Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Tolerance in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tolerance in Armenia

In the meantime, here is what the RA thinks of Homosexuality in Armenia

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      interraccial marriage in armenia? you got to be kidding me? Just thinking of an interracial marriage between an armenian makes me sick. Armenians should remain pure and marry other armenians, that is a must!! How would you like to raise a child with armenian values and have it go marry another race or nationality. Look at US its like a soup of every race and nationality mixed into one. Its mixed enough that people with armenian last names might not even know they are armenian or not have any knowledge of the language or not be armenian orthodox..
      Well I'm not saying we should all go marry outside the race, but I'm just saying why do most Armenians have to be so against it? I mean you say our race is pure, well it's not our ancestors were not one pure race, plus we have been conquered by everybody, many Armenians today have, European, Arab, mongol, Turkic, and etc blood in their veins.

Are you honestly telling me that if some armenian marries an African, an Ethiopian orthodox lets say, and they raise their kid Armenian & Ethiopian, knows all the history and languages and all, of both countries, that that kid is less armenian than someone who's of "pure" heritage here in the USA, that speaks broken incorrect armenian if he/she speaks it at all, their only knowledge of armenian history is the genocide?

p.s. you don't have to belong to the Armenian Apostolic church to be armenian or a christian, I'm pretty sure all those catholic and protestant Armenians are just as armenian as you

Comment

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
        Well I'm not saying we should all go marry outside the race, but I'm just saying why do most Armenians have to be so against it?
        Ummm because we are only 8 million in the world of which only 3 million live in Armenia. That's more than half of our entire people that is under direct threat of being lost forever. We don't want to speed things up, we want to slow the process of assimilation down. Use common sense, I am not supposed to be giving you these facts and figures.
        Are you honestly telling me that if some armenian marries an African, an Ethiopian orthodox lets say, and they raise their kid Armenian & Ethiopian, knows all the history and languages and all, of both countries
        There is a chance the kid will be raised Armenian. But there is a bigger chance the kid will not be raised Armenian. And our numbers dwindle...

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
          There is a chance the kid will be raised Armenian. But there is a bigger chance the kid will not be raised Armenian. And our numbers dwindle...
          our numbers dwindle b/c people have to leave Armenia to go find work b/c the economy sucks and wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for the diaspora and all the money they send or get the gov of the country to live in to send, also i have 3 cousins in Germany who are all half German and don't have an armenian last name, yet they speak armenian as well as 3-5 other languages, better than me and half the people in Armenia, and know more about Armenian history than i do and have done tings for the armo community in Germany so it's not such a bad thing. And if armos never married outside the race Princess Diana(1/64th armenian) would have never been born so good can come of it

Comment

our numbers dwindle b/c people have to leave Armenia to go find work b/c the economy sucks and wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for the diaspora and all the money they send or get the gov of the country to live in to send, also i have 3 cousins in Germany who are all half German and don't have an armenian last name, yet they speak armenian as well as 3-5 other languages, better than me and half the people in Armenia, and know more about Armenian history than i do and have done tings for the armo community in Germany so it's not such a bad thing. And if armos never married outside the race Princess Diana(1/64th armenian) would have never been born so good can come of it
            The diaspora existed long before Armenia became independent. Yes, the economy sucks which makes people want to leave for work so you are going to encourage these people to further isolate themselves by marrying otars? We can't stop this process but we can surely not encourage it! You not seeing what's so "wrong" about it is what I want you to see.

As for your personal experiences, well good then, as I said there is a chance the kid will be raised Armenian but there is a bigger one that he won't. Your culture is not something anyone should be gambling with. And now that you realize that your half-Armenian cousins are more active in Armenian-related stuff, maybe you should start following their example.

Comment

And if armos never married outside the race Princess Diana(1/64th armenian) would have never been born so good can come of it

haha, are you serious? If we are going to count people with that little Armenian blood then half the population of europe can be claimed as being "part" Armenian.

As for you cousins, to tell you the truth I don't believe a word of what you said, but either way it doesn't matter, what does is for you to actually work to better Armenia in any way that you can, especially if you half Armenian cousins are doing more than you. That alone says more about you than your cousins.
              For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
              to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
                haha, are you serious? If we are going to count people with that little Armenian blood then half the population of europe can be claimed as being "part" Armenian.

As for you cousins, to tell you the truth I don't believe a word of what you said, but either way it doesn't matter, what does is for you to actually work to better Armenia in any way that you can, especially if you half Armenian cousins are doing more than you. That alone says more about you than your cousins.
                princess Di thing was a joke, though apparently not a very good one. Don't believe me if you don't want about my cousins but they actually are that intelligent. And although i said they do things for the armo community in Germany i never said i didn't here. I helped get all the Armenians and neighbors in my community to actually call their congressmen to vote for the genocide resolution when it was up last and actually got 2 in our area, i only brought up my cousins to say that the culture doesn't always get lost and that even if it doesn't their are still semi Armenians who do more the "full blooded armenians." Carla Garapedian who directed screamers doesn't even speak armenian, for example

Comment

princess Di thing was a joke, though apparently not a very good one. Don't believe me if you don't want about my cousins but they actually are that intelligent. And although i said they do things for the armo community in Germany i never said i didn't here. I helped get all the Armenians and neighbors in my community to actually call their congressmen to vote for the genocide resolution when it was up last and actually got 2 in our area, i only brought up my cousins to say that the culture doesn't always get lost and that even if it doesn't their are still semi Armenians who do more the "full blooded armenians." Carla Garapedian who directed screamers doesn't even speak armenian, for example
                  Is pushing for the genocide resolution the only thing diasporans should concern themselves with, in your opinion?

Comment

Just a quick comment about the gay thing:

Even in societies where gays are free to be open, their population never exceeds a few percent. Being gay is not a choice -- its genetics. If you "chose" to be straight, then you're wierd and should probably get some psychological counseling. Only someone who is unsure of their sexual orientation would assume that having gays in society would turn other people into gays. Thats not how it works, and we know better, we're not 10 years old here.

Plus, gays are useful for adopting children and giving them a chance at an education and to get somewhere in life. Especially in Armenia where there are lots of orphans, a few gays wouldn't hurt.

I don't care about whether they can have parades and all that crap -- you can still keep those things illegal. But what you do in your own home, and the relationships you choose to have, is your business. You won't see me preaching that cigarettes should be illegal, even though they kill tons of people a year and make the country's medical spending a lot higher than it should be. And thats money we can use on building infrastructure, military, etc. Not to mention that if everyone saves their cigarette money, it will be easier to send their kids to school and build a better society in general.

But oh, these evil gays with their anal sex... now thats a national security threat.

Comment

weird that you're encouraging the human race to die out, especially the already small population of armenia

Comment

Working...
                      X