Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

gor blimey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: gor blimey

Originally posted by Siamanto View Post
    LOL Are you simply confused or trying to confuse the situation? How is it different from what I repeated many times i.e.
    "You're simply confusing your subjective appreciation of the usage of an expression (i.e. semantics) and well defined grammatical rules (i.e. syntax?)"

I see that your focusing - and/or reading - skills did not improve??? s

First of all, where does it say that "աշխատում էի" is the continuous form/aspect? ""աշխատում էի" is the "past imperfective."
    Second of all, the continuous form is an aspect and has nothing to do with a tense. Again, I think that you're just confusing different grammatical concepts.
    Most of all, the Section 148 that you have quoted [b] clearly confirms what I suspect i.e.
    "You're simply confusing your subjective appreciation of the usage of an expression (i.e. semantics) and well defined grammatical rules (i.e. syntax?)"

Not only you are obviously making assumptions but also confusing yourself and complicating this matter.

To repeat myself; the continuous aspect does not exist in all tenses in Armenian but it does exist in the past tense. The aspect is simply our perspective on the time/ duration that an action/event occurs, now it could be continuous ( past or present) like the given example ( "աշխատում էի").
    Գրում էի/ Գրեցի -- Գրում էիր /Գրեցիր ...the difference between the two is simply a difference of aspect which indicates our perspective on the duration of the event. ( The act of writing or working- for instance- is a temporary ( or permanant) state but in progress in the past, and this is its aspect)
    So the past continuous aspect exists in Armenian.

I suggest you use your own logic and knowledge of Armenian language instead of relying solely on a single web document which has apparantly some shortcomings.

I think that you're totally confused; " I was working" is just an approximate translation based on semantics....
    What did you expect? Translations, in general, are more or less, all about 'approximation'. Though the issue here is 'not' exactly the translation but I don't see how else you want to translate that?

LOL Are you rewriting the Armenian Grammar as it fits you? The following suggests that the a consonant does not require an "a 'ը' and then a space."
    LOL, what?? I neither rewrite the Armenian Grammar nor invent anything. It is a very basic rule in (Eastern) Armenian Grammar. This is another mistake in this site.
    ( The newspaper I just checked confirms that. A few examples found there: Տեղի կունենայ / Կը նկատւի )

Also, though the existence of a Web document may not be enough to verify, but it gives an indication. Please produce a single Web document where "Ես կ'քայլ եմ" - or "Ես կ'քայլեմ" - is considered as Armenian. However, you will find documents with "Ես կքայլեմ."

Is this your way of staying "focused"?? When have I said the above is "correct" in Armenian??? I suggest you read more carefully.

For the record: The second error is the space between "քայլ" and "եմ."

No, there shouldn't be a space. (And I haven't said otherwise.)

The situation is not the same: I have explained that it was a typo; furthermore, the focus was the mode of the verb, not the spelling.
    I'm sorry to say that you constantly make nonsensical statements that could be easily verified and avoided!

The difference is that I have the honesty to admit my errors; while you ad infiitum complicate and confuse the situation, as if you were unable of Intellectual Integrity???
    Whatever explains your unwillingness - or incapacity - to face the facts, it results in a waste of time.

I have not said otherwise ( on my mistake). But the 'difference' would be if you put aside your - sometimes- judgmental, self-righteous attitude, then your perception may as well change.

LOL So limiting oneself to what does not matter in the context while ignoring what is being debated is "focusing???" I like your "sense of humor!" Also, how does it "lead to confusion as clearly it is a switch to Western Armenian where [it is] Քալելու եմ???"

How?? Are you serious?? Wasn't it you who said "Քալելու եմ" is Western Armenian?

Where is the "mistake?" I really suggest that you give a chance to the idea of checking and reading carefully!

Section 151 covers the Past imperfective i.e. "լսում էի." The Past perfect tense i.e. "լսեցի" is covered is Section 161.
    I'm sorry but the difference is basic in any grammar!

"Լսում էի" means exclusively "I was listening" not "I listened". As for "I was working", they had apparently suggested in section 148, "աշխատում էի".

Originally posted by zourna View Post
    Get well soon by the way, Lucin
    I'm fine, thanks. I'm not a Jhud after all...
    Last edited by Lucin; 01-28-2008, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
      «Լա՜ւ» : Չէ բայց անտանելի ցուրտ էր էս տարի էստեղ, ուժեղ մրսել եմ, մատս էլ «կոտրել» եմ: Ուղղակի տրամադրութիւն էլ չունէի…
      Շնորհակալ եմ ուշադրութիւնիցդ:
      Այո քույրիկ, լսել եմ որ այդ շրջանները այս տարի շատ ցուրտ էր: Ասում են Հայաստանում էլ սոսկալի ցուրտ եր այս տարի: Բայց մատըդ ինչպես՞ ես կոտորել, ընկար՞: Համենայն դեպս անցաձ լինի: Եւ տեսնում եմ որ տրամադրութիւնդ արդեն լաւացել է: Ուրախ եմ որ մեր հետ ես նորից: Եւ տեսնում եմ որ ցեխին դեռ քար ես գցում: Իմիջայլոց, երբ ես Womble-ին գրումէի Հայկական գրականության մասին փորձումէի բաժանել նշված բարերն որպեսզի նա կարողանա բարի կառուցւացքը տեսնել: Բայց մի խոսքով լաւ չստացէց. նաեւ ասեմ որ Հայերենս այդքան ել լաւ չէ, դժբախտաբար: Հայերեն կրթութիւն երբեք չեմ ստացել. «ինքնուս» եմ: Կուցէ, նրա համար առիթից օգտվելով միշդ քեզ հետ Հայերենով եմ զրուցում:
      Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think this website would be able to help Armenians from the Middle East to better understand how to properly construct sentences in Armenian http://www.voiceofvan.net/html/hayer...t_khosink.html
        Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
          Իմիջայլոց, երբ ես Womble-ին գրումէի Հայկական գրականության մասին փորձումէի բաժանել նշված բարերն որպեսզի նա կարողանա բարի կառուցւացքը տեսնել: Բայց մի խոսքով լաւ չստացէց. նաեւ ասեմ որ Հայերենս այդքան ել լաւ չէ, դժբախտաբար: Հայերեն կրթութիւն երբեք չեմ ստացել. «ինքնուս» եմ: Կուցէ, նրա համար առիթից օգտվելով միշդ քեզ հետ Հայերենով եմ զրուցում:

Իսկապէ՞ս: Չէի կարողանալ ասել դա... ինչքան որ խոսացելենք, նկատելեմ որ բառապաշարդ լայն է (նաեւ նկատել եմ երկու բառբառներով ես խոսում) բայց Հայերէնի ուղղագրութիւնը, յատկապէս Մաշտոցեանը, մի քիչ դժւար է ու մանրակրկիտ: Համենայնդէպս, անձամբ, տասներկու տարի հայկական դպրոց եմ յաճախել , շաբաթական մոտ 2-3 ժամ հայերէն ու կրօն ենք սովորել, դրանով հանդերց, տեսնում ե՞ս էլը Պարսկահաւերս ինչպէ՞ս ենք խոսում: (չէ կը ներես, երգում ենք )

Կուցէ, նրա համար առիթից օգտվելով միշդ քեզ հետ Հայերենով եմ զրուցում:
          Ոչ թէ յաճոյք եմ ստանում որ հետս Հայերէն ես խոսում (ու լաւ փորձ է ինձ համար քանի որ լաւ Հայերէն խոսող շուրջս չկայ,) այլ նայեւ անձին աւելի մոտ եմ զգում:

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
          I think this website would be able to help Armenians from the Middle East to better understand how to properly construct sentences in Armenian http://www.voiceofvan.net/html/hayer...t_khosink.html
          Ինչու՞ ես ծիծաղում: Սրանով ես մի քիչ Արեւմտահայերէն կը սովորեմ:
          Last edited by Lucin; 01-29-2008, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
            Not only you are obviously making assumptions but also confusing yourself and complicating this matter.

To repeat myself; the continuous aspect does not exist in all tenses in Armenian but it does exist in the past tense. The aspect is simply our perspective on the time/ duration that an action/event occurs, now it could be continuous ( past or present) like the given example ( "աշխատում էի").
            Գրում էի/ Գրեցի -- Գրում էիր /Գրեցիր ...the difference between the two is simply a difference of aspect which indicates our perspective on the duration of the event. ( The act of writing or working- for instance- is a temporary ( or permanant) state but in progress in the past, and this is its aspect)
            So the past continuous aspect exists in Armenian.

I suggest you use your own logic and knowledge of Armenian language instead of relying solely on a single web document which has apparantly some shortcomings.

What did you expect? Translations, in general, are more or less, all about 'approximation'. Though the issue here is 'not' exactly the translation but I don't see how else you want to translate that?

LOL, what?? I neither rewrite the Armenian Grammar nor invent anything. It is a very basic rule in (Eastern) Armenian Grammar. This is another mistake in this site.
            ( The newspaper I just checked confirms that. A few examples found there: Տեղի կունենայ / Կը նկատւի )

Is this your way of staying "focused"?? When have I said the above is "correct" in Armenian??? I suggest you read more carefully.

No, there shouldn't be a space. (And I haven't said otherwise.)

I have not said otherwise ( on my mistake). But the 'difference' would be if you put aside your - sometimes- judgmental, self-righteous attitude, then your perception may as well change.

How?? Are you serious?? Wasn't it you who said "Քալելու եմ" is Western Armenian?

"Լսում էի" means exclusively "I was listening" not "I listened". As for "I was working", they had apparently suggested in section 148, "աշխատում էի".

I'm fine, thanks. I'm not a Jhud after all...

Unfortunately, I'm out of "time to be wasted," so let's meet again later...much later...when you'll get an adequate understanding of semantics, syntax, grammatical concepts...and of course, some notion of logic may also help in discussions of this nature.
            What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm out of "time to be wasted," so let's meet again later...much later...when you'll get an adequate understanding of semantics, syntax, grammatical concepts...and of course, some notion of logic may also help in discussions of this nature.

I agree. Provided that, in the meantime, you go and improve your miserable understanding/ knowledge of Armenian Grammar and Language in general..
              Good luck!
              Last edited by Lucin; 02-02-2008, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X