Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Andre Agassi, not Armenian!???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Andre Agassi, not Armenian!???

all agassi posts should be banned and his name in *****

when asked if he was armenian he said dont make fun of me or something similar to that.

Comment

I have him on VCR saying I'm Armenian, and how Armenians help each other, he mentions also how Mr. Kirk Kirkorian helped his father by giving him a job. So please stop this nonsense.

Comment

was that when he was 14?

Comment

Originally posted by Ari
          was that when he was 14?
          The video is called "The Armenian Americans" it was made I think in year 2000

In case you're interested:

Comment

ok great thanks for that

but it still doesnt change the fact he said he wasnt armenian at one stage

Comment

As everybody claims to know him and has met him or his father(Emmanuel) in person! I ‘ve been in touch with his father’s relatives in Iran so I’m sure that he is Armenian. To our Assyrian friend who claims aghassi or aghassian is not Armenian I’d like to assure him that it is, as I know some Iranian- Armenians (with no other extractions) whose familyname is aghassi.

Ps: his father grew up in an area in Tehran largely populated by armenians (if u’d like I’ll tell u where)

To our Assyrian friend ; u’d better worry about the situation of Assyrians in Iran who convert to islam by marrying our muslim iranian friends and unfortunately forget their beautiful ancient language and have completely lost their identity , honestly that worries me too . but somehow I agree with Vachagan , all the fame and pride remains for Americans.

Comment

Hey whats going everybody. I'm an Assyrian born in the states, and I have a great deal of respect for the Armenian people. I have many friends that are "half-n-half" with Assyrian and full Armenian that know how to speak Assyrian and even share the same foods. This shows how close we are culturally since we "gave and took" from each other, having a common bond being Christians surrounded by rabid Muslims like Kurds, Turks, and some Arabs.

As far as Agassi being Assyrian or Armenian, I believe someone earlier in the thread said it best---whatever ethnicity he is, it really doesn't matter, as he isn't particularly active in any of those respective communities. I think Assyrians like to take pride in him (I sure dont) because they want something to hang their hat on, since we are a country-less people today reduced to Kurdish Gypsy status. Thanks a lot Bush for "liberating the people". Aree goo teezokh you didnt liberate jack lol.

Back to the topic at hand. Andre Agassi's father, is an Assyrian. But he is also Armenian. Shocked? We shouldn't be---after all, our people have intermarried for a long time. Assyrians' claim that Agassi's dad is active in Assyrian community is true. The thing is, usually (and I dont mean all the time here) when your father is a certain ethnicity you tend to follow that one especially if your home is still intact. Emmanuel Agassis father was Assyrian and mother Armenian this much is 100% fact. There is another prominent "mix" of Assyrian/Armenians with Anna Esho (Assyrian last name again) who's a congress woman. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Eshoo

So what's the conclusion? Andre Agassi isn't even half of either nationality! Andre is 25% Assyrian, 25% Armenian and 50% "American".

Last thing, it is possible for an Assyrian name to be Armenicized such as Agassian, since we have exchanged with each other for so long (since BC times with Urartu). But to put that in perspective, the present day Assyrian name "Sargis" (Greek version of Assyrian "Sargon" which in turn is an English translated version of "Sharrukin") is also used by Armenians with "Sarkis".

PS, I hope Armenians get a lot of their land back from those Turkeys, I hope we get land one day as well. Also, doesn't it suck that we both are NON-Asian people but our lands are considered in "ASIA". MEH. Peace out folks!

Comment

Next thing were gonna hear is Charles Aznavour is not Armenian either.It really annoys me when i see ppl getting out of their way and try to prove something wrong with bogus information.Agassi is Armenian and everyone knows it,unless ur ignorant.end of discussion!

Comment

Like Ark said Agassi's dad is an Iranian who grew up in a part of Tehran heavily populated by Armenians so hes probably of Armenian ancestory. Agassi's talked about Iran often and has said he wishes to go there.

Comment

lol, this is ridiculous. Agassi is from Armenian ancestory, I have a close (Armenian) friend who's heavily into tennis and has practiced/met with Agassi several times. They talked about it, and he's Armenian.

Comment

Working...
                      X