Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Add the kardashians to the famous Armenian section's description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Add the kardashians to the famous Armenian section's description

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
    and lastly about the bishi

I guess "bishi" is just a generic term used by Armenians for some kind of fried dough pastry in a sugar syrup. The only one I've known is the one my mom makes which is a ball of fried dough in a sugar syrup w/o any cinnamon, I think there's also some rose water in the syrup. I don't know where the word bishi comes from though, it doesn't seem to be Turkish or Arabic from what I gather, but if it's Armenians it's strange that many Armenians haven't heard of it or use some other word to describe the same thing.
    I think the term "bishi" comes from India. I know Indians also call cheese "paneer".

Only other thing that would make sense is Mitsu-Bishi. Bishi means "water chestnut" and I suppose fried dough balls would look like water chestnuts but how would Armenians have come to use that term....

I was reading the Kardashian sisters were making an Armenian pancake.They called it BeeShee. Here is what Kourtney wrote maybe you can find and post the recipe as I have googled beeshee to no avail and she says she will not share the recipe as it's a family secret.

" 'making my famous Armenian breakfast called Beeshee. My grandmother on my dad’s side taught me how to make it and I am the only person in our family who knows how. You have to make it the night before, let the dough rise, and then prepare it in the morning, which Khloe always does. So we do it together as a team effort haha. Because it is a bit of a process, we only make it on special occasions, and every year for Father’s Day, my dad would ask us to make him Beeshee…and of course we always did. It is so delicious and fattening! It’s basically like a thin, crispy fried pancake that you pour tons of sugar on.’
    Thanks”
    http://www.thearmeniankitchen.com/20...-armenian.html
    Last edited by KanadaHye; 03-10-2011, 05:04 AM.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
      @ Siggie,

I'm not saying that we shouldn only associate ourselves with the Kardashian clan, by all means we will stil mention Cher and Aznavour and whoever else, I'm just saying that along with those famous Armenians we should also mention the Kardashians.

No one under the age of 30 cares about Cher, and most people in the English speaking world don't know or care about Aznavour. Even most sports fans don't care about Agassi, and with him you have Iranians and Assyrians saying he's their nationality too, and with Kirkorian, it's only us armos and business people who know or care about him. We need people to reach all demographics, and the Kardashian's certainly can reach people that other notable Armenians can't. The purpose of this site isn't just for Armenians to come talk, it's a public forum, everyone can read anything posted here without registering, and the site turns up in google searches so it's not just Armenians and the random middle easterner on here,

So maybe when a Kim fan who's googling "Kim Kardashian Armenia" or "Where is Armenia" or "Is Kris Jenner Armenian?" will accidentally come across this site, see the Kardashian name and be curious enough to wander through the forums pages, maybe even to the AG boards. This same reason applies on why I want "System of A Down" to be in the famous Armo section as opposed to Andre Agassi or Kirk Krikorian.
      They'll get hits anyway from content. It's not going to add any to have them in the subforum description, but whatever... Create a poll with the most popular people (w/ multiple responses) and put it to a vote. I'll put like the top 4 or 5 in the subforum description.
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Kim's Grandmother?

"Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

As far as her being the only thing people will think of when they hear "Armenian" it's better her than nothing.
          So you rather Armenians be associated with a dumb wh*re than not be known? Why make things worse when it can be neutral?.

Also I said I know she and her family are using their roots just to sell themselves, but it can be a symbiotic relationship as opposed to a parasitic one if we allow it to.
          It is parasitic because they are exploiting a Armenian identity they have no right to.

As far as her actually stop using the name as a gimmick idk if that day will ever come, but I do agree that she'll eventually try to reinvent herself as time goes on by becoming more Armenian. She always says that she wants to do an Armenia trip with all her siblings, mom, etc, but things keep getting in the way (like Khloe and Lamar getting their own show that will air later this year), with all their different schedules but she hopes that they eventually can all do it.
          I hope Armenian Government is smart enough to deny those idiots visas. I had read something years ago that said show producers wanted to film their trip to Armenia as they believe it would be like "Borat 2". So really their trip to Armenia would be so that they could mock Armenia and our people, in order for some cash. F*ck them - the only place they deserve to be is in the black ghettos of America.
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
            Kim's Grandmother?

Scary!
            For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
            to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

She met a primate of the Western Diocese of the Armenian Church and claimed she met the prime minister. Come on. If she saw Bako Sahakian she'd probably say see met Bean who forgot his toupe.

I mean she met Archbishop Hovnan Derderian and she represented that she met the prime minister of Armenia. She doesn't even know the identity of local Armenian demagogues. Its obvious that before 2009 she had never met or seen the primate as she could not properly identify him after having her photo taken with her. She's a vapid tool.

Last edited by freakyfreaky; 03-10-2011, 03:36 PM.
              Between childhood, boyhood,
              adolescence
              & manhood (maturity) there
              should be sharp lines drawn w/
              Tests, deaths, feats, rites
              stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                Kim's Grandmother?

That's her father's mother, Kim says she's full Armenian, which is not improbable for one we don't know if that's her actual hair color and even if it is, she could still be Armenian. There is a small percentage of fairer skinned, lighter hair and eye colored Armenians, who were born in an all Armenian family. There probably was a non Armenian in the mix generations back. But all Armenians probably have some odar in there family tree somewhere down the line.

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                So you rather Armenians be associated with a dumb wh*re than not be known? Why make things worse when it can be neutral?.
                Yes, it's better to be known for something than nothing at all, even if that something is deemed bad. And while by Armenian standards kim might be a wh0re, but by American/European standards, she's just a celebrity socialite, and behaves like most other female celebrity socialites do. Remember her purpose is to bring attention to us in America and any other country she's famous in, not to be an actual celebrity in Armenia or anything.

Also Kim posts about other notable Armenian Celebs like "Cher" and "Mark Geragos" too, making a younger generation that's unaware that these people have Armenian backgrounds aware. So it's not like she's trying to be steal the spotlight from other Armenian celebrities

Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
                She met a primate of the Western Diocese of the Armenian Church and claimed she met the prime minister. Come on. If she saw Bako Sahakian she'd probably say see met Bean who forgot his toupe.

I mean she met Archbishop Hovnan Derderian and she represented that she met the prime minister of Armenia. She doesn't even know the identity of local Armenian demagogues. Its obvious that before 2009 she had never met or seen the primate as she could not properly identify him after having her photo taken with her. She's a vapid tool.
                by "Bean" do you mean "Mr.Bean?" Also I had no idea what Bako Sahakian looked like until I just googled him and I doubt most Armenians in the diaspora even know who he is let alone what he looks like.

As for her saying Hovan Derderian was the prime minister, this is the quote from the official blog for that event. It's dated Jan 28, 2009

"Khloe, Rob and I went to meet Archbishop Hovnan Derderian of Armenia!

There was a charity event for the orphanages in Armenia and we went to support. We were taught how to greet the prime minister and also met Mark Geragos (he is a famous attorney who was friends with my dad)!

Anything we can do to lend our support to our heritage we gladly do!

We are dying to go to Armenia! Hopefully this year we will go! No one in my family has been back, and it’s really important to me that we go!
                She has this posted with pictures of the event. I think maybe she just had a blond moment, and typed "learned to greet prime minister" instead of "learned to greet the primate," b/c for anyone who isn't an orthodox or catholic christian the only time the word primate is used is in biology to describe humans and monkeys. And even if she or any other Armenian went to an Armenian Orthodox church at all growing up, it's not like the word "primate" isn't exactly used at all, unless there's official church business being done in English.

And she clearly stated in the first sentence though that he was the archbishop.

Probably some other bloggers just misconstrued that second part and said she had met the prime minister when they reblogged it.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another reason to add the Kardashians to the description is that besides their show on E, and the new "Khloe & Lamar" show that will air this year,

Kourtney Kardashian will be guest staring on the ABC daytime soap opera, "One Life To Live." For at least one episode in march, they said she will not be representing herself, but will be playing a character, which always mean if she is received well she could be cast in more episodes and become a recurring character, or maybe even use this gig to land other acting roles. Her role on the show will bring her and her sisters more attention with women in the 18-49 demographic who are at home in the day
                Last edited by ara87; 03-10-2011, 10:22 PM.

Comment

She is celebrity of the prostitutes/sinners.

For sure God would ask her/it following questions:

1. How many times did you rent your body to the black?
                  2. Does any customer violate your body parts usage terms, agreed upon in advance, and what was your reaction in that case & did you dare to reprimand the client?
                  3. How did you disinfect your parts after the intensive and violent usage, did you use chemical laundry services?
                  4. What part of your body proved to be most profitable and did you calculate the profit margins for each?
                  5. How many new clients did you get through your sex videos spread in the Internet?
                  6. How many male prostitutes you raped violently as a “revenge”, against those, who abused your body; while rented.

What’s the total amount you made in the business? It would be direct proportional to the sins you carried out ... alas ... my dirty lamb.
                  Last edited by gegev; 03-11-2011, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Umm, Abp. Derderian is not from ARMENIA!!! And, he's not the prime minister.

Duh, any diaspora in the Los Angeles area could tell you that. He was born in Lebanon and lives in Southern California. She obviously never met or saw him before 2009 although she has lived in California all of her life.
                    Between childhood, boyhood,
                    adolescence
                    & manhood (maturity) there
                    should be sharp lines drawn w/
                    Tests, deaths, feats, rites
                    stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

I wonder if she has any actual knowledge of Armenian culture, or if she brings up her roots in order to sound different, exotic, and/or rare, since Armenian is not one of the more commonly encountered ethnicities in the United States. Either way, as much as some people here probably wouldn't want to admit it, for better or worse, the younger generation does often think of the Kardashians when they think of Armenians.

Comment

Working...
                      X