Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are Armenian women handicapped because of their upbringing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Armenian women handicapped because of their upbringing?

I'm not familiar with the culture of this forum, but I have noticed that issues of importance to Armenian women are seldom discussed.

I think that Armenian women are "handicapped" when compared to women of other cultures, not all cultures. For instance, Armenian women are forced to kill the little charmer in them and end up unlearning how to seduce and/or feel guilty about it. A form of excision? Sadly, some compensate for the loss use their body and/or a behavior with sexual connotations to charm and seduce, as I see it charm has nothing to do with body or sex. Others become easy victims of the first boy who does the clown and promises them the moon.

There's also domestic violence and/or its milder form i.e. "silencing" in one way or another those who dare to stand up for themselves.

The worse part is that I don't think that the situation changed much, and many young girls are still victim of the same oppressive values.

Re: Are Armenian women handicapped because of their upbringing?

Originally posted by Kattie View Post
    I'm not familiar with the culture of this forum, but I have noticed that issues of importance to Armenian women are seldom discussed.
    'Kattie' - Now, I'm going to suggest you're white (a pure American breed) , based on your name. First off, since when did this "importance" become an "issue?"..according to who? You?

I think that Armenian women are "handicapped" when compared to women of other cultures, not all cultures.
    The only thing "handicapped" here is your mind failing to absorb the actual essence of the Armenian woman's aura.

For instance, Armenian women are forced to kill the little charmer in them and end up unlearning how to seduce and/or feel guilty about it. A form of excision? Sadly, some compensate for the loss use their body and/or a behavior with sexual connotations to charm and seduce, as I see it charm has nothing to do with body or sex. Others become easy victims of the first boy who does the clown and promises them the moon.
    Are you an Armenian woman? Even if you were, I am positive you're basing your entire judgment on one or two Armenian women, which is merely misguided. Truly, I don't know where to begin when it comes to an Armenian womans art of seduction. I am an Armenian woman with a valid Armenian heritage, therefore I can display my range of view. When it comes to charm and seduction, an Armenian woman can sweep a man off his feet by doing the most simplest daily things that which a pure American white-breed mind will probably fail to identify. As an Armenian woman, the magic begins with the way she carries herself toward the Armenian man. Once she exposes her delicacy and alluring shine, you'll melt like a snowcone in a freezer (which is hard to imagine).

There's also domestic violence and/or its milder form i.e. "silencing" in one way or another those who dare to stand up for themselves.
    Every culture, every race, every background has it's "domestic violence" and it's form of "silencing." You are basing this entirely on Armenian women who cannot speak up for themselves? Newsflash: Women in general fail to possess self-respect and then tend to bury themselves into that state of mind.

The worse part is that I don't think that the situation changed much, and many young girls are still victim of the same oppressive values.
    Just hope that one day you will be reincarnated as an Armenian woman. Only then, you shall pinpoint her boundless treasure.
    Last edited by iFemale; 05-02-2009, 11:09 PM.

Comment

That was soooo hot <3
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I attest.
        "All truth passes through three stages:
        First, it is ridiculed;
        Second, it is violently opposed; and
        Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Originally posted by iFemale View Post
          'Kattie' - Now, I'm going to suggest you're white (a pure American breed) , based on your name. First off, since when did this "importance" become an "issue?"..according to who? You?

The only thing "handicapped" here is your mind failing to absorb the actual essence of the Armenian woman's aura.

Are you an Armenian woman? Even if you were, I am positive you're basing your entire judgment on one or two Armenian women, which is merely misguided. Truly, I don't know where to begin when it comes to an Armenian womans art of seduction. I am an Armenian woman with a valid Armenian heritage, therefore I can display my range of view. When it comes to charm and seduction, an Armenian woman can sweep a man off his feet by doing the most simplest daily things that which a pure American white-breed mind will probably fail to identify. As an Armenian woman, the magic begins with the way she carries herself toward the Armenian man. Once she exposes her delicacy and alluring shine, you'll melt like a snowcone in a freezer (which is hard to imagine).

Every culture, every race, every background has it's "domestic violence" and it's form of "silencing." You are basing this entirely on Armenian women who cannot speak up for themselves? Newsflash: Women in general fail to possess self-respect and then tend to bury themselves into that state of mind.

Just hope that one day you will be reincarnated as an Armenian woman. Only then, you shall pinpoint her boundless treasure.
          I am Armenian and your assumptions are wrong, and I'm not basing my views on a handful of cases. I understand why it may offend you, but that's how it appears to me and that's what I think.
          Armenian woman do not "sweep a man off his feet" as easily and as often as you seem to think, they simply have an advantage when it comes to Armenian men, but that should not be attributed to their charms.

I need to go now, more later.
          Last edited by Kattie; 05-02-2009, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Are you talking about women in Armenia or Armenian women everywhere? Armenian women in the US enjoy a number of the freedoms and powers offered to them thanks to the womens movement in general (in the west). Of course there are still those who may still be handicapped by traditional mindsets in their households, but that is very quickly evaporating away. In Armenia itself, I don't know.
            this post = teh win.

Comment

I'm not basing my views on a handful of cases.
              When you come back, please tell us exactly why you are handicapped, or feel you're in danger of being, especially in US.
              "All truth passes through three stages:
              First, it is ridiculed;
              Second, it is violently opposed; and
              Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

I am Armenian and your assumptions are wrong, and I'm not basing my views on a handful of cases. I understand why it may offend you, but that's how it appears to me and that's what I think.
                Armenian woman do not "sweep a man off his feet" as easily and as often as you seem to think, they simply have an advantage when it comes to Armenian men, but that should not be attributed to their charms.

Offend? Haha! I do not position my intensity at a state of mind that is blinded to perceive the ethics of humanity as a whole, rather just pinning down the Armenian woman. Just because your genes have failed to detain such a fortune, that doesn’t mean an actual Armenian woman isn’t able to grasp the psyche of a man by her exquisite trail of charisma.

Comment

Since when do women "sweep a man off his feet"? If you're talking about attracting the pu$$y whipped westernized man then this whole post is useless, lol.
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

If she thinks for one moment Armenian women are docile, she has not encountered iFemale and alot of the girls here, they don't take crap from anyone, especially Mindfreak
                    The charmer in her definitely is not gone and she most of the girls here wont stand for any silencing on charms (whether they be inner charm or Lucky Charms tm)

But this is generalization, you cannot base an entire opinion of an ethnicity on one or two people, in addition I know Kattie says she is Armenian, but what she must remember is that in very religious (traditionally) societies, patriarchy is often at the forefront of the day, I can compare Arabs, Japanese, hell even us as many men subscribe to the machismo bs, I know a dude who is Mexican himself and he refuses to let his wife work, as it will "femize" him, he is against abortion, hell even masturbation, in traditionally strictly religious cultures and even in non strictly religious ones, there will always be socially conservative people

I have never seen this docileness that Kattie claims, granted I have never met many Armenians in real life, but from those I know, none of them seem to be timid or scared litle things

I promise you, got to a Anglo Saxon baptist meeting, a strictly Protestant black family, a strictly Irish Catholic family or a traditional Japanese family and you will see all the same things, domestic abuse and silencing happens in every race and culture

The point is to be aware of it, even in liberal trendy bohemian society, there is abuse I can promise you that, do a scan and see for yourself

Comment

Working...
                    X