Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranians in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iranians in Armenia

This is of concern to me. Many, many Iranian men come to Armenia especially during summer to take advantage of night life, drinking, and also our girls. It is getting to the point where I believe they do more harm than good. You walk during night in the street and you see so many Iranians. What these Iranians are doing in our country is despicable. For ages muslims and arabs have tried to kill us and change our religion; they have caused us so much pain and are to blame for our position today. Why do we embrace them in open hands and why do we let them take our women?
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Re: Iranians in Armenia

Maybe letting them take our women is the way we're getting back at them....

I don't know Mos, the world is one screwed up place.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

This is nothing compared to the flood of Turks and Azeris that will start coming into Armenia once the "border" is opened...A good deal of those "Iranians" btw are Azeris of Iran. Our "leadership" knows what is going on especially with the trafficking of our girls, yet does absolutely nothing.

Comment

I do not see it as a major issue. This is about morality and it occurs in every country, Armenia is no exception. What should be stressed more to the Armenian public is morals but that is hard to do when the government isn't trusted. Maybe some NGO or the Armenian Church could do more.

As for the turks and azeris coming to Armenia, I don't think it will happen, sure some will come but I hardly think it will be a flood.
        For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
        to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
          As for the turks and azeris coming to Armenia, I don't think it will happen, sure some will come but I hardly think it will be a flood.
          Armanen even if in a decade 100 to 200 thousand come to do "business" that already would be a significant number for a nation of few million. We have to think long term here - and in this regard the numbers/birthrates are on the side of Turks, Azeris and Kurds. As of today, we are below replacement levels, with emigration - outdoing - immigration to - Armenia. Most importantly, the image of a "good neighbor" is falsely ingrained into Armenian minds through the state-run mass media, when the same Turkish government is still openly pursuing an anti-Armenian, pan-Turkist policy. Remember, what our (non-elected) officials tell us that "economic prosperity" will "heal the wounds..." What better way for the Turkish government to get rid of the 'headache' of the Armenian Genocide and the Armenian Cause.

Comment

Money, money, money.

Have you ever thought what the Armenian economy would be like without Iranian tourism and investment money??

Without Iranian alliance, where would Armenia be now?

Death by absorption is a lot less painful and longer than by arms or hunger. Be thankful. The Iranians have treated Armenia far better than our other Muslim neighbors. Without them, any future for the homeland would be bleak.

Armenians in Armenia should start learning Farsi in the same way Americans are taking up Cantonese.
            Last edited by freakyfreaky; 12-03-2009, 03:32 PM.
            Between childhood, boyhood,
            adolescence
            & manhood (maturity) there
            should be sharp lines drawn w/
            Tests, deaths, feats, rites
            stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

I don't think that in 20, let alone, 10 years there will be 100-200 thousand turks living and doing business in Armenia. I see this as a fear tactic being used by those forces which are against the Protocols. The same could be said about Iranians, but we have less than 10,000 Iranians living in Armenia and most of them are students who will go back to Iran once they graduate.

Anyway, we are getting of the subject of this thread.
              For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
              to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

I don't think people should think like these, also remember that Iran opened their arms to Armenians after the Genocide, as well as Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, a lot of muslim countries opened their arms to Armenians, and even though Muslims also have reasons to hate those from other religions, Armenians are respected and left alone in most cases inside those countries.

As Armanen said is about morality in every person, a decent girl who respects herself as a woman and has some dignity does not let anyone, not even those in her own country, to take advantage of her, or let anyone take her as an object.

And foreigners coming to any country, or the minorities living there as well, are always seen with bad eyes and I think it is not right, because that's the first step to create harsh feelings against another human group, and we all know what that evolves in right?

It is a matter of tolerance and morality, from ourselves to other people and from other people to ourselves.

Comment

Ok, money. But we shouldn't make ourselves prostitutes either for that money. Many European tourists come from Germany, France, etc. and their behavior is much more different than of Iranians or Azeris. These iranians buy a house, get an armenian girl as wife or partner in addition to their wives back home. I don't want Yerevan turning into a province of Iran or Arab country. Yes Armenians live in Iran, but they are in no way doing what Iranians are doing to Yerevan now. Tourism is good to be increased in Armenia but not the things that these Iranians are doing.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Money, money, money.... that's all that matters. It's the universal language and in the end, we're all prostitutes (sell outs). This is also the problem with Yerevan being a tourist destination.
                    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Working...
                    X