Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Georgian Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian Georgian Relations

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    Starting another war? You don't understand how much Armenia needs stability right now, a war with Georgia would devastate us, and would devastate our infrastructure, economy, and in the end the people. We've barely gotten on our feet after the 90s, why the hell plunge Armenia into a repetition of dark years? Plus attacking Georgia will mean that we will be blocked on 3 fronts, so I have no idea how Armenia will survive like that, and who knows maybe Iran one day chooses to join their Muslim compatriots. This would be the worst thing for Armenia I don't understand how you can support creating a new conflict like that, after Karabakh is solved, let us improve our country, get rid of corruption, improve education, infrastructure. Let us make a better country and for once have some stability in this chaotic region.
    Have you even read my first post, nobody is talking going to war now I'm talking about in 10 years after Artsakh is settled de-jure. After that we need a struggle to keep our army strong and to create a bigger influence for Armenia. Israel and NATO and every other power go to war from time to time why do you think that is? Because war has a meaning war brings power and war brings a stronger army in the end.
    How do you think Javakh issue is going to be solved? There aren't many options left for us to help our brothers there. Georgia is abusing the fact that we are tied down in Artsakh.
    And get your fear for Muslims out of your head, Armenia has lived next to Muslims the last 1400 years and will live as long as that religion exists. And Iran has done more for Armenians than Georgia ever will do or has done to this day.

Comment

Armenia to Georgia: Quit Your Wine-ing
      January 26, 2011 - 2:38pm, by Yigal Schleifer
      Kebabistan Food and politics
      Is the Caucasus region about to see the birth of yet another local spat? As News.AZ reports, Georgia and Armenia appear to be heading into a battle over the use of brand names, especially regarding wine. From the report:

Georgian media are urging President Mikheil Saakashvili to raise with his Armenian counterpart the use of Georgian brand names by Armenian producers.
      Saakashvili is to pay an official visit to Armenia In late February-early March.

The media are urging him to prick the conscience of the Armenian side at the negotiations with President Serzh Sargsyan and to protect the interests of Georgian producers, Russian newspaper Vzglyad's correspondent reports from Tbilisi.

Georgia's patent agency has already begun investigations of the use of Georgian brand names by Armenian producers.

The head of the agency, Irakliy Gvaladze, said this was "not the first time that Armenia had tried to steal Georgian brands”.

Armenian officials, meanwhile, have hit back at the Georgian claims, saying their brands are better recognized abroad so they wouldn't even need to use their neighbor's brand names.

its probably bullxxxx considering the first report came from news.az

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
        Have you even read my first post, nobody is talking going to war now I'm talking about in 10 years after Artsakh is settled de-jure. After that we need a struggle to keep our army strong and to create a bigger influence for Armenia. Israel and NATO and every other power go to war from time to time why do you think that is? Because war has a meaning war brings power and war brings a stronger army in the end.
        How do you think Javakh issue is going to be solved? There aren't many options left for us to help our brothers there. Georgia is abusing the fact that we are tied down in Artsakh.
        And get your fear for Muslims out of your head, Armenia has lived next to Muslims the last 1400 years and will live as long as that religion exists. And Iran has done more for Armenians than Georgia ever will do or has done to this day.
        Even in 10 years we are going to be developing and growing, war can cripple a country especially a country like ours for many years, it can set back growth, and people will suffer. Remember you are forcing young men, some of which will most surely be my cousins and family, to fight a war and many of them will die. Many I can assure you will have no desire to fight, many in today Armenia try to do everything in order to get out of army. And in an event of such a war, our only route out will be the tiny border with Iran, where the roads and infrastructure is still very weak. We cannot put all our economic hope on Iran, even if we've had good relations so far. Remember relations between countries are dynamic. In all this war is suicide for us, not that we wouldn't win, but that it will harm us across the board, set our country back, put it into another dark age, harm our international standing, and so on.

Yes we've lived the last 1400 years next to Muslims, and thus the last 1400 years have been filled with chaos, wars, and massacres. Stability for our people as a result has been a high luxury.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Even in 10 years we are going to be developing and growing, war can cripple a country especially a country like ours for many years, it can set back growth, and people will suffer. Remember you are forcing young men, some of which will most surely be my cousins and family, to fight a war and many of them will die. Many I can assure you will have no desire to fight, many in today Armenia try to do everything in order to get out of army. And in an event of such a war, our only route out will be the tiny border with Iran, where the roads and infrastructure is still very weak. We cannot put all our economic hope on Iran, even if we've had good relations so far. Remember relations between countries are dynamic. In all this war is suicide for us, not that we wouldn't win, but that it will harm us across the board, set our country back, put it into another dark age, harm our international standing, and so on.
          You are living in the Caucasus, our enemies will not give us the stability we want. I would want noting more than to live in Armenia and never hear about a war in my life, but that is not how the world is. War is a part of humanity and war will be there for ever.
          The moment we aren't ready to fight for what is ours and expand it, that is the moment we will lose everything we have. A little propaganda and they will be ready to fight for the glory of Armenia, and give land to the soldiers in the new areas. Get professional soldiers have ten children and get them in the army. Reform the army, make it less corrupt, make it a place where Armenians become men and are doing what they are meant to do. And punish those that don't go, make it an act of honor and dignity, and act of padiv to have served in the Armenian army, see what will happen when you do that.

Than we need to develop that area, we need to develop our arms industry. We need to get a huge banking sector that can support the arms industry.
          And xxxx the world, what good things has a good standing brought us?

Yes we've lived the last 1400 years next to Muslims, and thus the last 1400 years have been filled with chaos, wars, and massacres. Stability for our people as a result has been a high luxury.
          How has the 2000 years before that been any different? Or the problem is that it's Islam? I don't think you would have had any problems with me saying we should attack Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
            You are living in the Caucasus, our enemies will not give us the stability we want. I would want noting more than to live in Armenia and never hear about a war in my life, but that is not how the world is. War is a part of humanity and war will be there for ever.
            The moment we aren't ready to fight for what is ours and expand it, that is the moment we will lose everything we have. A little propaganda and they will be ready to fight for the glory of Armenia, and give land to the soldiers in the new areas. Get professional soldiers have ten children and get them in the army. Reform the army, make it less corrupt, make it a place where Armenians become men and are doing what they are meant to do. And punish those that don't go, make it an act of honor and dignity, and act of padiv to have served in the Armenian army, see what will happen when you do that.

Than we need to develop that area, we need to develop our arms industry. We need to get a huge banking sector that can support the arms industry.
            And xxxx the world, what good things has a good standing brought us?
            There must be a direct causa belli for us to attack or else our reputation will be greatly tarnished in the international arena. So Georgians have to start ethnically cleansing or persecuting Armenians for us to get involved. But even with that how do you think we will survive if we are blockaded on 3 fronts? And Iran itself also being blockaded by almost the whole world doesn't do us any good. In order to build such a grand army also requires a lot of money and governmental effort. Not many countries will support us because we have nothing to offer (no oil, ocean, gas, etc.) And creating such a huge arms industry will also be very difficult. Remember we are a country of 3 million, and we are not like Israel or Azerbaijan which are of great interest to the world because of the resources/position.

How has the 2000 years before that been any different? Or the problem is that it's Islam? I don't think you would have had any problems with me saying we should attack Iran.
            I look at all the times Islamic empries have tried to invade us and kill our Armenian identity. Islam was used by the Turks to massacre us, and I look at how many Islamic countries banded together during the Karabakh war and sent money, weapons, and soldiers to Azeris, or how Islamic extremists actively fought on the Azeri side. But despite all that, I don't hate Muslims as I'm not a bigot, nor will I hate any person for their religion. I hate it when certain Muslims preach for the killing of the infidel or preaching active violence, but I doubt any person in their right mind supports that.

Why the hell would I support an attack on Iran. The Iran-Azeri rivalry is good for us, and has created favourable conditions as Iran supports us in order to counterbalance this rivalry. But remember if it wasn't for this rivalry or the issue of Azeri in Northern Iran, I doubt Iran would support us, or be neutral in the Karabakh issue. Yet another example of being "friends" in order to full-fill their self-interest, as the only reason Iran is friends with us now is because of that rivalry, not because they think we are their "brothers" or other BS reasons like that.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

There must be a direct causa belli for us to attack or else our reputation will be greatly tarnished in the international arena. .
              F#ck reputation! In the greater scope of things, the reputation doesn't matter. All matters is who has control, and who can maintain control. If a state has and maintains control of an area, then after a short time no-one would give a damn. Winners, by definition, didn't lose, so regardless of the cause, the losers will label them as fascists.

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
                Word up!
                Possible Option......Plan and pre-empt Azerbaijan, we have every right to do so due to their agressive behavor and a clear and present danger to Armenia's security and sovereignty.

The road to Western Armenia is through the East, says I.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

this is kingdom of georgia in 12th century there is yerevan,kars, dwin and many other city of armenia so thats it mean that example yerevan is geogian historical city? no yerevan is armenian city and dwin and kars... but javakheti and axalqalaqi is historical land of Georgia armenia have meny enemies azers, turks but not georgians we are freands... and i hope you understand me amrenians. in turkey where is not armenian lands in west of kars were are georgian lands, armenian lands are around lake of vani now where are living kurds but its your problem armenians, the river chorokhi and black sea coast with trabzon city is georgian lands! ! ! and now where are living muslim georgians!

Comment

Originally posted by georgia View Post
                    this is kickdom of georgia in 12th century there is yerevan,kars, dwin Bla... bla.. bla... Armenia have meny enemies azers, turks .... but not georgians we are freands... !
                    You are Turks friend! Is that a serious argument for boasting? You are good at performing dances ordered by others, ... if paid or threatened properly. Turks are not exception.

Before becoming someone's friend you should learn it's spelling properly ... first. And then ... the meaning ...

You don't know what Dro Kanayan (commander of Armenian army devision) spoke to your ancestors on the land issues and they all agreed with everything he told them? Please read about that, before talking that bravely my Georgian "hero".

Did you take part in the recent heroic action of protecting Osetia and Abkhazia from Osetians and Abkhazians ... any results?

How many times during the course of history you accepted your friends-Turks advice to convert to Islam? You have great friends, all the world envies you for choosing that distinguished friends.
                    Last edited by gegev; 02-01-2011, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by georgia View Post
                      ...javakheti and axalqalaqi is historical land of Georgia armenia have meny enemies azers, turks but not georgians we are freands... and i hope you understand me amrenians. in turkey where is not armenian lands in west of kars were are georgian lands, armenian lands are around lake of vani now where are living kurds but its your problem armenians, the river chorokhi and black sea coast with trabzon city is georgian lands! ! ! and now where are living muslim georgians!
                      Cool story bro

Also, I don't think your Turkish friends will agree with you but while you at it why don't you go for double jeopardy where the points ready add up Georgy boy.
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X