Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranians in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iranians in Armenia

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
    If you are worried about our women; well then it's up to the women in there to say no. But overall, Iran is the only country that have good relations with Armenia; politically and economically.
    I think what he means is that Armenia's resources are being used to raise people, then the people sell themselves out to other cultures. It's a bad investment for a country. This is usually the case for any country with a small population.... like Ireland, Scotland, etc.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
      I think what he means is that Armenia's resources are being used to raise people, then the people sell themselves out to other cultures. It's a bad investment for a country. This is usually the case for any country with a small population.... like Ireland, Scotland, etc.
      I apologize KanadaHye, but I still didn't understand what you meant "resources are being used to raise people, then the people sell themselves out to other cultures." If the Iranians go to Armenia and use Armenia's resources and make RA's economy to be used and they bring in their dollars into our country, I don't see the negative in this but the positive. Sorry I feel I didn't understand you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
        I apologize KanadaHye, but I still didn't understand what you meant "resources are being used to raise people, then the people sell themselves out to other cultures." If the Iranians go to Armenia and use Armenia's resources and make RA's economy to be used and they bring in their dollars into our country, I don't see the negative in this but the positive. Sorry I feel I didn't understand you yet.
        It all depends on the import/export exchange between the two countries. I'm not speaking politically because for sure I'm in alliance with Iran politically. However, when dealing with business, Armenians should understand the implications of buying Iranian goods and allowing Iranians (Russians, etc.) to buy up real estate. It's ok if you have the upper hand and you're collecting rent which is a source of income but if the country is selling out for the only purpose of the government to collect tax, then it doesn't help out the native citizens since they are in direct competition for real estate with people who have more buying power. As far as the women go... well, it's obvious there are more of them than men in the country since men usually leave the country for work. That's what I mean by people selling themselves out. That's just the nature of being a small country without a fully developed internal economy and industry.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Mos I agree:
          I am glad that you said it and not some Disporan like me. Armenia and Iran go a long way back and they have our support but there has to be mutual respect and a line drawn somewhere on the sand.........and yes, Iran will use Armenia to extend its own National interest.

Also, I don’t blame our women or our family values but I blame the legal representatives and the illegal operators who consider themselves Armenians.

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
          Only a fool would bite off the hand that feeds you. be thankfull for their support and business....
          Only dogs are content with hand outs...............those would be fighting words.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

We should learn from history: that we should never get too comfortable with a certain people or nation, we shouldn't suddenly accept a people into our nation with open hands and make them comfortable in our nation. Hayastan is not ready to be a multi-ethnic nation; especially when the other ethnic group are muslim.

If Iranians were Christian I may have had a little more softer view, but them as muslims and pretty much Azeri in blood, we have to distance ourselves from them and keep them from increasing in Armenia. Our people are few in numbers and tired of Armenia, our nation small and vulnerable; this is recipe for disaster.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
              We should learn from history: that we should never get too comfortable with a certain people or nation, we shouldn't suddenly accept a people into our nation with open hands and make them comfortable in our nation. Hayastan is not ready to be a multi-ethnic nation; especially when the other ethnic group are muslim.

If Iranians were Christian I may have had a little more softer view, but them as muslims and pretty much Azeri in blood, we have to distance ourselves from them and keep them from increasing in Armenia. Our people are few in numbers and tired of Armenia, our nation small and vulnerable; this is recipe for disaster.
              Excuse me, but I think that what you just said is racist. Muslims are not bad people, the fact everybody paints them as feelings-less terrorists ready to kill anyone and blow themselves up at every corner does not mean it's true, of course there are bad people, as there are everywhere, but to generalize is to be unfair.

Armenia and Armenians must look for good relationships with its neighbors, Iran has helped Armenia and Armenian people a lot by letting them express their culture inside their country. Armenia doesn't need to distance herself from the world, building good relationships is essential for every country's survival and development.
              Last edited by ashot24; 12-03-2009, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ashot24 View Post
                Excuse me, but I think that what you just said is racist. Muslims are not bad people, the fact everybody paints them as feelings-less terrorists ready to kill anyone and blow themselves up at every corner does not mean it's true, of course there are bad people, as there are everywhere, but to generalize is to be unfair.

Armenia and Armenians must look for good relationships with its neighbors, Iran has helped Armenia and Armenian people a lot by letting them express their culture inside their country. Armenia doesn't need to distance herself from the world, building good relationships is essential for every country's survival and development.
                I'm not saying Muslims are bad. I'm saying we should keep our distance from them and not welcome them as close friends; it is naive to do such a thing. It is not distancing from the world, but it's recognizing patterns of history and where people come from. Why become friendly with middle east and Arab world?? Why? What do we have in common except bloodshed? It is much better to open up to EU, our future lies there, not in the repressive backward countries of middle east.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Our future lies with the eu? Dude I can understand the hostility against the Arab and/or muslim world but do you have an idea what the eu is about? Armenia should focus on having good relations with as many nations as possible, build its economy, and encourage Armenians from the Diaspora to return to the Homeland. We don't need to enter and nwo groups like eu or whatever else they can think of next.
                  For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                  to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                    I'm not saying Muslims are bad. I'm saying we should keep our distance from them and not welcome them as close friends; it is naive to do such a thing. It is not distancing from the world, but it's recognizing patterns of history and where people come from. Why become friendly with middle east and Arab world?? Why? What do we have in common except bloodshed? It is much better to open up to EU, our future lies there, not in the repressive backward countries of middle east.
                    What do we have in common with the EU aside from Germany, England and France all screwing us over during WWI?

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                      What do we have in common with the EU aside from Germany, England and France all screwing us over during WWI?
                      Many countries have tried to use us and destroy us. But, France, England especially have never done to us what the mongols, arabs, turks have done to us, not even close. France now is a great ally of us.

We have more in common with EU than middle east, bottom line. Why should we not look up to EU, many EU countries have prospered into stable, democratic countries. I don't understand what kind of future do we have in middle east? What is the obsession to be middle eastern and be like them? Why not convert to islam?
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---

Comment

Working...
                      X