Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Eurovision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eurovision

really? can you tell us why exactly? this is hilarious!
    I didn't get to hear everything. Here's a few reasons though:

1. Too much Azeri propaganda.
    2. People in Azerbaijan didn't know how to vote in our favor. The TV channels there didn't show any telephone numbers.
    3. I think bringing in Arash was another reason (this is a guess).

I think we can google for this info now. It's a been awhile. The fact is that Azerbaijan won't be competing again. About time, we've gone through enough of their crap.
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
      I didn't get to hear everything. Here's a few reasons though:

1. Too much Azeri propaganda.
      2. People in Azerbaijan didn't know how to vote in our favor. The TV channels there didn't show any telephone numbers.
      3. I think bringing in Arash was another reason (this is a guess).

I think we can google for this info now. It's a been awhile. The fact is that Azerbaijan won't be competing again. About time, we've gone through enough of their crap.
      One of 2 options posible:
      Ore TSaco-mama was the head of the jeury in Eurovision 2009 or TSaco got that news right from his pretty arss.
      Didnt your moma tell you that you shouldnt smoke that xxxx, TSako?)

Comment

Originally posted by Hellektor View Post

Azarbaijan = Land of Atropat NOT Land of Fire. Capice?

It's obvious that you didn't, or better said, you don't want to.

I understand that Atropat is the name of a General or Warrior and the land was named after him. I also understand that Atropatekan means land that (belongs to or attributed to) Atropat. Unless you make that distinction, going directly from Azarbaijan to "Land of Atropat" wouldn't make sense unless you explain the history.

You even broke down the meaning of Atropat with relation to FIRE and you're rejecting your own claim for the sole purpose of distinguishing the differences between historical territories. Teaching history and changing language which many people currently understand it to be just to accomodate history doesn't make sense to me even if the language was changed to distort history. You have to be entirely TRANSPARENT if you want to uncover the truth.

Your entire explanation for how Azarbaijan got named isn't in question... but your constant assertion that it has nothing to do with fire from a linguistic point of view is senseless unless you explain the history. I don't deny that Azarbaijan is a fabricated state that didn't exist prior to 1918.
        Last edited by KanadaHye; 05-20-2009, 01:32 PM.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Hellektor View Post
          Azarbaijan does not mean land of fire. Azarbaijan (Atrpatakan) means attributed, named after Atrpat (Atropat). At most one could say Land of Atropat not land of fire. This shows their total ignorance of the name they stole from Iran for their fabricated state, counterfeited on Armenian territory in 1918 to prevent the resurrection of that part of Armenia not under Ottoman occupation that had become free after the Judeo-Bolshevik “revolution” of that Jew Tatar agitator Ulyanov who changed his name to Lenin. They called their nonentity “Azerbaijan” for further pan-Turkist claims on real Azarbaijan (Atrpatakan) that they weren't able to steal after centuries of war with the Safavid Empire, all fought on Armenian territory of course.
          Thank you Hellektor for the explanation, I had read this by the way in your 'thingy'. I should have been more careful with the nuances...
          Last edited by Lucin; 05-20-2009, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Ladies and Gents, Azerbaijan is disqualified from here on out. They won't be able to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest again. I just heard this on the radio. About time, lol.
            Nothing at all in the media at large.

Are you sure? (you've been mistaken before)

Comment

Are you sure? (you've been mistaken before)
              I'm not the only one talking about it. I don't know why you guys don't know yet. They shouted it out on the radio and on TV apparently. Whatever it is, Azerbaijan is in for a lot of problems.
              Last edited by Sako; 05-20-2009, 11:11 PM.

Comment

axper inchu ek irar het krvum..es turkerin ban ek tsuyts talis. get along man.

Comment

AZG DAILY #91, 20-05-2009
                  Culture
                  Update: 2009-05-20 01:06:41 (GMT +04:00)

EUROVISION 2009: AZERBAIJAN VOTED FOR ARMENIAN REPRESENTATIVES

During Eurivision 2009 contest, Azerbaijan voted for Armenian singers Inga and Anush Arshakyans, Thomas Niedermayer, representative of German Digame mobile company told a http://www.panarmenian.net correspondent, noting at the same time that he was entitled to specify the exact number of votes received from Azerbaijan.

Mr. Niedermayer also said that Armenian Public Television reported to the company that the screen part displaying number for voting in favor of Armenian singers was closed during Eurovision 2009 contest. He also added that the information is currently being verified.

Digame company is a subsidiary of German T-Mobile network, offering large-scale services of telephone and SMS voting, http://www.panarmenian.net reports.

I'm currently searching for the news that says Azerbaijan won't compete in 2010. People are talking about this seriously. I was just reading in one of the sites that Georgia is disqualified and another two countries. The songs of these two countries were similar to each other and it led to serious problems.
                  Last edited by Sako; 05-20-2009, 11:13 PM.

Comment

AZG DAILY #91, 20-05-2009
                    Culture
                    Update: 2009-05-20 01:06:41 (GMT +04:00)

EUROVISION 2009: AZERBAIJAN VOTED FOR ARMENIAN REPRESENTATIVES

During Eurivision 2009 contest, Azerbaijan voted for Armenian singers Inga and Anush Arshakyans, Thomas Niedermayer, representative of German Digame mobile company told a http://www.panarmenian.net correspondent, noting at the same time that he was entitled to specify the exact number of votes received from Azerbaijan.

Mr. Niedermayer also said that Armenian Public Television reported to the company that the screen part displaying number for voting in favor of Armenian singers was closed during Eurovision 2009 contest. He also added that the information is currently being verified.

Digame company is a subsidiary of German T-Mobile network, offering large-scale services of telephone and SMS voting, http://www.panarmenian.net reports.

I'm currently searching for the news that says Azerbaijan won't compete in 2010.
                    Thanks for the effort!
                    Saco, I'm really not waiting to find holes in your posts at all, but it's better to quote references when posting, isn't it?
                    I'm sure you and I could get along if you were less sensitive to criticism, less likely to see criticism as a personal attack and less likely to personally attack in retaliation. You'll probably say that you've never got personal.
                    We agree on many areas which concern this forum. We disagree on many others too. Your arguments will never change my mind or point of view, not necessarily the content but the way you present it.
                    As a person, I'm sure you've got the best of intentions BUT, you are intolerant to opposing views,quick-tempered and impetuous.............mmmm typical Armenian.
                    So, my word......I do not wait for holes, for a while now I promise if I see some, I'll ignore them!

Comment

01 April 2009
                      Iraq to replace Georgia at the Moscow Eurovision
                      In a surprise move sources at the EBU, organizers of the European Song Contest, have today revealed to us that Iraqiya the State Television Channel of Iraq has joined the EBU and will be taking up the slot left vacant by Georgia in the first Semi Final of Eurovision 2009. Iraqi singer Shada Hassoun, a former winner of the Arab Star Academy, will represent her country performing her latest song "yold" watch .

Iraq's eligibility to join the EBU and thus take part in the Eurovision Song Contest is defined by Article 3§3 of the EBU's Statutes, which in turn refer to the International Telecommunications Union's definition of the European Broadcasting Area.

Shada is an accomplished artist known across the Middle East. She won the Arab version of tv talent show Star Academy in 2007 and has gone on to have a series of songs inclluding "Rooh", "Asmallah Asmallah" and "Oushaq". She is known to have been cooperating with Iraqi poet Karim Al Iraqi and Lebanese composer Melhem Barakat, however it is not yet clear whether they were involved in her 2009 Eurovision entry.

She is multi-lingual and is known to have sung songs in English, French, Spanish, Italian and German as well as her native Arabic. Her offical website has yet to confirm in which language she will be singing in Moscow.
                      More as this story develops later in the day. Press refresh on your browser to ensure you have the latest version.

Posted by Eurovision Minute Australia at Wednesday, April 01, 2009 0

Comment

Working...
                      X