Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranians in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iranians in Armenia

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    I'm not saying Muslims are bad. I'm saying we should keep our distance from them and not welcome them as close friends; it is naive to do such a thing. It is not distancing from the world, but it's recognizing patterns of history and where people come from. Why become friendly with middle east and Arab world?? Why? What do we have in common except bloodshed? It is much better to open up to EU, our future lies there, not in the repressive backward countries of middle east.
    Yes I understand you, but if we follow that logic no country would ever get along with each other. We may have nothing in common but battles and death, but still as I said good relationships with everybody means more doors to be opened and a better development on our country's economy, taking into consideration the Arab world has oil and has money, something that everybody would like to have inside their territory, and many Arab world countries have our brothers and sisters living in there.

Our future lies in EU? What? I don't know what do people see in Europe, yes they are rich countries (just a few of them, remember poverty in Europe is also extreme), yes they are superpowers, but let's don't forget where did the two world wars started, what continent has been incredibly unstable during the last decades, what continent held Obscurantism and persecution as state policies, what continent has been famous for racism and mass killings, the fact those countries are superpowers is because the resources they stole from their colonies...the city of Madrid and all Spain would be nothing is it wasn't from all the gold the Spaniards stole and all the people they committed Genocide at in South America. I am just telling, Europe shall not be seen as a paradise of opportunities and where the real progress is, because all they have achieved is from their obscure past. Pooverty is also incredibly high in Europe, look at Eastern Europe, look inside Russia.
    Last edited by ashot24; 12-03-2009, 07:59 PM.

Comment

don't even try to compare poverty in Europe with poverty in Middle East. The answer I want to know is why is it better for Armenia to go toward Middle East than toward EU?
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

don't even try to compare poverty in Europe with poverty in Middle East. The answer I want to know is why is it better for Armenia to go toward Middle East than toward EU?
        Personally I cannot see why you can't go both ways, so many countries have contradictory foreign policies and trade ties. You don't have to go for one and the other, its a balancing act but you can have both. Some countries in the EU already have good relations with the middle east in the EU framework, but relations took a hit with the Mohammed cartoons.

Comment

Armenians and Mongols got along quite well, so I wouldn't put them on that list. There is a difference between the seljuks/ottomans and the Mongols, who are not even a turkic people.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

I am not comparing it, I am telling poverty is very high inside of Europe, it's just that they don't show that because they don't want you to know that. Poverty is high in every country.

Either with Europe, Middle East, the Americas...we should get along with all, that is the key for our country's development

Comment

Develop relations with middle east is ok, but I stress that we should not integrate or ever go fully to that direction. Economic ties are ok, but besides that we should seek culture and deeper political ties with EU & Russia (sigh)
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                As usual the fearmongering/racists make themselves heard. Lets see Iran was our only supporter and friend while we were being incircled by our enemies on all sides. Iran provided us with the necesities of life and allowed us to ride out the war, when i was there during the war Yerevan was full of Iranian goods because that was the only country trying to help and able to do so because of our common border. Be thankfull that we have a neighbor like Iran, that country and its people helped us win the war and survive in the post-soviet period. Today their businessmen come to Hayastan and boost our economy and iran allows our businessmen to do the same there. Morality is a family isuue, you learn morality from your parents-not the government. Armenia needs more neighbors like Iran instead of people sitting around and xxxxxing about the muslims invading p.
                aveli jist.
                Between childhood, boyhood,
                adolescence
                & manhood (maturity) there
                should be sharp lines drawn w/
                Tests, deaths, feats, rites
                stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Just because of Business we should not sell our culture, our city, and our women. I rather Yerevan be a little poorer rather than see it flooded with Iranians and all products Iranians and arab. Just because they helped us a bit doesn't mean we should open our asses for them. Like any other large country their just using us, let's not be naive, I can assure you Iran cares very little about Armenia and their relations with us.
                  Without outside investment of Iranians and others, what would we have of a country or population?

As for culture, our culture oddly enough has expanded across borders, worldwide, because of the Genocide. It has been a curse and, oddly enough, a blessing.

Armenians have survived regardless of the homeland. Armenian culture will persist no matter if the demographics of the homeland are altered because of open borders.

Choosing isolation will be a far more catastrophic circumstance then submitting to absorption.

I fear that Armenians are afraid of the fleeing of Armenians with open borders rather than the increase of commerce that will likely flow.

As an Armenian, its easier getting into Armenia as diaspora, then getting out as a citizen (unless, of course, you have money). Without money, the immigration authorities will tell you that now is not a good time, try again later.

Without Armenian people, what will the oligarchs have, odars and lots of them that they cannot push around with money and, if that fails, brutality and lies.
                  Between childhood, boyhood,
                  adolescence
                  & manhood (maturity) there
                  should be sharp lines drawn w/
                  Tests, deaths, feats, rites
                  stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
                    aveli jist.
                    hesa qtesnek parsikner@ kaykayelu en hayastan@ yev yerevan@ qdarna turkqaqan u musulmanaqan qeghtot kaghaq, im sireli yerevan@....
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---

Comment

hesa qtesnek parsikner@ kaykayelu en hayastan@ yev yerevan@ qdarna turkqaqan u musulmanaqan qeghtot kaghaq, im sireli yerevan@....

Don't count on it. You are being too pessimistic. Armenia and Yerevan especially will become twice as beautiful if trade increases in the region as a result of open borders and Armenia takes its rightful place as a regional economic hub.
                      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Working...
                      X