Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Eurovision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eurovision

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    Azar means fire/scarlet.... look it up... Azar is a popular last name among Christian Lebanese and it comes from Persian meaning "fire".
    What's it you are not getting? Read the fucking thing I posted where I say:

“atr” (ատր) has a clear definition and means fire. Azar is the Arabized and re-Persianized form of atr/atur = fire. Which part of this don't you understand? Read the goddamn thing I posted before commenting.

Comment

I actually came up with my explanation before finding that link.... and that link confirmed my explanation. Think it's a Persian author that wrote that though..... there, I changed it... maybe you thought I was trying to say Aazar or Aatar meant fire in Armenian.... when I meant Persian/arabic
      Last edited by KanadaHye; 05-19-2009, 04:01 PM.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Hellektor View Post
        What's it you are not getting? Read the fucking thing I posted where I say:

“atr” (ատր) has a clear definition and means fire. Azar is the Arabized and re-Persianized form of atr/atur = fire. Which part of this don't you understand? Read the goddamn thing I posted before commenting.
        What are you getting mad at, we posted the exact same thing!!!
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

P.S. I am from Iran. Persian is my second mother tongue, Armenian being the first, in case you didn't know.

Comment

What are you getting mad at, we posted the exact same thing!!!
            No! Your explanation does not have anything to do with Atropat the satrap. It's a cunning way to claim Baku had something to do with Azarbaijan. It does not! Of course, being under Persian rule there were fire-temples, Zoroastrian places of worship all over the place. The thing is: Azarbaijan (Atrpatakan) is the northwest region of Iran SOUTH OF THE ARAX RIVER! Baku is NOT Azarbaijan, has never been Azarbaijan. They stole the name for pan-Turkist purposes in 1918. Don't tell me you are not getting this.

Comment

It's a historic fact, not Armenian propaganda. Go read ANY historian from ANY period (in my thingy I have included dozens of historians from all ages, many of them from the Islamic era). There's no doubt in the origin or the meaning of the word Azarbaijan (Atrpatakan), and since your user nick was KanadaHye, I didn't know you were not an Armenian and believed in Turk falsifications of history. Curious, are you a Turk? No offence, just interested.
              What I'm trying to say is AZAR isn't Armenian... its Persian/Arabic.

Comment

No! Your explanation does not have anything to do with Atropat the satrap. It's a cunning way to claim Baku had something to do with Azarbaijan. It does not! Of course, being under Persian rule there were fire-temples, Zoroastrian places of worship all over the place. The thing is: Azarbaijan (Atrpatakan) is the northwest region of Iran SOUTH OF THE ARAX RIVER! Baku is NOT Azarbaijan, has never been Azarbaijan. They stole the name for pan-Turkist purposes in 1918. Don't tell me you are not getting this.
                I don't think that text is claiming Baku had something to do with the Azarbaijani region (Atrpatakan).... if you read it carefully. It was published after 1918.

Claiming Azarbaijan means "Land of Atropat" and not "land of fire" for political purposes is misleading. Since Atr, Azar and Aatar all mean "fire" or associated with "fire".

I got it, I got it
                Last edited by KanadaHye; 05-20-2009, 06:40 AM.

Comment

P.S. I am from Iran. Persian is my second mother tongue, Armenian being the first, in case you didn't know.
                  Ironic how our host county Iran (Persia) in ancient times tried so hard to convert Christian Armenians to Ahura Mazda without any success.
                  not to mention with some serious pay back..............hahaha
                  and they themselves ended up being converted to Islam.

Some of my best friends are Iranians.
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

What I'm trying to say is AZAR isn't Armenian... its Persian/Arabic.
                    Who ever said “azar” was an Armenian word? I said that “azar” is the distorted form of the Indo-European term “atr”/”atur” = fire that still exists in its original form in compound words such as atragooyn, atrooshan, atrdjanak, etc. in Armenian, though it does not exist as an independent word. It doesn't exist in its original form in Persian, having been replaced by the distorted term “azar”. I remember a Persian story came out some years ago named “A bird called Azarbad”, this is the same name as Atrpat. There are some who regard “atur” might have a Babylonian/Assyrian origin. Even if this were true, it still has nothing whatsoever to do with Turks.

The point is, the name of Real Azarbaijan which is Atrpatakan is still unchanged in the Armenian language as a result of the Arab invasion not having had the same impact on Armenians as it did on Iranians and their language.

The other point is that Atrpatakan (= Azarbaijan) is the northwest region of Iran, ALWAYS south of the Arax River, called Lesser Media before the time of Alexander which was renamed after Atrpat, the Median satrap who held on to its independence and refused the rule of the Seleucids, the generals of Alexander, who ruled Iran for about 80 years after the fall of the Achaemenids by Alexander.

UNDISPUTED HISTORIC FACTS:

Lesser Media (always south of the Arax) ==> Alexander's invasion about 2300 years ago ==> Atrpat not ceding Lesser Media, the latter renamed after Atrpat into Atrpatakan/Aturpadegan ==> slight change of the name (probably in Parthian or Sassanid times) into Aturpayegan ==> Arab invasion in the 7th century AD (affecting the Persian language). Because of the lacking sounds in Arabic Aturpayegan became Adhrbeijan ==> not very Persian sounding re-Persianized into Azarbaijan ==> 1918, a fake pan-Turkist nonentity was counterfeited north of the Arax by Ottomans to prevent the resurrection of an Armenian state on Armenian territory not under Ottoman yoke, just having been liberated from Russian rule after 1917 “revolution”. The name “Azerbaijan” was cunningly chosen for later claims on real Azarbaijan because its Iranian population had become speakers of Turkish in the last 5 to 6 centuries, as a result of Turkic domination in the region.

Comment

Claiming Azarbaijan means "Land of Atropat" and not "land of fire" for political purposes is misleading. Since Atr, Azar and Aatar all mean "fire" or associated with "fire".
                      This is a blatant instance of projection: it's you who are misleading people by falsifying history and for political purposes. The fact is that the nonentity north of the Arax did not exist before 1918 and the region was NEVER called Azerbaijan before 1918. The meaning of the term Azarbaijan (Atrpatakan) is attributed, named after, pertaining to Atrpat/Atropat:

LAND OF ATROPAT NOT LAND OF FUCKING FIRE

Are you a Turk, an “Azeri”? This is very simple but you keep on regurgitating the same pan-Turkist baloney. If you are a Turk, then we have nothing to discuss. Cut the crap and get it over with if you are a Turk, what’s the matter? I continue explaining this as clearly as possible, yet you stubbornly parrot the same falsified Turk dung.

If the Median general Atrpat was called Mihrdad, the Iranian northwest region called Azarbaijan (Atrpatakan) today would be called Mihrdadakan.

If the Median general Atrpat was called Tirdad, the Iranian northwest region called Azarbaijan (Atrpatakan) today would be called Tirdadakan.

If the Median general Atrpat was called Darius, the Iranian northwest region called Azarbaijan (Atrpatakan) today would be called Dariusakan.

If the Median general Atrpat was called Xerxes, the Iranian northwest region called Azarbaijan (Atrpatakan) today would be called Xerxesakan.

I don't know whether history would have gone the same course and a fake pan-Turkist state would have been counterfeited north of the Arax called Mihrdadakan/Tirdadakan/Dariusakan/Xerxesakan in 1918 or not, most probably it would.

Azarbaijan = Land of Atropat NOT Land of Fire. Capice?

I got it, I got it
                      It's obvious that you didn't, or better said, you don't want to.

Comment

Working...
                      X