Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Dashnaktsutyun - Armenian Revolutionary Federation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dashnaktsutyun - Armenian Revolutionary Federation

LoveArmenia; I used to be a member of A.Y.F. and loved it. I am also a Tashnagtsagan and I honestly believe faithfully and know it for certain about the organization, their long history of achievements and they are many. For the record, today's Armenian Republic owes it to the Armenian Revolutionary Federation.

One thing for sure; ARF members and believers normally are extremely patriotic and would die for Armenia when and if the need arise.

I just read your posts and BTW; are you Armenian by any chance? Because I just noticed that you're fighting with our Mukuch.
    Last edited by Anoush; 09-30-2009, 04:51 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Anoush;281011]LoveArmenia; I used to be a member of A.Y.F. and loved it. I am also a Tashnagtsagan and I honestly believe faithfully and know it for certain about the organization, their long history of achievements and they are many. For the record, today's Armenian Republic owes it to the Armenian Revolutionary Federation.

One thing for sure; ARF members and believers normally are extremely patriotic and would die for Armenia when and if the need arise.

The problem with ARF is that it has too many Mukuchs and not enough thinkers who can formulate a effective strategy for the Armenian nation. Realistic goal setting and achievement is the key to a successfull strategy and just saying no to everything while not bringing any new and creative ideas of your own will not win you support among the people of Armenia. The present administration offers them oppertunities while ARF offers endless war and continued isolation with economic development being stunted. The ARF needs a new generation of thinkers to lead the plethera of fighters it already has.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
        LoveArmenia; I used to be a member of A.Y.F. and loved it. I am also a Tashnagtsagan and I honestly believe faithfully and know it for certain about the organization, their long history of achievements and they are many. For the record, today's Armenian Republic owes it to the Armenian Revolutionary Federation.

I just read your posts and BTW; are you Armenian by any chance? Because I just noticed that you're fighting with our Mukuch.
        Yes i am Armenian dont listen to Mukuch. he thinks anyone who doesnt agree with him and isnt tashnag is not Armenian.

my last name is Shaverdian. I am Armenian

Comment

• Re: Armenian Revolutionary Federation (Dashnagsootyoon)

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
          Who said that? Where did you get that xxxx from?

Give me one example.
          Andranik was just an uneducated son of a carpenter who was not able to grasp Dashnak Intelectuals... And yes he was some where else when Dashnaks were defending Armenia (or what rest of it) from turks in Sardarapat...

????

It seems your information comes from a turkish schoolboock...

Conclusion... you are just another turk maymun!
          Calm down!!!!

It is very good to ask questions, and he said nothing wrong.

Andranik was a legend, a fearless lion, and a dashnak god. Dashnaks have forever eternalized his name in our revolutionary songs.

Don't be quick to talk nonsence. Andranik had some serious problems with the policies adopted by the dashnak leadership at the time in question, and some points in particular was very hard for patriots like Andranik to swallow. Njdeh had some serious problems with the party and later withdrew from the ARF, too.

The point is, these men are NATIONAL heroes, so stop being a party finatic and talking nonsence. Don't forget, the party is not the nation, but was created to serve the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveArmenia View Post
            the problem is i have heard a lot of negative things from Armenian Revolutionary Federation
            such as:
            1. Armenia hates them
            2. Everytime some Armenian did something heroic in the past, the Dashnagsootyoon would claim him as their own (such as Kach Antranik, who was so mad at Dashnaks he left Armenia)
            3. they are violent
            etc etc
            Armenia does not hate them. During the soviet times, nationalism was banned in Armenia, the dashnaks were demonized by the soviet union, and a lot of historical distortion regarding the dashnaks went on. Due to this soviet policy, a lot of Armenians were led to view the dashnaks in a negative light.

There are still a lot of people armenia who think this way in armenia today. However, the dashnaks have come a long way in the current republic of armenia. Branches all over the country, youth organizations, and such.

more importantly, look at the feelings of our "dear" neighbors, the turks and azeris, regardings the dashnaks.

dashnaks have done a lot for the nation, they have proved their devotion to the country with their blood, and there are countless examples.

Comment

I don't know a lot about both groups, but
              our country needs a group that is for the
              people, and for the good of people.
              I don't know about you, but I can't
              even visit Armenia now without having
              worries in the back of my mind about getting
              robbed, because i'm from america.
              We need a president who will bring prosperity
              through strict economic regimes, and infrastructure
              development, I mean theres only around 2 and a half
              million of us living in Armenia we should really make the
              best of our land.

Comment

Originally posted by Icy View Post
                I don't know a lot about both groups, but
                our country needs a group that is for the
                people, and for the good of people.
                I don't know about you, but I can't
                even visit Armenia now without having
                worries in the back of my mind about getting
                robbed, because i'm from america.
                We need a president who will bring prosperity
                through strict economic regimes, and infrastructure
                development, I mean theres only around 2 and a half
                million of us living in Armenia we should really make the
                best of our land.
                Give me a break man. I go to Armenia every chance i get with my kid and wife and i sent my wife and kid without me this summer and getting robbed was never a issue. You need to go often and make friends there and you will see how silly your worries of being robbed are.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Federation View Post
                  Calm down!!!!

It is very good to ask questions, and he said nothing wrong.

Andranik was a legend, a fearless lion, and a dashnak god. Dashnaks have forever eternalized his name in our revolutionary songs.

Don't be quick to talk nonsence. Andranik had some serious problems with the policies adopted by the dashnak leadership at the time in question, and some points in particular was very hard for patriots like Andranik to swallow. Njdeh had some serious problems with the party and later withdrew from the ARF, too.

The point is, these men are NATIONAL heroes, so stop being a party finatic and talking nonsence. Don't forget, the party is not the nation, but was created to serve the nation.
                  thank you very much
                  and lol lets not go to far. their is only one God and that is God :]

Comment

[QUOTE=Haykakan;281014]
                    Originally posted by Anoush View Post

The problem with ARF is that it has too many Mukuchs and not enough thinkers who can formulate a effective strategy for the Armenian nation. Realistic goal setting and achievement is the key to a successfull strategy and just saying no to everything while not bringing any new and creative ideas of your own will not win you support among the people of Armenia. The present administration offers them oppertunities while ARF offers endless war and continued isolation with economic development being stunted. The ARF needs a new generation of thinkers to lead the plethera of fighters it already has.
                    You know what you're doing Haykakan? Havado hankanag. You still believe that the turko lover sargsyan's acceptance of the deadly protocols and his actions same as our traitor Vasags and the "Naxarars" who willingly sold their country and lands; meaning our country and lands is such a good idea. Go insist in believing in your deadly protocols for the final demease of our motherland, meanwhile I insist on believing otherwise.

'Tejpakhdapar' in the end we'll see who was the one who has foreseen the reality in the true perspective. Frankly, the way things are and for the love of our 'Hayrenik' I sincerely hope that I would be wrong; but let's wait and see.

Furthermore, unfortunately the newer generation of Armenians are not aware of their history, a good many of them are not even educated enough to be smart and patriotic enough to know whether their government is doing the right thing for them. And this is frankly the scary part. If the people are not educated enough to know their history and what transpired with a deadly enemy right next door, it's just a no win and frankly a very unfortunate situation. I wished a thousand times that the people in Armenia were better equipped with their history not to let for history to repeat itself, and so they could fight against their government and demand their rights for the future of their country.

Let me remind you Haykakan that it is not only ARF that is against the protocols; but the Ramgavars and other parties as well. Only less than a week ago in Glendale they rallied on the streets thousands of Armenians who belonged to various parties against the protocols. So it's not just the ARF.
                    Last edited by Anoush; 09-30-2009, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
                      Originally Posted by Yedtarts View Post
                      I don't know what kind of Dashnak you are, but the ones I know all respect and honor him.

Originally Posted by Mukuch View Post
                      I didnt know that Vazgen I, Hovhanes Bagramyan and even Anastas Mikoyan were Dashnaks

You didnt mention any dashnak. just that.
                      Like I said, your short slightness allows you to see only the things that suit your agenda.
                      What about these guys, weren’t they Dashnaks?

Avetis Aharonian- "For the Armenian people, Andranik is not a mere person, but the embodiment of a powerful and unshaken thought. Andranik is the idol which our people molded according to their aspirations and ideals."
                      Nikol Aghbalian- "Andranik's character had 2 basic features: hatred without reservation towards the Turks, and an active and deep love towards the Armenian people- the peasants in particular. His assessments of military situations on the battlefield amounted to prophecy.
                      Personal life had virtually no place in his thoughts."
                      The writer, intellectual and ARF leader Mikayel Varandian wrote about Andranik: "Not less courageous and not less capable than Serob Aghbiur, Andranik had both intelligence and instinct. A born strategist, with a thorough knowledge of the mountains and valleys of the motherland, he was a unique and unparalleled leader and commander. He was audacious and courageous, also cautious and farsighted"
                      Believe me I knew lots of people like you in Lebanon and some of them were very close friends, but none of them would dare to disrespect or badmouth the Hero Antranik. When you disrespect him it's like you’re disrespecting your whole nation, because every thinker and every great men of our nation spoke well and respected this man.

Comment

Working...
                      X