Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranians in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iranians in Armenia

The only thing that worries me about Iranians visiting Armenia is that 'Iranians' is a broad term and, like it has been pointed out in this thread, many of them are actually Azaris. While the Azaris should not be compared to Azerbaijanis (they are indeed different), there is still a sleeper Grey Wolf movement within the province of Azarbaijan that could possibly use this 'loophole' to sneak into Armenia and spy or cause trouble from within. Besides in the form of tourism, I have also heard many of the truck drivers that bring in goods from Iran to Armenia for example are ethnic Azaris.

Besides the Azari stuff, there really is not much to worry about. Nothing but good could come out of Iranians visiting Armenia and spending money there and going back to Iran. Iran and Iranians are friends of Armenia. Many of them come here to drink in order to escape Iranian Islamic laws. Check this good article for example http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7514341.stm . As for prostitution, Armenia has bigger fish to fry in the form of Armenian prostitutes going (willingly and unwillingly) to Turkey and more prominently to Dubai. A rare case of our authorities actually doing something about it was this year when a female Armenian pimp got 14 years for trafficking our women to Dubai (see http://hetq.am/en/court/anush-martirosyan-3/).
    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Armenian women marrying Iranian men because they've got more money and can thus support a family better financialy = Not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Muhaha View Post
        Armenian women marrying Iranian men because they've got more money and can thus support a family better financialy = Not good.
        that armenian women who does that is a xxxxx, simply. and I deeply feel bad for her family for having raised her as that. It is a xxxxing shame armenian marrying a Muslim and his money. Why not start stealing women from Iran? Iranian women at least have some dignity they won't run off with the next person just because of money and ignore her culture.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
          that armenian women who does that is a xxxxx, simply. and I deeply feel bad for her family for having raised her as that. It is a xxxxing shame armenian marrying a Muslim and his money. Why not start stealing women from Iran? Iranian women at least have some dignity they won't run off with the next person just because of money and ignore her culture.
          Well it all comes down to Armenia's fundamental problem of a low population. I'm sure there aren't a lot of Armenian women that are doing this but it's still a an annoying problem because Armenia doesn't have that many people to begin with.

At the end of the day, unless ROA citizens fix their low population, a lot of these otherwise petty problems will continue to be big problems.

Comment

You are very unfortunately but quite right. It is sheer shame when any Armenian girl/woman has no dignity/ethic/more and goes off marrying a muslim. For me, the same applies with Europeans/Americans or any other nationality. Personally I waited for the right Armenian guy, despite many handsome Christian odars beseaching me to go out with them; but I was determined to go out and marry with an Armenian; that was me. But marrying a muslim? An Armenian woman cannot go lower than that. Unfortunately there are low lives in RA with very little self esteem and national pride that can do such things, and I'd rather see them throwing themselves in the Arax river and killing themselves than marrying with a muslim Iranian, Turk or Azerbaijani.

After all, during 1915-1918 that's what many good Armenian girls did. Hand in hand just like dancing "shourchbar" together they jumped in Yeprad and Dikris rivers NOT to submit to the turkish or kurdish men. Whatever happened to the new generations of Armenians? Why can't they learn from their ethical anscestors who conducted themselves with high morality? Amot to whoever does such things!
            Last edited by Anoush; 12-04-2009, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
              You are very unfortunately but quite right. It is sheer shame when any Armenian girl/woman has no dignity/ethic/more and goes off marrying a muslim. For me, the same applies with Europeans/Americans or any other nationality. Personally I waited for the right Armenian guy, despite many handsome Christian odars beseaching me to go out with them; but I was determined to go out and marry with an Armenian; that was me. But marrying a muslim? An Armenian woman cannot go lower than that. Unfortunately there are low lives in RA with very little self esteem and national pride that can do such things, and I'd rather see them throwing themselves in the Arax river and killing themselves than marrying with a muslim Iranian, Turk or Azerbaijani.

After all, during 1915-1918 that's what many good Armenian girls did. Hand in hand just like dancing "shourchbar" together they jumped in Yeprad and Dikris rivers NOT to submit to the turkish or kurdish men. Whatever happened to the new generations of Armenians? Why can't they learn from their ethical anscestors who conducted themselves with high morality? Amot to whoever does such things!
              i respect you for that, I hope more of these Armenian girls had the same values that you have.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Oh my God, you people are racist don't you? I agree that whatever girl that marries whatever man for money and a "better status" is a xxxxx, but did you really had to say exclusively "Muslim man"? What if she finds a Christian pimp? Then it is OK? This has to do with morals and dignity, not with ethnicity or religion.

You people are so wrong, you have wrong conceptions and to me it seems like you are very close-minded. You generalize people just because of their religion, yes Turks, Kurds, Azeries are Muslims, but that doesn't mean every Muslim person thinks the same way. Muslim Turks are not the same as the Muslim Arabs or Persians, it doesn't even write the same way. Whoever generalizing is being unfair and acts unwisely, not every Christian is a good person, and not every Muslim is a good person.
                Last edited by ashot24; 12-04-2009, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Everything that people are scared of here is the byproduct of friendly relations between neighbors. Non of these fears are justified rationaly, as a matter of fact the very things you fear is the sighn of a growing and expanding nation and economy. Because of its location Armenia cannot stay isolated, nor is it in its own interest to do so. Our small country has many strong neighbors and as the case has always been it has absorbed much from each one and will continue to be influenced by them. The days of isolation behind the iron curtain are gone and the new era of globalization is todays reality. Armenia and its people are well suited to take advantage of todays environment and i have much faith in my people and their future. Those who fear assimilation in Armenia simply disregard the facts history has to teach us. We Armenians have been around longer then pretty much anyone else while being surrounded by these same neighbors and their predacessors. Open borders and freindly relations do not mean instant assimilation. Sure friends will take on each others habits and such but a Armenian is not going to turn into a persian by being friendly with one or many of them. The kind of advantages open borders give us are exactly the ones we need to grow as a nation. Do not look down on muslims, they are people to and many have been very nice to us.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    Everything that people are scared of here is the byproduct of friendly relations between neighbors. Non of these fears are justified rationaly, as a matter of fact the very things you fear is the sighn of a growing and expanding nation and economy. Because of its location Armenia cannot stay isolated, nor is it in its own interest to do so. Our small country has many strong neighbors and as the case has always been it has absorbed much from each one and will continue to be influenced by them. The days of isolation behind the iron curtain are gone and the new era of globalization is todays reality. Armenia and its people are well suited to take advantage of todays environment and i have much faith in my people and their future. Those who fear assimilation in Armenia simply disregard the facts history has to teach us. We Armenians have been around longer then pretty much anyone else while being surrounded by these same neighbors and their predacessors. Open borders and freindly relations do not mean instant assimilation. Sure friends will take on each others habits and such but a Armenian is not going to turn into a persian by being friendly with one or many of them. The kind of advantages open borders give us are exactly the ones we need to grow as a nation. Do not look down on muslims, they are people to and many have been very nice to us.
                    de laveli, Muslims have been nice to us? Look at all of history and you see they have almost always tried to get rid of us, would Turks have killed us if we were Muslim? No. All I'm saying is that, ok fine to have economic relations with some middle east countries like Iran, but beyond that it is not acceptable especially letting them flood our country, their just taking advantage of our country and yes throwing a few money at us, we should not kiss their asses and let them flood our country for the few amount of money.
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---

Comment

de laveli, Muslims have been nice to us? Look at all of history and you see they have almost always tried to get rid of us, would Turks have killed us if we were Muslim? No. All I'm saying is that, ok fine to have economic relations with some middle east countries like Iran, but beyond that it is not acceptable especially letting them flood our country, their just taking advantage of our country and yes throwing a few money at us, we should not kiss their asses and let them flood our country for the few amount of money.
                      You so easily forget that Armenians were taken in by muslim countries after the genocide and given a chance not to just survive but prosper. Countries like Syria, Jordan, Iran, Iraq, Lebanan... are all majority muslim countries who took the survivors of the genocide and gave us a chance to rebuild and live. You are being very closed minded regarding muslims but i hope for your sake that you are young and still have time to learn vs prejudge.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X