Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are Armenian women handicapped because of their upbringing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are Armenian women handicapped because of their upbringing?

Now about our Armenian men, who have been very good breadwinners, family figures and proud fathers. Proud to keep their families in good standing and seeing that their children are safe and are not living promiscuous lives; but staying good and descent. That their children are doing well in school. Armenian fathers are very protective towards their offsprings, they are loving papas and support their children and love them very much. Some unfortunately I heard in Armenia who drink and then they hurt their wives at times; but I hope and hope that it has subsided and it's in the minority cases. However in general, Armenian men are very protective and good family providers and fathers.

Btw; forgive me for also speaking about our Armenian men in here when the subject was about our women. However I was compelled to also speak about our mighty Armenian men.
    Thank you Anoush

And the main reason men drink and all is because of the gov. I've explained why on countless occasions. The reason Armenia is in it's current state is because of the gov.

And Kattie, when you come to Yerevan, I'll pick you up in Zvartnots and then we'll go see what the girls in Armenia are like. What your saying is right when your talking about a small minority and IF there are any problems you mentioned, it's because of the gov.
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

I am an old woman, born in France in1925, from armenian parents. We lived in a house of refugees
      60 families, all survivors of genocide. All Armenians. When we were children we used to play together,
      boys and girls, in the garden behind the house, we were not allowed to go in the street.
      But when I was 12, my mother said to me : now you cannot play with boys.
      I went to French school. I worked very well at school. As my father died young , I was the eldest and had to work. My aunt did not want her daughters work outside, they had to work at home. I found jobs in offices.
      All the Armenian young men of the house married French girls, because they thought we were old minded.
      We were half old minded, and half influenced by our French education at school.
      One of my French colleague’s was delighted to meet me, as I was serious.
      His parents first were disappointed, as they wanted a French daughter –in-law from their town. But they changed quickly their mind when they knew me and my family. My husband always loved me.

Comment

Thank you for a most eloquent slice of life.
        "All truth passes through three stages:
        First, it is ridiculed;
        Second, it is violently opposed; and
        Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Wow I am not sure if I should even start to respond to one of these thread topics again...remembers last year and the muffin postings...BUT man do I want to.

Comment

[quote]I am an old woman, born in France in1925, from armenian parents. We lived in a house of refugees 60 families, all survivors of genocide. All Armenians. When we were children we used to play together, boys and girls, in the garden behind the house, we were not allowed to go in the street. But when I was 12, my mother said to me : now you cannot play with boys. I went to French school. I worked very well at school. As my father died young , I was the eldest and had to work. My aunt did not want her daughters work outside, they had to work at home. I found jobs in offices. All the Armenian young men of the house married French girls, because they thought we were old minded. We were half old minded, and half influenced by our French education at school. One of my French colleague’s was delighted to meet me, as I was serious.
            His parents first were disappointed, as they wanted a French daughter –in-law from their town. But they changed quickly their mind when they knew me and my family. My husband always loved me.[quote/]

Madam, it is nothing more or less then an honor to have you with us here. Thank you for your post .

Regarding being "old minded", could someone please tell me what that means? If someone has boundaries, respects tradition, and lives like a normal person rather then a fool, why is he/she "old minded"? I get so pissed when I hear this. Who the hell came up with that phrase anyways? I'd rather be "old minded" then "DEAD minded" like most in the US!

Comment

Kiffer it's so nice to hear your life story. We love you to have you hear and thank you for this story.

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post

Regarding being "old minded", could someone please tell me what that means? If someone has boundaries, respects tradition, and lives like a normal person rather then a fool, why is he/she "old minded"? I get so pissed when I hear this. Who the hell came up with that phrase anyways?I'd rather be "old minded" then "DEAD minded" like most in the US!
                You are dead right!

Comment

Thanks Anoush jan!

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post

And the main reason men drink and all is because of the gov.

What your saying is right when your talking about a small minority and IF there are any problems you mentioned, it's because of the gov.
                    Saco, are you kidding me? I mean seriously, what has it got to do with the government??

Comment

Saco, are you kidding me? I mean seriously, what has it got to do with the government??
                      *sigh* Please don't ask me to answer that, Lucin jan. I've answered it like 8 times already in two days, lol. When you come here, you'll understand. I don't say anything without knowing what I'm talking about. I'm not saying we should COMPLETELY blame the gov. but they have a big share of blame on their shoulders. A very big share.

Briefly said, they don't allow the Armenian people to BREATHE properly. The gov. emotionally breaks our people down in many ways so the drinking naturally increases.

...Our people have lost their patience and think about only one thing most of the time...how to find food so that their families can survive. They don't have time to think about anything else and get angry very easily. It's a very difficult situation and I blame the gov. mostly. I have my reasons and I've lived here for many years so you can more or less trust me...

You have to go deep into our current situation to understand why so many things happen every day so don't look at what I say in such a primitive way.
                      Last edited by Sako; 05-04-2009, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X