Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Inter Racial Armenians-Blacks Families: (Small?) Bridges To The Important Black World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Inter Racial Armenians-Blacks Families: (Small?) Bridges To The Important Black W

Originally posted by Alex deLarge View Post
    I see that you have failed to simply read the article. If you had, you would have noticed that your statement of "They are adding to her population, economy, diversity, strength", is ridiculous due to this excerpt: "Despite living in Armenia for nine years, Michael has not integrated well and speaks only a few phrases of Armenian".

No matter what, a weakening of Armenian ethnicity will ALWAYS ensue after a mixed marriage; being true no matter how far the non-Armenian side assimilates.

Let us differentiate the debate between racial tolerance and preservation of culture. It is not racist to contend that one wishes to see, more often than not, marriages between Armenians; which would, on average, more successfully preserve our dying culture. (Yes, dying)

I couldn't agree with you more. Unfortunately, one negative aspect of Armenians living outside of Armenia is their adoption of so called progressive ideals which are really propaganda mechanisms of the super elite of the world. As globalization spreads it will make its way into all parts of the world, but at the same time globalization is not an unstoppable force.
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Re: Inter Racial Armenians-Blacks Families: (Small?) Bridges To The Important Black W

There is no good excuse for racism! Racism wont help Armenia nor its people. Justifying racism by linking it to globalization or anything else is unexcusable to put it politely.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        There is no good excuse for racism! Racism wont help Armenia nor its people. Justifying racism by linking it to globalization or anything else is unexcusable to put it politely.
        Seems to work for most other countries.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
          Seems to work for most other countries.
          No it does not work for anyone. In the end racism hurts us all.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

No it does not work for anyone. In the end racism hurts us all.
            But in the beginning, people get rich off of it.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I do not think it is racist to say that Armenians should marry other Armenians or at least other Caucasians. I do not want to see Armenia become like the soulless nations of western europe who could care less about history, tradition, and culture. What will France or the Netherlands look like in the next 50 years? It certainly won't be that French or Dutch if they continue with their liberal and pro globalist policies. Economic progresson does not have to came at the expense of ones own ethnicity and culture.
              For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
              to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

The very few may benefit but even those a-holes have to live in the same society so they dont really benefit either.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
                  I do not think it is racist to say that Armenians should marry other Armenians or at least other Caucasians. I do not want to see Armenia become like the soulless nations of western europe who could care less about history, tradition, and culture. What will France or the Netherlands look like in the next 50 years? It certainly won't be that French or Dutch if they continue with their liberal and pro globalist policies. Economic progresson does not have to came at the expense of ones own ethnicity and culture.
                  I agree, globalization can be a negative and submerging force. If Armenian's stopped marrying Armenians then Armenian's as a people would cease to exist. In the end though its the choice of individual people, it wouldn't hurt if a few people married people of different races and ethnicities but it would hurt if most Armenian's did.

Comment

Originally posted by excerpt from article
                    “I don’t feel comfortable in Yerevan,” added Michael, who despite owning his own business, an Internet café, wants to take his family away from Armenia to a more multi-racial society.
                    Despite living in Armenia for nine years, Michael has not integrated well and speaks only a few phrases of Armenian.
                    There is something wrong with this. I'm sorry Michael, but of course you won't be embraced by Armenians when you have lived in the capital city for nine years and make insufficient effort to learn the language; especially considering you own a business in Yerevan which involves serving the public. Additionally...he is married to an Armenian woman whom he has 2 children with. So wouldn't it be sensible to get a basic grasp of the language?

No, this does not warrant any severe/malicious displays of racism nor does it justify prejudice. However it is most difficult to assimilate yourself wherever there are severe language barriers. It is fair to assume one will remain an outsider--in any culture that is not their own--until they pick up the dominant language. Here in the U.S. the Armenian community is not known for being especially xenophobic/hateful toward different ethnicities.

& not trying to be a hypocrite: I am 50% Armenian and I don't speak it/was never taught. But like I said I live in the US. I do not need this language to get by in my environment, thus haven't picked it up.
                    If I was about to be living in Armenia, or France...even Japan for that matter, best believe I would try hard to be able to communicate adequately.

Comment

Unfortunately demographics are used by certain entities to their advantage against others. Armenians carry Armenian culture to different forms. If we take this logic of "open borders" then it would be ok to have a million or two Turks and Kurds come into what remains of Armenia. They will not assimilate because they have their own culture and ways, which they should maintain as we Armenians should maintain ours. The Turkish government thus, by using demographics (and they can spare half a million or million over time - lets say even a decade) will do what it was not unable to do via mass killings.

Comment

Working...
                      X