Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Presidential elections 2008 in Armenia

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
    As I observe from the wayside, I must say, anyone who does not think that there was some funny business that occurred during the elections is serious deluded.
    I don't think you'll find anyone saying the election were 'completely' "fair and just." That, however, is not the point. The point is electing a pro-Turk, pro-West treasonous whore like Levon, who incidentally, ruined the nation during his rule and was forced out because he wanted to return Artsakh to Azeri rule. Nevertheless, in reality, a nation in the situation Armenia is in can't (and should not in my opinion) have free and fair elections. Upper echelons of government, the senior military leadership, the diplomatic cores, the political senior political analysts, etc, need to determine where the republic is to be heading and how, not the hungry masses of ignorant people. Moreover, of all the candidates we had Sargsyan was best qualified to run the country. Because of the Kocharyan administration, the Armenian Republic has made significant gains, especially in the realms of foreign policy and military. Nonetheless, seeing what I have seen of Armenians, I pray to God that the country falls into the hands of a nationalist strongman and not into the hand of the suicidal masses.

Originally posted by Կարմիր Բ View Post
    Armenia is a fascist dictatorship and ruled by traitors who shot Armenian people just as the Azerbaijanis and Turks would do. And that says a lot. And today we also saw the main difference between Ter Petrosyan and the current thugs. The difference is that Ter Petrosyan handed the power down when the people were against him while the current thugs wont because all they care about is power and $$$. They are finished. That's for sure. Whoever shoots Armenian people will be dealt accordingly.
    I can only pray for a fascist dictatorship in Armenia and the day when all wannabe Bolsheviks go home to Lenin...

Originally posted by Azad View Post
    I think Armenia should temporarily let a western business person like Krikorian run the country for a decade. I like Vartan Oskanian he should have been the President.
    Azad, with all due respects, this comment of yours reminds me exactly of the problem we Armenians have - naivety and lack of understanding of history and politics. Armenia's problem is its geographic location, its 80 yeas of Bolshevism and the mere fact that we have not had nationhood for nearly a thousand years. The biggest obstacles Armenia faces today is regional superpower geopolitics and its neighbors. Thus, no one, including a person like Krikorian, can cure Armenia's ailments, unless, however, the person is willing to sacrifice all of Armenia's national interests, bend over to Azerbaijan Georgia, Turkey, EU and the US and break away from Russia and Iran. In a nut shell, this is the problem. So, give up all your short term/longterm national interests for western promises, or stick the course you currently are on now???
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Armenian, I think you misunderstood my point. In no way I would support Western political influence on Armenia. I personally think we do not even have enough Russian involvement in Armenia and do believe that Armenia will not survive a day without Russia. The point I was making that it is hight time to move to a new generation of politicians that are more refined and sophisticated that the ones with a cigarette in their hands.

Kocharyan was an excellent President and definitely Sargsyan would have been my first choice from the candidates, except I do not view it as a progression from Kocharyan to Sargsyan. I think it is time to move to a new generation of refined politicians.
      Last edited by Azad; 03-02-2008, 09:37 AM.

Comment

I don't support Ter-Petrosyan. I don't agree with his foreign policy. I was neutral in this conflict and what I wanted is a balance of power and a democratic process. I made a post in this very thread some months ago where I wrote that whoever is the victor, I hope he doesn't win with a large margin because that way he will be forced to be under check.

I am very upset with this situation because they are creating a needless civil war.

You people should be men enough to admit that the voting was rigged. This is not a matter of who is right. Its a matter of violation of the rules. Every game has its rules. If you don't go by the rules, sooner or later things will go out of control.

Rule 1) The majority decides
        Rule 2) You don't xxxxing shoot your own people.

We all knew that these protests would happen. I know that there are some who say that the country needs stability. I agree. What kind of stability though do you excpect, when you are managing the country, as if it is your private property?

You play by the rules.

Anyone who says he didn't expect protests to spark is a hypocrite. You blame the protesters while you are miles away, but you don't see the reasons which have lead these people to the streets. And the protests will intensify if we don't alleviate the causes.

The average protester doesn't give a xxxx about Levon. And nobody wants to sell the country. Is there anyone who seriously believes that these people are risking their lifes because they are Turkish agents?!! Or because of a xxxxing politician? Please, get a grip.

Their problem is that they are tired of being habitually manipulated for the pockets of 4 families. Their problem is that there is no Justice. Their problem is that they are not allowed to decide for their own fate.

These are the same people who brought Levon down because of his foreign policy. And they are the same people who will bring the new nomenklatura down. The one's to be blamed are them, not the people.

The Armenian people know no master and serve nobody. The Armenian people are not obedients or subjects. I will not accept my countrymen to be treated as if they are some barbarian tribes somewhere in Africa who lower their heads to their rulers. If you are looking for yes-men, then you are in the wrong country.

No justice, no peace.

You are not going to find stability in the country if you brake the rules anytime soon, believe me.

Comment

...another email from a freind of mine who lives in the gendron. Here is what he had to say as of 3/2/08:

"Hi, this morning I walked from opera house until mashtoz underpass everything was just fine police closed the underpass toward city hall and near French embassy where they made a mess and my friend 8:30 at night went everywhere with exception of closed area and found calm I hope stays calm. We are fine and all shops are open and traffic is normal, 8 people got killed and about 30 people got arrested for looting all young guys."

Comment

I heard some strong warnings from Kocharian and Tigran Torosyan that the men who organized this (levon effendi and his team) are going to pay for what they did. I hope they will be brought to justice and have to spend the rest of their lives in prison.

Armenian you forgot to add one person to your list of traitors that need to be executed:

Nikol Pashinyan

This man was calling on the police yesterday night during the rallies to join the protestors and give up their loyalty to the ruling government.

Armenian I agree with what you said and that you kind of saw this coming or did expect such a thing could happen shows that you know what you talk about. For me this was really unexpected.
            However I don't think that you can call all the protestors of levon enemies or traitors. I bet there were a lot of people there who were just tired of the social conditions and were hoping for a better life and a populist leader like levon speaks to the mind of these people. They saw him as their only chance to get a better life. I'm not saying that they did the right thing I'm just saying that we should view these things from different perspectives. The only ones that really need to be punished are levon and his team.

here is a message to levon:
            LEVON TER-PETROSYAN HRAJARVI
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            Last edited by Lernakan; 03-02-2008, 10:53 AM.

Comment

I am a supporter of democratic values. However the road to demarcate is not the same for all the courtiers and real democracy is not achieved overnight. In case of Armenia (I strongly belief) we should not be in hurry; As it might turn to be a deadly mistake.

IMO The priorities are
              Stability and security (for obvious reasons) strong army and security services.
              Strong national unity (Here we need to promote healthy nationalism)
              Good economy (lesser chance creating bustards that ready to sell the country out)

And some time after, when country will be on a stable path democracy should be gradually introduced.

Yes….and if we need a guy like Pinochet for start so let it be!
              Last edited by Artandsky; 03-02-2008, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artandsky View Post
                Yes….and if we need a guy like Pinochet for start so let it be!
                How comfortable to say that while you are in your cosy EU country.

Comment

Originally posted by Կարմիր Բ View Post
                  How comfortable to say that while you are in your cosy EU country.
                  And what do you suggest? U-turn politicks after every election?

Or just tell how would you like to see the near future of Armenia?

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                    Have you seen wath the followzeq of Levon did you Yerevan, the stores they robed. They ere acting like criminals and are now treated like criminals.

Today when I saw the city I was wondering where the army was to protect the city against those savages. And Robert should have acted sooner
                    Have you seen the video or you heard about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Fedayeen View Post
                      Have you seen the video or you heard about it?
                      seen on the news, seen the damage in the stores. Cars destroyed busses destroyed. The grand candy store was looted all the candy was stolen. shoes stores and all

Comment

Working...
                      X