Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are Armenians white????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Are Armenians white????

Originally posted by bakothegreat View Post
    Armenians did not migrate into the Armenian Highlands from India as Georgian and Azeri propoganda would have you believe. We are native to the land and settled their first, after the flood, or whatever you believe regardless were native to the land.
    Bako, Eddo was just joking, teasing Georgian/Azeri propaganda...

Thanks Eddo for welcoming

Comment

Originally posted by bakothegreat View Post
      Why do I get the feeling that you are not full Armenian, that is good you fight for the Armenian cause, but if you come here to deny Armenian genetics you can leave, because we aren't here to exclude those who don't fit the majority, we are simply trying to clarify that Armenians are genetically of the same stock of (European/White/Aryan/Indo-European) Whatever you want to call it. What did you think your semitic or something? I mean our history only says we are descendants of Japheth, we have claimed that forever, and you are fighting this enlightenment? This is a serious issue, and from your response I can tell that you think that it has made a difference so instead of creating internal conflict we should unify to help each other. No one cares that your grandmother was Assyrian, we aren't here to point that out. Were here for the majority, Armenia is not a place where we are liberal and minorities have more rights and opress the majority, no we are not and I refuse to accept that ideology, and your are indirectly inferring that through your argument. Call us biased, call us racists, call us what you want, but let me tell you something, Genetics and Culture are directly interlinked through language and environment. Now use your Armenian brain to draw some conclusions so I don't have to keep writing extensive posts about this topic.
      All I'm saying is that it's silly to divide ethnic groups on the basis of DNA. After-all, by DNA we are closest to our neighbours which include the Turks and Azeris? Does that make us close to them as a people? Absolutely not, what divides us from them, and what divides every ethnic groups is culture, if it wasn't for our Church and to a degree our language, there would be no Armenians today. It's not because of our "Armenian blood" that we have survived this, no Armenian blood has changed over time, but what has remained consistent and really held us up as a people is our Armenian church and our unique culture.
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

After reading this entire thread, it doesn't seem an answer was actually made. (though thanks for giving me a good way to procrastinate on homework...)

do you individually consider yourself "White"?
        "Yes" or "No" (Ok... "Ayo" or "Voch" is also acceptable...)

Comment

Votch. Because I don't want to adhere to this modern, trivial Eurocentric idea.

If I grew up attending a church full of Asian looking, or Black looking people, who spoke Armenian and identified as Armenians, with Armenian history, I would grow up believing that their racial profile is normal for an Armenian. But alas, this is not the case, and so instead, we xxxxx about the possibility of such a thing happening one day if we decide to drop our conservative attitudes towards blood, and yet cannot even prove that we always sported such attitudes towards members of other races who were assimilated into ours throughout history.

Comment

Tali,

The answer can only give DNA and by the leading scholars researches we are proven to have dominant European blood which means genetically (Mos, are u reading? ) the closest to us are europeans...

Good poll, Tali...

The answer is

YES

But I have noticed not many people really understand what white or non white means..While skin colour plays a big role but isn ot the only important part:skin, bone structure, head structure..all together, and by all those definitions Armenians are part of white race. Besides, in our region only us and Persians have some amount of Nordic people...and most of surrounding nations don't have R which is our dominant haplogroup

You can be dark, even very dark but still have European featuresand be white just are like many if not most Southern Europeans are
            Last edited by Nare; 01-31-2011, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post

If I grew up attending a church full of Asian looking, or Black looking people, who spoke Armenian and identified as Armenians, with Armenian history, I would grow up believing that their racial profile is normal for an Armenian. But alas, this is not the case, and so instead, we xxxxx about the possibility of such a thing happening one day if we decide to drop our conservative attitudes towards blood, and yet cannot even prove that we always sported such attitudes towards members of other races who were assimilated into ours throughout history.
              In all that "tirada" you didn't answer the question...;-)

The poll is not about your beliefs, it's about your genetics which you can't deny in either way

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post

When I went to an Armenian event or church or looked at anyone in my family, they were white. I'm confused. Armenians were not involved in the slave trade nor were we responsible for the hatred of the white man. We shouldn't have some sort of racial complex but we do. We are indigenous Caucasians.
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

[IMG]

[/IMG]

hmmm, I changed the laptop but still can't post pics even though I put them in between that code, maybe I need to post in some HTML or smt?

Comment

Just hit the "insert image" icon when you reply and paste the link to the picture
                    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X