Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Add the kardashians to the famous Armenian section's description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Add the kardashians to the famous Armenian section's description

Are there really SIX whole pages devoted to the Kardashians on here??? This makes me sad. Boo hoo. I'm so not reading all that. And why would anyone bump this thread?!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyLazarus View Post
      Are there really SIX whole pages devoted to the Kardashians on here??? This makes me sad. Boo hoo. I'm so not reading all that. And why would anyone bump this thread?!
      There used to actually be many, many threads about the Kardashians on this forum. I've merged them as much as I can but we just can't stop talking about them!
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
        FOR THE LAST TIME, Kardashians are not Armenian!!!! Why cant people get that into their heads!!

First off, if we are talking about blood they are only 1/4, second of all they have grown up in a American household with american values, third they know absolutely nothing about armenian culture or armenia. They are not Armenian! They are just some American prostitutes glorified by the West because w-hores like them have great respect in America. They have nothing to do with us, they are just American scum.
        Absolutely agreed. First of all nothing about them resembles an Armenian. They are talentless w-hores, and I rather have Armenians not be known by the general public than be known because of such embarrassing representatives. They make tens of millions of dollars every year that they have not earned, and how much of that has ever been donated to an armenian cause? I doubt they have any idea what the Armenian culture is like, what actual Armenian live like, what the Armenian struggle and cause is. The best thing they can do for Armenians who stop referring to themselves as Armenians.

Second of all, just because these people are not known in America's Hollywood and self obsessed culture, does not mean they are not known around the world. Charles Aznavour was selected as the entertainer of the 20th century by a CNN global poll, and yes that means ahead of the greats like John Lennon and Bob Dylan ( http://www.rfimusic.com/artist/chans...vour/biography ). Aznavour is a real Armenian. He is a man who has given so much to Armenians. His organization has donated over $150 million to Armenia. He has been given the honor of an Armenian Hero, and has been chosen as a representative of Armenia. I would argue globally he is much Much better known than the Kardashians. Same goes for Krikorian who has donated hundreds of millions to Armenian causes. That is a man who should be considered an Armenian. Just cause men like Aznavour, Krikorian, Kevorkian, and Agassi are not known or remembered in Americas "I want it now, what new" culture, does not mean they should not be considered important and famous, and does not mean they are not remembered around the world.
        Last edited by Mher; 09-22-2011, 02:16 PM.

Comment

When people talk about other people or put them down that means that they are jealous of them
          if the Kardashians piss you off so much, why do you even bother to reply?
          Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
            When people talk about other people or put them down that means that they are jealous of them
            if the Kardashians piss you off so much, why do you even bother to reply?
            because we need to make the point and let off a little steam.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

How did I know MOS would respond LOL

ya but you have made the point on every thread that has to do with the Kardashians as if they care what you write about them or not, trust me they can't care less.
              Last edited by Siggie; 09-23-2011, 06:31 AM. Reason: CAN'T care less. If they can care less, why don't they? That would mean they care more than the minimum or none at all
              Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

There are other reasons to dislike someone than jealousy. That's a really narrow view.

Guys, I think Pepsi has had personal interaction(s) with Kardashian family members and has found them to be nice or whatever. So, he's having a hard time bashing people he's actually met and interacted with which I don't think should be surprising to us. I think we'd all have a hard time doing that...At least I'd hope so.

Pepsi, while you like them and they may be nice and all, can you understand the viewpoint of their non-supporters?

I think it would be helpful to take a moment and try to appreciate the opposing viewpoint. Then maybe there could be more productive discussion?
                [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
                  How did I know MOS would respond LOL

ya but you have made the point on every thread that has to do with the Kardashians as if they care what you write about them or not, trust me they can't care less.
                  I could care if the read my writings or not, though I have my doubts that they have the cognitive ability to read. I make these points often for fellow Armenian members, some of which are to clueless to understand the harm and idioicy that comes from the "Kardashians" and the fact that they exploit the Armenian label, to which they have no right to, in order to further themselves in their prostitute endeavours.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

I have to agree with Mos on this.

Pepsi, it's the principle of the darn thing. I don't know about the other members of her family, but she does exploit her Armenian roots without as much as expressing any curiosity towards learning more about them... It's disgusting. I remember seeing some interview she had given for a print magazine, and when asked about her "curves", said something to the effect of how much she loved being Armenian because Armenan women had big breasts! In the same interview, she said she'd like to visit Armenia some day, but when pressed further, was veeeery noncommittal about the whole thing. Mos is right, she is exploiting it. The whole thing makes my blood boil, especially how little having even that fraction of Armenian blood means to her. When you consider what our people and even some of our own families have gone through and still go through every day to maintain the right to call ourselves Armenians, her exploitation is all the more insulting. It's like she's spitting in your face and walking away laughing. Any Armenian guy would and should react the way Mos is reacting in this case. Him being rough around the edges and expressing that kind of anger is actually appropriate to this situation.

But.... I still don't think that she's worth even this slight bit of conversation. My suggestion to admin/mods would be to just shut down this/similar threads. She just shouldn't be given this much attention, period.
                    Last edited by LadyLazarus; 09-23-2011, 08:35 AM.

Comment

If their family name was never mentioned on this forum again, I would be all too pleased. If I delete this thread though, 20 more will be created in its place. Naive Armenians love to talk about them as if they're bringing recognition and positive attention to Armenians everywhere by virtue of possessing an Armenian surname or strategic mention of "their" heritage.
                      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                      X