Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Eurovision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eurovision

Thanks for the effort!

Saco, I'm really not waiting to find holes in your posts at all, but it's better to quote references when posting, isn't it?
    Some news doesn't air for a long time and when someone hears about it, you don't have to immediately doubt him/her. It's really that simple.

I'm sure you and I could get along if you were less sensitive to criticism, less likely to see criticism as a personal attack and less likely to personally attack in retaliation. You'll probably say that you've never got personal.
    Keep your guess's to yourself, Hrai. I do get personal ... when required. Not all criticism is "constructive" and if you don't know that, you'll know soon enough.

We agree on many areas which concern this forum. We disagree on many others too. Your arguments will never change my mind or point of view, not necessarily the content but the way you present it.
    I'll work on that and you work on not misunderstanding me like you have on countless occasions.

As a person, I'm sure you've got the best of intentions BUT, you are intolerant to opposing views,quick-tempered and impetuous.............mmmm typical Armenian.
    Perhaps. Mostly depends on the views and the person presenting them...

So, my word......I do not wait for holes, for a while now I promise if I see some, I'll ignore them!
    If you find any holes that is...Till now, you haven't shown me those holes. I promise to ignore that fact for a little while.
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

EV is lame, nobody can sing. The song representing Armenia sucked it's a wonder they were 10th on the list. None of the singers did well NONE. It was overly gay and lame. EV is not what it used to be 30 years ago, so whatever the result I don't care. But something else happened that I found very good, the monuments scandal was excellent and Sirusho did an excellent job holding those photos.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
        I understand that Atropat is the name of a General or Warrior and the land was named after him. I also understand that Atropatekan means land that (belongs to or attributed to) Atropat. Unless you make that distinction, going directly from Azarbaijan to "Land of Atropat" wouldn't make sense unless you explain the history.

You even broke down the meaning of Atropat with relation to FIRE and you're rejecting your own claim for the sole purpose of distinguishing the differences between historical territories. Teaching history and changing language which many people currently understand it to be just to accomodate history doesn't make sense to me even if the language was changed to distort history. You have to be entirely TRANSPARENT if you want to uncover the truth.

Your entire explanation for how Azarbaijan got named isn't in question... but your constant assertion that it has nothing to do with fire from a linguistic point of view is senseless unless you explain the history. I don't deny that Azarbaijan is a fabricated state that didn't exist prior to 1918.
        The whole passage above is full of fallacious argumentation, circumventing the issue, sophistry and nothing else. You desperately try to avoid the question and you even avoided to cut the crap that I had ask you to: are you a Turk?

You are trying to discard irrefutable historical facts coming from thousands of years and confirmed by countless historians from any given nation, creed, civilization who wrote about the region, and give credence to historic falsifications concocted in the mid 20th century by pan-Turkist distorians of the caliber of Ziya Bunyatov.

I refuse to buy what you are selling. History is relevant, more so when the genocidal, murderous, destructive falsifiers are avoiding it for the purpose of legitimizing their evil, pan-Turkist goals. You are feeding the genocidal savages by discarding historic facts and stubbornly yet desperately trying to draw me in a futile “discussion” about a more futile issue.

The use of the maliciously fabricated term “Land of Fire” by the genocidal, warmongering Tatars of yesterday and “Azeris” of today is to serve their pan-Turkist agenda and I will fight it and I'll refuse to give legitimacy to it by buying this stinking, rotten garbage you are hopelessly trying to sell me. I have responded clearly, amply and with foolproof examples that what you claim is total Azercowdung and I will refrain from discussing it further.

I will not go further into this and I won't reply any of your fallacious posts regarding this issue, because it has been proved to me you are part of the clan that feeds the pan-Turkist agenda. Don't think by replying this you will be the one who said the last word.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
          Thank you Hellektor for the explanation, I had read this by the way in your 'thingy'. I should have been more careful with the nuances...
          Thanks dear for having spent the time reading the thingy! Yet I don't remember where it was that you weren't “careful with the nuances”, you must be talking about a post I have missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellektor View Post
            The whole passage above is full of fallacious argumentation, circumventing the issue, sophistry and nothing else. You desperately try to avoid the question and you even avoided to cut the crap that I had ask you to: are you a Turk?
            I might become one if you keep insisting that I am.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Attention Mods!

Dear mods,

In the past, many a thread has been removed because a number of users started to get personal. Given the time I put in typing my long posts, I constantly come across a decrease of my post count by 20 or 30 when a thread like this disappears because some users start getting personal.

If you are trying to clean up a thread from personal abuse, please don't delete or close the whole thread and just address the users/posts with personal abuse.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Much yev Saco, yerguknida yergiraserek.Iraruyet ters yertalu badjarmi bedk che ella.Chi vaylergo tsezi.
                "All truth passes through three stages:
                First, it is ridiculed;
                Second, it is violently opposed; and
                Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur View Post
                  Much yev Saco, yerguknida yergiraserek.Iraruyet ters yertalu badjarmi bedk che ella.Chi vaylergo tsezi.
                  I agree with Hellektor, he has posted some very important information in this thread and some harmless words between members shouldn't discount his posts.
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Re: Attention Mods!

Originally posted by Hellektor View Post
                    Dear mods,

In the past, many a thread has been removed because a number of users started to get personal. Given the time I put in typing my long posts, I constantly come across a decrease of my post count by 20 or 30 when a thread like this disappears because some users start getting personal.

If you are trying to clean up a thread from personal abuse, please don't delete or close the whole thread and just address the users/posts with personal abuse.

Thanks in advance
                    You should have contacted us rather than posting in this in a thread and hoping we find it.
                    Threads sometimes need to be closed (and that doesn't affect your post count or whether you can read it), but certainly if it's an issue of deleting we do try to salvage what we can of a thread rather than deleting it. Now, if you post something that breaks the rules, then we cannot always go through and edit your post to remove that content.

On a related note, you're complaining about these other users getting personal, etc., however a couple posts up, you insult KanadaHye by asking him if he's a Turk. Clearly, you know that an Armenian would find that insulting or you would not have said it. That is itself a violation of the rules. Now if insults like that were buried throughout your post, the moderators can't be expected to spend the kind of time it takes to edit out all the offending parts.

Do NOT reply to this post here... I am making a copy of your request and reply in the Support Section and you can reply there by following the link below.

[COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                      I agree with Hellektor, he has posted some very important information in this thread and some harmless words between members shouldn't discount his posts.
                      I agree with you and I appreciate your spirit.

Comment

Working...
                      X