world, there is a concerted effort by the powers that be to drive a wedge between us Armenians and Russia and Iran.

Seeing that this discussion board was will full of senseless crap: rap culture, rabiz culture, car talk, teenage humor, silly flirting, Ara Baliozian's self-hate rhetoric, etc, I wanted to bring some substance into it. But like "Siamanto" said, it is a team work. As for enker Skhara, him and I go back a few years - virtually speaking that is. Seeing his ideological and moral maturity within various discussion boards I have developed great respect for him. I also have to say that the moderators "Annonymous" and "loseyourname" have helped me here allot as well. Without them my stay here would probably have ended a long time ago.

Anyway, I don't want to get into a long speech. Please participate in this effort, let's help bring up the quality of the discussions here, or at the very least help us disseminate important information to the general public.

And thank you again and God bless you and your family.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
            Thank you for your kind words, enker.

I'm just doing what comes to me naturally. My primary intention here is to expose young Armenians to real world politics and Armenian nationalism ...
            I just wish you wouldn't let your hate for to US to cloud your judgement so much. A lot of the articles you post are interesting, but they are almost always very one-sided. I have NEVER once seen you post anything positive about the US (I am not referring to this thread per se).

Fortunatley there isn't almost anyone here that really reads these threads other than your own "team" and maybe myself and a couple others ... but overall, if some impressionable mind only read what you post, he or she would have a very skewed view of the world (as in Israel and US bad, the rest of the world fighting against them good -- which by association includes fundamental Islam). This is not to say US and Israel are angels by any means, but at least the US is not as unilaterally "bad" as your threads suggest. They just happen to be allied with Israel which you (and a lot of others) don't particularly like -- which is fine in itself and a lot of the reasons are just.

I would always encourage a more balanced view -- especially if you reflect back and see all you have ever done is to bash the US policies and never pointed out ANYTHING good that they have ever done... unless you think the US NEVER does anything good which I would attribute to middle-east propaganda.
            this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
              I just wish you wouldn't let your hate for to US to cloud your judgement so much.
              Needless to say, I'm an Armenian-American, I have great admiration toward the USA. I see Armenia as my mother/father, the USA as my wife.

Nevertheless, my "anti-American" political sentiments are shared by a growing percentage of Americans today. There are a growing number of Americans today that are attacking the US government's policy towards the Middle East and Russia. There are many Americans today, perhaps in the tens of millions, that are not buying the government sponsored propaganda regarding the events of September 11, 2001. And I'm also a great admirer of Patrick Buchanan who I consider to be one of the last great American politicians. I simply hate and fear the Neoconservatives movement, a movement that is J-e-w lead and a movement that is currently driving this once great nation into oblivion. I also reject this nation's pop culture, its growing liberalism and its consumerism. I also see that US politicians today are serving mega corporation and not the people who elected them. And again, I find that these views regarding the societal/political ailments of this nation are being expressed by more and more Americans.

I suggest you to read the many new publications that enforce the points I have raised. This is a book that I am currently reading, I suggest you give it a look:

The Last Days of Democracy How Big Media And The Power Hungry Government Are Turning America into a Dictatorship: http://www.amazon.com/Last-Days-Demo.../dp/1591025044

And let me remind you that such publications are written by Americans.

A lot of the articles you post are interesting, but they are almost always very one-sided. I have NEVER once seen you post anything positive about the US (I am not referring to this thread per se).
              Perhaps. However, I do so because you, as well as all others in this society, are under constant bombardment by the controlled media. Had I not posted this information here would you have? Had I not initiated these discussions would you have? As a matter of fact, all of the nonsense that you have blurted out of your mouth have been Neocon derived propaganda. You are a sad example of how ignorant the average American today is regarding international politics.

I would always encourage a more balanced view -- especially if you reflect back and see all you have ever done is to bash the US policies and never pointed out ANYTHING good that they have ever done... unless you think the US NEVER does anything good which I would attribute to middle-east propaganda.
              Anything good, politically speaking, that could be said of the United States ended when the Soviet Union collapsed. When you grow up someday you will better understand what I'm telling you.

As usual, your comments have been pointless and senseless. However, I know I can't expect much from you.

Նժդեհ

Comment

At least you are predictable in your inability to take even the slightest criticism. That is one of the dangers when one surrounds him or herself with "yes-men" who will always agree with what you say no matter what the "substance". I understand that my rather balanced view to the world is a bit shocking to you but that's a good thing about the Internet. One-sided "cause-driven" drivles will eventually hit the wall of reason
                this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
                  Perhaps. However, I do so because you, as well as all others in this society, are under constant bombardment by the controlled media.
                  I have to say that you do have a good point there. Constant bombardment of any kind is never a good thing. There has to be balance. Unfortunately balance often seems to be achieved through the clash of the one-siders.
                  this post = teh win.

Comment

[QUOTE=Armenian;177593]Needless to say, I'm an Armenian-American, I have great admiration toward the USA. I see Armenia as my mother/father, the USA as my wife.

I am also an Armenian - American, I have also come to think as you in the last several years. I have been here a long time and I think the USA has and is being sold by our politicians. This is what has happened to many nations in the past.

It is a shame, this was a great country and I was always very proud of it in the past. The apathy of many Americans is a big problem here. I don't see things changing for the better. I hope I am wrong and it gets turned around.

God Bless Armenia and the USA

Comment

Originally posted by melikianAvak View Post
                      I am also an Armenian - American, I have also come to think as you in the last several years. I have been here a long time and I think the USA has and is being sold by our politicians. This is what has happened to many nations in the past.
                      This is not about "America" per say, this is about global politics and America's role within it. America essentially became a pariah state, an imperial power, soon after the collapse of the Soviet Union. However, all the ingredients of such behavior was there much before the Soviet collapse. The Soviet collapse essentially opened the gates. Today, our politicians here are nothing but executives representing massive international corporations and the foreign policy making apparatus in this country is being held hostage by several entities - the oil lobby, the defense industry, the Stock Market, and the Zionist lobby.

The apathy of many Americans is a big problem here. I don't see things changing for the better. I hope I am wrong and it gets turned around.
                      The apathy of many Americans is by design, designed by the political elite. An educated citizenry does not make governing easy, especially if you have to use your citizenry to wage numerous wars overseas in the name of profit. Thus, we see the brainwashing and the dumbing down of the citizenry. And it's not going to turn around, it never has historically speaking. The USA reached its pinnacle, its zenith, during the Cold War and the years following the Soviet Collapse. Today, however, with the rise of China and Russia, as well as America's problems problems in the Middle East, Asia and South America, as well as its almost fifty trillion dollar deficit, the forward momentum of America has stopped and will gradually go into reverse. The US government is playing with too many major fires at the same time. Once the proverbial powder keg explodes no one will be able to contain it, and in this age of advanced missile technology and WMDs the oceans will not protect the borders anymore.

In essence, the country has gotten too big, too bloated, too complacent, too oblivious - sooner or later something will happen to trigger its implosion. And then watch the house collapse. Take a good look at the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans if you want to know what can happen here when the reach and authority of the centralized government breaks down.
                      Last edited by Armenian; 07-29-2007, 11:06 PM.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Working...
                      X