Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranians in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iranians in Armenia

Armaneni, Haykakani yev Ashoti het hamadzayn em. Hianali yerevuyt chi bayts 'sl*ts are sl*ts', parsiki het chlinen urishi het kanen, voch mi ban chi artaranalu yete urishi het anen. Sahman@ 'pakelov' kam pat kashelov bantarkel, voch mi ban chi pokhvi kani vor da tulutyan nshan a... kardzum em bun khntir@ yev ludzum@ urish tegh piti pntrenk...

Comment

Originally posted by Parskahay View Post
      ..........and come now! dont you know anything about armenian live in iran with open arms of iranians?armenians live there easily there are armenians churches in every city which have armenian citizens yet as i talked with haykakan before we didnt even allowed even one mousque to be built in yerevan there are 32 churches in Tehran! their name is not church! its Armenian chruch and especially built for us.and if you anything about politic mechanism of iran but there is place called named "majles" its english translation will be council..........
      Armenian population in Iran is slowly declining and Armenians have no future in Iran, if they can get out they will.

Fekr miconi yedoune Armani gosashtan to majles shahkar kardan? Oun badbaghte beechare heech sedayee vaseye Armania nadare. Hamash kachke bademjoune baraudar, mullaharo nemichnasee? ha

----------------------------------

The Armenians of Isfahan, a Christian minority in the land of Mullahs

This website is for sale! caucaz.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, caucaz.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

“We live like Muslims - we have to work on Sundays and we’re subject to Islamic laws. But the government does allow us to have holidays for the most important religious festivals such as Christmas or Easter”, explains Levon, a young Armenian student of Armenology at the University of Isfahan. His words are clear, namely that the central authority in Iran practices a controlled form of tolerance….

In a grotesque turn of events, fashionable Armenian cafés are deemed ‘Turkish cafés’, yet all the while proudly displaying posters commemorating the 90th anniversary of the Armenian genocide of 1915. Women wear the standard Islamic veil, but in this part of town, the fabric used is much more colourful than normal.

“We live separately from Muslims in order to protect our culture. We try to keep relations with those outside our society strictly to business”, explains Rima defensively, a smile on her lips and a certain sense of determination. “We have succeeded in keeping our community together for 400 years. We must carry on doing so.”

-----------------------------

Christians, in general, are allowed to participate in Iran's economic and social life and have achieved a high standard of living. However, Christians, including those recognized by the state as official religious minorities, have encountered officially sanctioned discrimination in the areas of employment, education, public accommodations, the legal system and property ownership (POLDIS04-06 = 4; ECDIS04-06 = 4). Many Christian schools were taken over by the government after the 1979 revolution. All Iranian students must be instructed in Islam regardless of their religion. All religion classes must be taught in Persian, and all Armenian literature classes must receive government approval. The Ministry of Education requires that all school principals, including those of Armenian parochial schools, be Muslims. Tests in Islamic theology are required for all university applications, university positions and public sector jobs. The Iranian courts had been giving lower awards and larger penalties to Christians in lawsuits over injuries or death, although some progress was made in 2003: legislation was passed to make blood money payments for Christians equal with Muslims. It is often difficult for a Christian to obtain a passport. The publication of Christian texts, while legal, rarely receives the necessary government approval. Christians in Iran have also encountered various forms of harassment by the Iranian government including torture, long-term imprisonment (with and without trial), unfair trials (often accusing them of spying or other trumped up charges), and execution. However, recently there have been no reports of arrests and executions (REPNVIOL04-06 = 0; REPVIOL04-06 = 0).
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post

Christians, in general, are allowed to participate in Iran's economic and social life and have achieved a high standard of living. However, Christians, including those recognized by the state as official religious minorities, have encountered officially sanctioned discrimination in the areas of employment, education, public accommodations, the legal system and property ownership (POLDIS04-06 = 4; ECDIS04-06 = 4). Many Christian schools were taken over by the government after the 1979 revolution. All Iranian students must be instructed in Islam regardless of their religion. All religion classes must be taught in Persian, and all Armenian literature classes must receive government approval. The Ministry of Education requires that all school principals, including those of Armenian parochial schools, be Muslims. Tests in Islamic theology are required for all university applications, university positions and public sector jobs. The Iranian courts had been giving lower awards and larger penalties to Christians in lawsuits over injuries or death, although some progress was made in 2003: legislation was passed to make blood money payments for Christians equal with Muslims. It is often difficult for a Christian to obtain a passport. The publication of Christian texts, while legal, rarely receives the necessary government approval. Christians in Iran have also encountered various forms of harassment by the Iranian government including torture, long-term imprisonment (with and without trial), unfair trials (often accusing them of spying or other trumped up charges), and execution. However, recently there have been no reports of arrests and executions (REPNVIOL04-06 = 0; REPVIOL04-06 = 0).
        It'd be nice if we took a look at the references of the above article and their true agenda, voch vok mer achkeri ashugh@ chi...

References

Helfgott, Leonard M. 1980. 'The Structural Foundations of the National Minority Problem in Revolutionary Iran.' Middle East Studies. 13:1-4.195-213.

LexisNexis. Various news reports. 1990-2006

Meron, Theodor. 1989. 'Iran's Challenge to the International Law of Human Rights.' Human Rights Internet Reporter. 13:1. 8-13.

Metz, Helen Chapin. 1987. Iran: a Country Study. 4th ed. Washington, DC: Federal Research Division, Library of Congress.

Richard, Yann. 1989. 'The Relevance of 'Nationalism' in Contemporary Iran.' Middle East Review. 21:4. 27-36.

U.S. Department of State. Country Reports on Human Rights Practices: Iran. 2000-2006.

U.S. Department of State. International Religious Freedom Report: Iran. 2001-2006.

All Iranian students must be instructed in Islam regardless of their religion. All religion classes must be taught in Persian,
        Not true. In Armenian schools Islam is NOT being taught. Only Bible (Christianity) is being taught and in Armenian not Farsi.

The Ministry of Education requires that all school principals, including those of Armenian parochial schools, be Muslims.
        Not true. There are Armenian principals in quite some schools and their number is growing.

Tests in Islamic theology are required for all university applications, university positions and public sector jobs.
        Wrong again. For religious minorities, they are being questioned about their own religion; Bible (the NT), Torah or Avesta not Koran.

It is often difficult for a Christian to obtain a passport.
        I got mine in less than six days.

The publication of Christian texts, while legal, rarely receives the necessary government approval.
        There are plenty books being printed in Iran today about Christianity. And they are all available in churchs' libraries and elsewhere.
        Last edited by Lucin; 12-04-2009, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
          ..... voch vok mer achkeri ashugh@ chi....
          But that is what I am saying lucin jan, it would be crazy to think we are fully welcomed...........we are tolerated and been there long time. Don’t look at our friendly Iranian friends/neighbors; you have to consider the Islamic government.

Anyway your right about the bias on my second link, I renewed my own passport from US in less than a month. The reason is so quick now and days is because of Iranian economy and they are encouraging travel.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

I'm glad Lucin is in this discussion to give a perspective of Armenian life inside Iran.
            Between childhood, boyhood,
            adolescence
            & manhood (maturity) there
            should be sharp lines drawn w/
            Tests, deaths, feats, rites
            stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
              It'd be nice if we took a look at the references of the above article and their true agenda, voch vok mer achkeri ashugh@ chi...

Not true. In Armenian schools Islam is NOT being taught. Only Bible (Christianity) is being taught and in Armenian not Farsi.

Not true. There are Armenian principals in quite some schools and their number is growing.

Wrong again. For religious minorities, they are being questioned about their own religion; Bible (the NT), Torah or Avesta not Koran.

I got mine in less than six days.

There are plenty books being printed in Iran today about Christianity. And they are all available in churchs' libraries and elsewhere.
              Thanks for your input Lucin jan, I agree on two accounts; I mean your previous post also about some of the women in RA being loose. If not Iranians those immorals would carry on with other 'shoons'. What can anyone do for them? If their mothers didn't teach them to be moral, what can anyone else do? Nothing.

Now about your post above, it seems to me that the Persians/Iranians are even more progressive and open minded in Iran than the Egyptians. I don't know it now, but when I was a child and early teenagehood in Cairo, Egypt, in the American Missionary school, although we had Bible study classes, but we still had to go to Koraan reading classes even as Chiristian students. And at the end of each year, we had to pass governmental exams, and if we failed then we had to stay behind. About passports, it took at least one month to get a passport from them as they would return my father each time without it. Finally my mother decided that as a family we should all go and stay there until they OK'd to give us a passport. And it worked. However I don't know how easily you can get a passport nowadays. It seems to me that Iranians are more easy going with Armenians. That's nice to know.
              Last edited by Anoush; 12-04-2009, 09:59 AM.

Comment

yes eddo your right and i know those myself i just wanted to mention that its not that bad for a muslim country it could be worse
                and how come you speak persian? thats good i also speak
                i study at armenia at the moment and planning to marry and live here
                and wanted to say the reason iranians come to armenia is sex.lets ask mos if he cant satisfy his need for sex what will (s)he do?
                the fact
                iran is bad but much better than turkey and azerbaijan and other countrys
                lucin is completely right.nothing left to say really but i want to say that all cities in iran which have armenian citizens also have armenian schools which bible is being thought there
                Last edited by Parskahay; 12-04-2009, 10:28 AM.

Comment

yes eddo your right and i know those myself i just wanted to mention that its not that bad for a muslim country it could be worse
                  and wanted to say the reason iranians come to armenia is sex.lets ask mos if he cant satisfy his need for sex what will (s)he do?
                  the fact
                  lucin is completely right.nothing left to say really but i want to say that all cities in iran which have armenian citizens also have armenian schools which bible is being thought there
                  I was born and raised in Iran. Some of my best friends are Iranians and if I had to pick which Islamic country is best for Armenians it would be Iran. What I say doesn’t come lightly to me; I still have strong emotions to the land I was born and bled in. I just don’t think we have a good future under this Islamic republic and to assume that Iran will unconditionally support Armenia is a mistake. This doesn’t mean Armenia should alienate herself from Iran but at the same time has to hold its own.

Now this other issue of Iranians getting their kicks in Armenia, what I have heard from others and what Mos is saying does not give me a good fuzzy feelings at all. Armenia small country, it feels like our women have givin up on us, I know it is silly but that is how I feel, so I blame us the men for not controlling it to a more manageable level..............and then this danger of Armenia maybe becoming a province or a (vialet?) of Turkey in the future. Mayre tarrem.

Catharisis warning has merit people.
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

the fact
                    this is disgusting, it is basically letting Azeri Iranians rape our women. How can you support this? I don't give a xxxx about Iranians need for sex, let them xxxx themselves not xxxx our women.
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---
                    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                      Catharisis warning has merit people.
                      Indeed Eddo, Armenians from Iran are especially upset why we let Armenia to act as a regional bordello since the Armenians in Iran are generally regarded as very upstanding folk. Again I say this with pain, but what pains me the most is how 'we' let this go on, and believe me it can be stopped very easily since the law enforcement knows who is involved in this multi-million dollar "industry." There have been many cases of vigilante justice (targeting pimps and others), but this will not change the said "industry." This does not mean prostitution (as the saying goes being world's oldest profession) will be eliminated altogether, what it means it will be brought down drastically to negligible level which we can live with.

Comment

Working...
                      X