Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Add the kardashians to the famous Armenian section's description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Add the kardashians to the famous Armenian section's description

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    Wrong, blacks in America have absolutely NO CONNECTION to their African roots emotionally or culturally. The majority don't even know what part of Africa they are from.
    not always true.
    but let's pretend for a moment that it is 100% true.
    there are many people that say they're black. some of them don't look black. some of them i'm pretty sure aren't even black. but they swear somewhere in their family there is a black person, and they go and try to find who it is -so they can keep saying they're black.

They feel so Armenian that they feel the need to insult the culture repeatedly. They are beyond trash and an embarrassment to any society let alone Armenian. They are NOT ARMENIAN.
    Mexicans do that all the time.

They're famous models is all. No one takes them very seriously unless to discuss their body.

Comment

Originally posted by Tali View Post
      #2) The Kardashians at the most basic definition are Armenian. When it comes to blood, they are (to be more technical) "part Armenian." Now, whether they have Armenian SELF-IDENTITY is another matter. Though the Kardashians are famous for their bodies instead of their culture, there is no real way of knowing how "Armenian" they feel they are.
      How the hell are they Armenian? Please tell me a people who have grown up in a American household, with American values, with no knowledge of Armenia, Armenian culture, or language, how the hell are they Armenian!!! They are American wh*res, end of story! They are as much Armenian as I am Japanese. I wonder if their last name was Smith, would there be the same talk.
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

not always true.
        there are many people that say they're black. some of them don't look black. some of them i'm pretty sure aren't even black. but they swear somewhere in their family there is a black person, and they go and try to find who it is -so they can keep saying they're black.

Mexicans do that all the time.

They're famous models is all. No one takes them very seriously unless to discuss their body.

Not really fair or accurate to compare Armenian assimilation with Mexican similation. Armenia is a small nation, which less than 100 years ago suffered a genocide; 1/3 of world's Armenian population gone in a matter of 3-4 years. Furthermore, as I have often said, there is no culture which Armenia comes really close to, the closest are some of the fellow Cacausian peoples, and the Persians. However, Mexicans are part of a larger Latin culture which streches from the Rio Grande to Patagonia. I know there are differences between the various nations of Spanish Latin America, however, in comparison to Armenia and its neighborhood, they are close.
        For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
        to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

not always true.
          Perhaps they they want to take advantage of affirmative action. Black is a colour, there are extremely dark skinned people from India. Just because they are black doesn't mean they are African. Haitians are also from Africa but they've been in Haiti for so many generations that they have no attachment to Africa. There are Indians in South Africa that have been there for 6 or 7 generations. A lot of people have been transferred against their will for slavery purposes. There are Indians in the West Indies, same thing.

To be Armenian requires a sense of being and attachment that comes from being raised by Armenians, observing their mannerisms and adopting the identity.
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Blood is important, but culture supercedes it.
            For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
            to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
              Blood is important, but culture supercedes it.
              Well how often you have a person with no Armenian blood being raised as an Armenian or having Armenian culture? If you have Armenian culture, there's 99.5% chance you have Armenian blood (and it being significant so >25%)
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

True story... I got a call from this girl from New York that was looking for her real mother. All she had to go by was her birth surname which was the same last name from my mom's side of the family. So she had looked up her last name and found my number. Anyways, this girl was abandoned at birth and adopted by an American couple. She also had a non related sister that was also adopted by the same couple so she grew up entirely American. Her mother was an Armenian immigrant from Turkey that migrated to America in the 70's, she was never married and gave birth to this girl as a single mother then gave her up for adoption. Throughout this young girl's life, she tried to find out about her past and who she was. What she ended up doing is researching middle eastern culture and she was actually belly dancing in New York apart from working other odd jobs. She was most likely 50% Armenian by blood but had no exposure to Armenian parents. Is identity carried by blood and genes? If she didn't have an Armenian last name and knew nothing about her birth mother, would she have any clue as to her Armenian ancestry? Of course not.
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Kanada did you keep in touch with her? You could help her exposure to Armenian culture.
                  Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                    Kanada did you keep in touch with her? You could help her exposure to Armenian culture.
                    No, she thought she had found relatives thinking I was one of them but I confirmed there was no relation and helped track down a couple other leads with the same last name living in the U.S..... one seemed like it could be her birth mother. She was the right age and had a former New York address which by then was shown to be living in Florida. I lost contact with her and I'm not sure if she pursued it or not.
                    Last edited by KanadaHye; 02-23-2011, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Is identity carried by blood and genes? If she didn't have an Armenian last name and knew nothing about her birth mother, would she have any clue as to her Armenian ancestry? Of course not.
                      How is identity carried by blood and genes? If an Armenian that was full blooded was born to Italian parents and never told about his "genes", you really think he would one day feel that he was Armenian? No he would always regard himself as Italian, never question, and right to do so, as he would be only Italian.

Tell me are Americans that have German blood but are 3rd or 4th generation, Germans?

A full blooded Armenian who knows nothing about armenian culture, doesn't have armenian mindset, etc if dropped in yerevan he will feel like a foreigner, he's not going to feel "at home" because of his DNA.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---

Comment

Working...
                      X