Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Add the kardashians to the famous Armenian section's description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Add the kardashians to the famous Armenian section's description

Blood doesn't matter, 1/4, 1/8, 1/2, being Armenian is more than that. I think you guys should just relax, this is not the end of our world nor a danger to our society. We have more important things to think about. Let her do what she wants, if she sees herself as an "Armenian", good for her. I don't want to break your hearts, but half the Armenian girls I know in The Netherlands have been with blacks and arabs. This is what happens if you live in a foreign country, this is what we call assimilation and "integration". And now, one of those assimilated Armenian girls has become famous, and everybody is attacking her. Look around you! There are a lot of Kim Kardashians around us.

Furthermore, don't let emotions lead you. Israel has even used jewish prostitutes (xxxxs) for the struggle against Arabs, the story is quite wonderful I must say and genius (she had a whore house filled with camera's, where high-ranking Arab officials came, after that Israel demanded some things, or else...)
    Last edited by Tigranakert; 02-22-2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
      I think you guys should just relax, this is not the end of our world nor a danger to our society.

We have more important things to think about.

Let her do what she wants, if she sees herself as an "Armenian", good for her.

I don't want to break your hearts, but half the Armenian girls I know in The Netherlands have been with blacks and arabs.

This is what happens if you live in a foreign country, this is what we call assimilation and "integration".

And now, one of those assimilated Armenian girls has become famous, and everybody is attacking her.

Look around you! There are a lot of Kim Kardashians around us.
      Unfortunately the reality is slightly different.

Assimilation is the "slow death" of the nation.
      No different than the deaths of our soldiers in Karabagh but this time there is not even a "cause".

Assimilation is a process.
      It happens in one or two generations.
      It is very easy to see but unfortunately because we are too “civilised” we do not comment when we see it.
      Certainly we do not criticize.

I can see two ways this happen ( for the diaspora Armenian ) .

Either a married couple ( both Armenian ) do not care how their kids are growing up and is not an issue if they loose their identity.
      Although we “count” them as Armenian in fact THEY ARE NOT.
      There is no “belonging to the nation “ within them.

The other way is although the parents do their utmost to bring their offspring as an Armenian,
      the offspring when he realises he is “grown up” and he can lead his own life decides to marry a non Armenian.

He/She “THINKS” it does not compromise “HIS/HER” Armeniannes by marrying a non Armenian.
      Its a classic sinking boat, with a large hole in it.

The chances of the next generation having any commitment to “carry the flag” is simply is not there.

In the case of the Kardashians their father was of the second category.
      Married a non Armenian, whose off springs grew up without the “leadership” of the parents and became a drop in the “sea” called the US.

Yes we “cannot blame them” but surely it was somebody's fault.

Why didn’t society identify during this whole process say, “DO YOU REALISE WHAT YOU REALLY ARE DOING?”
      Of coarse we don’t. We are too “civilised “ for that.
      Last edited by londontsi; 02-22-2011, 05:17 PM.
      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
        Blood doesn't matter, 1/4, 1/8, 1/2, being Armenian is more than that. I think you guys should just relax, this is not the end of our world nor a danger to our society. We have more important things to think about. Let her do what she wants, if she sees herself as an "Armenian", good for her. I don't want to break your hearts, but half the Armenian girls I know in The Netherlands have been with blacks and arabs. This is what happens if you live in a foreign country, this is what we call assimilation and "integration". And now, one of those assimilated Armenian girls has become famous, and everybody is attacking her. Look around you! There are a lot of Kim Kardashians around us.

Furthermore, don't let emotions lead you. Israel has even used jewish prostitutes (xxxxs) for the struggle against Arabs, the story is quite wonderful I must say and genius (she had a whore house filled with camera's, where high-ranking Arab officials came, after that Israel demanded some things, or else...)
        Agree. I'm only half Armenian (one quarter Italian and one quarter Greek) but love all things Armenian and support the cause 100%. I know several Armenians of varying degrees of Armenian % and most if not all of them attend Armenian church, speak Armenians, support causes related to Armenians, etc.
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
          Agree. .
          Well if you read what was said by Tigranakert and what you have written AFTER your statement that you “agree” in fact you are disagreeing.

He is talking about assimilation and “integration” yet you are bringing examples to the opposite.

Incidentally my greatest respect for that.

I'm only half Armenian (one quarter Italian and one quarter Greek) but love all things Armenian and support the cause 100%. I know several Armenians of varying degrees of Armenian % and most if not all of them attend Armenian church, speak Armenians, support causes related to Armenians, etc.
          Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
          Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
            Well if you read what was said by Tigranakert and what you have written AFTER your statement that you “agree” in fact you are disagreeing.

He is talking about assimilation and “integration” yet you are bringing examples to the opposite.

Incidentally my greatest respect for that.
            My point (which was not very clear, my apologies) is that you can do both, be Armenian and integrate into your host nation.
            General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

My point (which was not very clear, my apologies) is that you can do both, be Armenian and integrate into your host nation.
              To me integrate is similar to what Vartan Mamigonian did.
              Pretend you are one of them but within you always know that you are not.

Assimilate means you loose all trace of your Armeniannes.
              Your descendants will not inherit their right to be Armenian.

Comment

Assimilation is the greatest enemy for Armenia. That's the problem with having a large diaspora. Children grow up wanting to look, think, and talk like others around them, and thus forfeit their armenian identity for where ever they live. This is especially true in the West like US or Europe, though in Russia I would say assimilation is less of a case for Armenians. The burden lies on the parents really, so it's their fault if they children are ignorant of their Armenian identity.

What really makes me mad is whenever some refers to Kardashian as Armenian. Having Armenian last name or some Armenian blood doesn't necessarily make you Armenian!!! That's all symbolic, what matters is your own recognition of your identity, you knowledge of it, your connection to Armenia. With that you can relate to other Armenians, you can feel Armenian. Having Armenian last name or even blood doesn't make you feel closer to Armenians or Armenia. If I adopted Chinese last name tomorrow and found out my grandfather was Chinese, I would never feel close to Chinese or believe that I belong to the group, it's all useless symbolism.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
                  To me integrate is similar to what Vartan Mamigonian did.
                  Pretend you are one of them but within you always know that you are not.
                  Exactly, basically you're supposed to be an Armenian agent. The reason a lot of girls in the diaspora are like Kim K is because they have rejected being Armenian.
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

A couple things...

#1) Integration for a couple generations doesn't completely destroy a culture. If you notice, the further a generation gets from its "roots," the more they want to get back in touch with their "roots." *That precisely how ancestry.com is making so much money: feeding off of that desire. There's a joke around in the US about how there's a major thing about "being black": "If there's a drop of it in you somewhere, and you act/talk black, YOU BLACK B!TCH!!"

#2) The Kardashians at the most basic definition are Armenian. When it comes to blood, they are (to be more technical) "part Armenian." Now, whether they have Armenian SELF-IDENTITY is another matter. Though the Kardashians are famous for their bodies instead of their culture, there is no real way of knowing how "Armenian" they feel they are.
                    Last edited by Tali; 02-22-2011, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tali View Post
                      A couple things...

#1) Integration for a couple generations doesn't completely destroy a culture. If you notice, the further a generation gets from its "roots," the more they want to get back in touch with their "roots." *That precisely how ancestry.com is making so much money: feeding off of that desire. There's a joke around in the US about how there's a major thing about "being black": "If there's a drop of it in you somewhere, and you act/talk black, YOU BLACK B!TCH!!"
                      Wrong, blacks in America have absolutely NO CONNECTION to their African roots emotionally or culturally. The majority don't even know what part of Africa they are from.

Originally posted by Tali View Post
                      #2) The Kardashians at the most basic definition are Armenian. When it comes to blood, they are (to be more technical) "part Armenian." Now, where they have Armenian SELF-IDENTITY is another matter. Though the Kardashians are famous for their bodies instead of their culture, there is no real way of knowing how "Armenian" they feel they are.
                      They feel so Armenian that they feel the need to insult the culture repeatedly. They are beyond trash and an embarrassment to any society let alone Armenian. They are NOT ARMENIAN.
                      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Working...
                      X