Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Tolerance in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tolerance in Armenia

So I've read some articles that on things like interracial marriage, and homosexuality, that say while Armenia isn't back in the dark ages, that we are some what intolerant, and that many Armenians would disapprove of an interracial marriage especially when the "odar" is black, and when it is an Armenian woman marrying outside the race, and that while homosexuality is decriminalized, it's majorly frowned upon so much that on the news or some TV program they said "unfortunately the # of homosexuals are rising." For a people who were victims of persecution through ignorance and intolerance, we sure seem to be ignorant and intolerant

Re: Tolerance in Armenia

Get lost
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Armenians in Armenia SHOULD marry in their own race and Armenians outside of Armenia should do their best to marry in their own race.

About homosexuality... i hate gays, im being honest i really do.

Comment

Well Armenians in Armenia marry there own race because there all Armenians lol. about the homosexuality thing bro I totally agree thats just sick.
        Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

my father when he was a teacher in armenia like 20 years ago told me a story of how he brought this black guy who wrote some book he was teaching to lecture his class and at that time for most of these students it was the first time they had ever seen a black guy so they were scared to shake his hand and those who did were washing them.

In America, black people got the same treatment when they were imported as slaves, like they were aliens...with all these scientific studies going on to try to prove they were inferior and more like an advanced monkey than human.

obviously things have moved on in the usa as people got used to them and saw they had the same intellectual capability, just a whole different culture.

in armenia people are STILL not used to black guys and kind of dont know what to make of them so they automatically thnk of them as inferior. im not saying this is right but its just how it is.

so obviously why would you let members of your family: your sisters, your cousins, your daughters marry a person you are really confused about and dont know where hes coming from and that you think is inferior.

I think thats how they see it anyway

My argument against it is only the cultural side...the cultures/mindset are so incredibely far apart that it would be difficult to mesh with eachother and bring up your children as well rounded individuals. In America there is no distinct culture so the black americans are on par with the average white american so its just a matter of their social class etc. Obviously Armenians still like to hang on to their culture in America but are finding it harder and harder to do so as they learn to identify black and white AMERICAN guys on par generally

so in america theres not really that fear of it anymore and more armenian women are going with black american guys. (pissing on the old cultural values imported from armenia by the armenian comunity)

Yea in Armenia theyre still seen as aliens of sorts.

I think White guys like Americans, Russians or British etc are generally accepted in Armenia for marriages.

As for the gay thing...yep that is messed up anyway so it's good that people still look down on that sick xxxx in Armenia because thats what xxxxs up society - the natural man and women roles become reversed and women suddenly have all the power and there's no values anymore. I don't think that's happening in Armenia anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
            Get lost
            Please refrain from trolling and childish insults. This is a warning to you Armanen. I don't have to keep telling you this.

If you don't agree with what the poster says, respond with your reasons and explain yourself. Don't troll.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by xcelr8Armo View Post
              Armenians in Armenia SHOULD marry in their own race and Armenians outside of Armenia should do their best to marry in their own race.

About homosexuality... i hate gays, im being honest i really do.
              Hate? I don't get it. Why "hate"? I can more understand being repulsed by homosexual activity but why hate the people? It doesn't make sense. That would be like my hating rhinos because they have sex with other rhinos and the thought of rhino sex is nasty to me. So I don't want to have sex with a rhino and I don't want to watch them doing it either. Fine. I still won't hate them.

And, no, it's not different. The only difference is religious leaders don't talk about rhino sex and being a closet rhino banger is probably extremely rare. Only two explanations exist for certain peoples' hatred for homosexuals: (1) either they are secretly homosexual, or (2) their minds have been raped by religion. There really is no alternative because there is no logical reason to hate people strictly for their genetic make-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Stark Evade View Post
                Hate? I don't get it. Why "hate"? I can more understand being repulsed by homosexual activity but why hate the people? It doesn't make sense. That would be like my hating rhinos because they have sex with other rhinos and the thought of rhino sex is nasty to me. So I don't want to have sex with a rhino and I don't want to watch them doing it either. Fine. I still won't hate them.

And, no, it's not different. The only difference is religious leaders don't talk about rhino sex and being a closet rhino banger is probably extremely rare. Only two explanations exist for certain peoples' hatred for homosexuals: (1) either they are secretly homosexual, or (2) their minds have been raped by religion. There really is no alternative because there is no logical reason to hate people strictly for their genetic make-up.
                Quoted for truth.

Although I will say that I hate homosexuals from NAMBLA.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
                  Quoted for truth.

Although I will say that I hate homosexuals from NAMBLA.
                  I had to look up what NAMBLA was ... shiit, goes back from where it came at NAMBLA.

"The North American Man/Boy Love Association"
                  Last edited by Azad; 08-19-2008, 02:48 PM.

Comment

I though NAMBLA stood for the "National Association of Marlon Brando Look Alikes"

Comment

Working...
                    X