Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian-Turkish Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian-Turkish Relations

what do you mean with retribution? Are we talking about land demand for ROA? Turkey did not take van from ROA and izmir from Greece. So, If It is a political demand, Turkey have absolutely right to resist it.

If we are talking about retribution to persons who suffered and their sons, It is related with law and basic rights not politics.

Anyway, I want to ask a question. I know that Ittihatists genocided armenians (or at least, ethnic cleansed with murder.) but I am against recognision because of political reasons.

While I can feel empathy for individuals, including Turks, in the end no nation's interests can take precedents over the survival of the Armenian nation.
    While I can feel empaty for individuals, including armenians who were suffered at genocide, in the end no nation's interests can take precedents over the survival of the turkish nation. So I do not support recognision of armenians.

So how will most of armenians see me? If They have no interest with moral superiority, They will just see me as a patriot of Turkey (Like gmd or yourself.). Otherwise, They will see me as criminal. so what is your guess?

Comment

Originally posted by Palavra View Post
      what do you mean with retribution? Are we talking about land demand for ROA? Turkey did not take van from ROA and izmir from Greece. So, If It is a political demand, Turkey have absolutely right to resist it.

If we are talking about retribution to persons who suffered and their sons, It is related with law and basic rights not politics.

Anyway, I want to ask a question. I know that Ittihatists genocided armenians (or at least, ethnic cleansed with murder.) but I am against recognision because of political reasons.

While I can feel empaty for individuals, including armenians who were suffered at genocide, in the end no nation's interests can take precedents over the survival of the turkish nation. So I do not support recognision of armenians.

So how will most of armenians see me? If They have no interest with moral superiority, They will just see me as a patriot of Turkey (Like gmd or yourself.). Otherwise, They will see me as criminal. so what is your guess?
      Armenians don't consider anyone a criminal unless you do wrong to them.

By denying the Genocide happening you are clearly a criminal to them.

Comment

Can you count me three unethical act of armenian nation did against other nations?

I am sure, majority of armenians could not find three unethical act.(without looking it at a history book.) That is what I am meaning about moral superiority.

Also, As you can see, most of our armenian friend think that they have right to attack turks because They have moral superiority. turks are evil, uncivilized bla bla bla.they have no problem to call turks as murderer because we have different idea about history..

isnt this same for all of us?
        When Turks decided that Armenian's were a threat to them, and took harsh measures (regardless of what word we use to describe it) to eradicate our people from our homeland, Turks became the greatest threat to Armenians. Nothing you have said and nothing Turkey has done has changed my opinion on this assessment.

Comment

What exactly is it you want from us? To recognize you are a Turkish patriot who personally acknowledges the Genocide but will not utter the word out of patriotism? If that is the case what do you hope to gain by engaging Armenians on an Armenian forum on this topic? Do you need our understanding and forgiveness?

Comment

Can you count me three unethical act of armenian nation did against other nations?

I am sure, majority of armenians could not find three unethical act.(without looking it at a history book.) That is what I am meaning about moral superiority.

Also, As you can see, most of our armenian friend think that they have right to attack turks because They have moral superiority. turks are evil, uncivilized bla bla bla.they have no problem to call turks as murderer because we have different idea about history..

isnt this same for all of us?
            Well not true,in armenia we dont have eny neo nazi belivers,they will not engage in fight only for that reason,if u bother them or opose them about there isues then it will hapen,u have to provoke them,

And u cant have different idea about history,u have it or u have a faulse version,its not religion u know if it hapen it hapend cant be changed.
            Armenians have a great fell of nationality but they never in history did harm to other nation cause as gmd said its all about survival,thats why other nation like as and armenians they are not blind they notice our filings about our country and civilization,we proudly showing that to them,making an influenc at them.
            In mater of fact armenians have big egoism so its hard to have 1 leader for long time all wana be leaders(that is not good in many cases).
            So i dont think that Armenia have less power to talk with Turkey(we have army that can secure borders with some nice toys.we are in a big allience CSTO we are leading it right now,we have support from out side giving presure to Turket and Armenia,future of Armenia economicaly is going be much better.)
            Turkey play the cards of military in numbers and that they can spend much more money,other than that allies of u are much more less to help u than Armenia.
            Look our leaders talk about peace and normalization.
            Turks say armenians can do harm to them ,Armenians same thing.
            Turks can open borders but they dont do that why?
            Armenia is much smaller how much harm can do to Turkey,and turks cant do the same to armenians?
            Wich 1 have the right?is it so hard or complicated to find out?
            Dont say again about diferent points of view,cause wene 1 benefit from other u can see that.its not secret its about 2 countrys and there future.
            I tell u Armenia benefit more "casus beli" and more so in future we will have that card and u will regronize it,if not u all other the world,if we say politicaly nor justic issue we have right in both of them and can make presure.
            It is inevitable.

Comment

Now at 13,000+ signatures

Erdogan totally blasted the petition while Gul said everyone has a right to opinion.
              Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post

Erdogan totally blasted the petition while Gul said everyone has a right to opinion.
                Speaking of Gul, there is a claim in Turkey that Gul's mother is actually an Armenian . It's known that his father is an Arab.

--------------------------------------------------------

Gul reminded about his Armenian origin

18.12.2008 18:14 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ The Armenian apology campaign launched by a group of scientists, writers, artists, journalists and representatives of nongovernmental organizations was discussed at the meeting of Foreign Relations Commission of Turkish parliament on December 17.

Parliamentarians from opposition parties Republican People’s Party (CHP) and National Movement Party (MHP) offered to make a statement condemning those supporting the campaign, the Azeri Press Agency said quoting some Turkish media reports.

Member of MHP, parliamentarian Canan Aritman called the organizers of the campaign betrayers. “False scientists signing it should apologize to Turkey,” she said.

Aritman also criticized President Abdullah Gul’s attitude about the campaign. Saying that Abdullah Gul was encouraged by his visit to Armenia, Aritman dropped a hint that the president’s mother was Armenian.

“We see that the president supports this campaign. Abdullah Gul should be the president of the whole Turkish nation, not of his ethnic origin. Investigate the ethnic origin of the president’s mother, and you will see,” she said.

Some claim that Abdullah Gul’s mother was born to an Armenian-origin family from Kayseri and father was an Arab moved to Kayseri.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Armenians don't consider anyone a criminal unless you do wrong to them.

By denying the Genocide happening you are clearly a criminal to them.
                  You are producing a new crime from your most productive part of body.. Most probably ass.(Sorry not brain.)

When Turks decided that Armenian's were a threat to them, and took harsh measures (regardless of what word we use to describe it) to eradicate our people from our homeland, Turks became the greatest threat to Armenians. Nothing you have said and nothing Turkey has done has changed my opinion on this assessment.
                  I did not say something that can persuade you Turkey is harmless. Infact, I said that Turkey will follow her benefit and ignore ethics.. So you should afraid more and more..

What exactly is it you want from us? To recognize you are a Turkish patriot who personally acknowledges the Genocide but will not utter the word out of patriotism? If that is the case what do you hope to gain by engaging Armenians on an Armenian forum on this topic? Do you need our understanding and forgiveness?
                  Forgiveness? why should I need your forgiveness. I just copied what you said. So If you find it unethical, You should change your ideas and I do not want anything from you.

I want to return my home(I think you cannot help about this issue.) but unfortunately I should wait two month more because of my job. So I am wasting my time at internet. That is all.

Armenians have a great fell of nationality but they never in history did harm to other nation
                  uh. Moral superiority. Thanks for an example.
                  Look our leaders talk about peace and normalization.
                  Turks say armenians can do harm to them ,Armenians same thing.
                  Turks can open borders but they dont do that why?
                  ROA is not even accepting that borders.

Armenia is much smaller how much harm can do to Turkey,and turks cant do the same to armenians?
                  Well , well. History had its ironies. Ottomans were smallest turkish city-state at anatolia at 1300.

I tell u Armenia benefit more "casus beli" and more so in future we will have that card and u will regronize it,if not u all other the world,if we say politicaly nor justic issue we have right in both of them and can make presure.
                  It is inevitable.
                  Than you should continue.. After all, Your win is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by gmd View Post
                    Very good post. Quoted for truth.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

I second that.

Comment

Working...
                      X