Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranians in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iranians in Armenia

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    Armenians are more related to Georgians. We've been neighbored for ages, we've united against muslim invaders and inter married frequently with Georgians.
    Historically yes, but today this seems meaningless since Armenians are not treated well in Georgia if we have such commonalities. I cannot say the same in Iran, you would hear many Iranians talk about Armenians as having historical commonalities while you would hardly hear this from any Georgian. Most Armenians leave Iran not because of bad treatment but because of the "enticements" of the West and the yearning for more (secularist) freedoms.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      Armenians are more related to Georgians. We've been neighbored for ages, we've united against muslim invaders and inter married frequently with Georgians.
      I've tried a lot to cope with Georgians, and to find anything
      we share in common that can put our nationalities on common grounds,
      but it seems like they are losing connection with us, and are collaborating
      more with the turks/azeris than us.

Comment

Originally posted by Icy View Post
        I've tried a lot to cope with Georgians, and to find anything
        we share in common that can put our nationalities on common grounds,
        but it seems like they are losing connection with us, and are collaborating
        more with the turks/azeris than us.
        The close relationship with Turkey and Azerbaijan will come to bite them in the arse (as was earlier pointed out the Azeris of Georgia are fastest growing population). We are more aware of Pan-Turkism because it hit us the hardest, but they are just as prone to be engulfed in it - actually even more so - than Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by ashot24 View Post
          You my friend are racist and very, very naive. I don't give a damn if my children grow up whatever religion or whatever nationality...I would prefer them to grow as decent human beings, who accept people's differences and are sensible and tolerant towards other's beliefs.

Most people come to that naive conclusions just because of what they've seen on television, have you ever talked to a Muslim? Have you ever been met a Muslim? I find funny how we can always talk about respect to human rights and to stop racism and hate that have done our people so much harm, and then you find the same words of hate and racism in our own people's mouths...nonsense.
          I personally know Muslims real well, and I know well that they hate us and call us “kafers” (infidels), when the time is right they will kill us without even giving us one chance. This happened in Turkey long time ago and it happened in Lebanon, Iraq, Syria, not so long ago. At least these are the ones I am aware of it. I'm not saying all Muslims hate Christians, but the grand majority does.

Read this one:

Father issued fatwa against son, letter says

Comment

You my friend are racist and very, very naive
            I am sorry you feel that way.

I don't give a damn if my children grow up whatever religion or whatever nationality...
            That's fine, but if ROA citizens took on this attitude, don't expect it to aid the survival of the Armenian nation, language, and people.

would prefer them to grow as decent human beings, who accept people's differences and are sensible and tolerant towards other's beliefs.
            That's exactly what Islam wants to prevent. It's suicidal to tolerate this type of intolerance.

Most people come to that naive conclusions just because of what they've seen on television, have you ever talked to a Muslim? Have you ever been met a Muslim?
            I haven't talked to or met a Muslim, but knowing what their own religious book says and listening to what their own scholars say should be enough to develop an opinion on their lifestyle, values, culture, etc. and what they want for the world and for themselves.

I find funny how we can always talk about respect to human rights and to stop racism and hate that have done our people so much harm, and then you find the same words of hate and racism in our own people's mouths...nonsense.
            As an Atheist, you'll find me to be a wholly committed supporter of Human Rights, which is exactly why I'm against Islam. Islam isn't a personal religion or spiritual endeavor, it is a fully outlined way of government and life whose people are instructed not to tolerate anything their book doesn't deem worthy enough of life, existence etc. Like I said, it's suicidal to tolerate this type of intolerance.

Comment

"I haven't talked to or met a Muslim"- that says a lot

"As an Atheist, you'll find me to be a wholly committed supporter of Human Rights, which is exactly why I'm against Islam. Islam isn't a personal religion or spiritual endeavor, it is a fully outlined way of government and life whose people are instructed not to tolerate anything their book doesn't deem worthy enough of life, existence etc. Like I said, it's suicidal to tolerate this type of intolerance."
              Thats funny that you reach such conclusions when muslims countries like Iran, syria, lebanan have embraced Armenians yet here you are, never having even met a muslim, condeming them all to hell- who here is the intolorant one? I have no love for any religion but that doesnt stop me from being friends with people of any religion.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                "I haven't talked to or met a Muslim"- that says a lot

"As an Atheist, you'll find me to be a wholly committed supporter of Human Rights, which is exactly why I'm against Islam. Islam isn't a personal religion or spiritual endeavor, it is a fully outlined way of government and life whose people are instructed not to tolerate anything their book doesn't deem worthy enough of life, existence etc. Like I said, it's suicidal to tolerate this type of intolerance."
                Thats funny that you reach such conclusions when muslims countries like Iran, syria, lebanan have embraced Armenians yet here you are, never having even met a muslim, condeming them all to hell- who here is the intolorant one? I have no love for any religion but that doesnt stop me from being friends with people of any religion.
                They've tolerated Armenians because they're Christian and their book tells them to tolerate Christians and xxxs. This is exactly what I said. They tolerate whoever their book deems tolerable. Will they tolerate Atheist Armenians? Will they tolerate Armenians who say Mohammad liked to cross dress?

Meeting one or talking to one doesn't matter, the issue here isn't whether or not individual Muslims are good people or whether or not all Muslims are bad. If Muslims in L.A or N.Y or anywhere else are good and tolerant people, the only thing that means is that they're not very good Muslims because their book tells them otherwise.

Buy a Karan and/or listen to their scholars:

Last edited by Muhaha; 12-04-2009, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
                  I personally know Muslims real well, and I know well that they hate us and call us “kafers” (infidels), when the time is right they will kill us without even giving us one chance. This happened in Turkey long time ago and it happened in Lebanon, Iraq, Syria, not so long ago. At least these are the ones I am aware of it. I'm not saying all Muslims hate Christians, but the grand majority does.

Read this one:

Father issued fatwa against son, letter says
                  That's radical Islam, as well as there is radical Christianity, and people everywhere wanting to kill you just because you don't share their same point of view. That's intolerance and hatred towards others beliefs and it's everywhere, not just in one religion or one human group, the majority of people is intolerant and although they say "I am not intolerant" they are, of course there are Muslim people who hate Christians and vice versa and everybody hates each other. Any wonders on why we aren't becoming better people?

Originally posted by Muhaha View Post
                  That's exactly what Islam wants to prevent. It's suicidal to tolerate this type of intolerance.

I haven't talked to or met a Muslim, but knowing what their own religious book says and listening to what their own scholars say should be enough to develop an opinion on their lifestyle, values, culture, etc. and what they want for the world and for themselves.

As an Atheist, you'll find me to be a wholly committed supporter of Human Rights, which is exactly why I'm against Islam. Islam isn't a personal religion or spiritual endeavor, it is a fully outlined way of government and life whose people are instructed not to tolerate anything their book doesn't deem worthy enough of life, existence etc. Like I said, it's suicidal to tolerate this type of intolerance.
                  You obviously don't know anything about Islam, or their people, or their culture, or what they believe, what they stand for, 'cause you obviously haven't even bothered to open a page of the Quoran, or even talk REALLY to some of them. There is not any religion in the entirely world who says "Thou shall hate everyone who is not like us, God gives you the full right to kill those who are not like us", and if you really think so, poor you. Every religion for different they are claims we all have to live as brothers and respect each other, do good no matter to whom you do it. It is the same people who misunderstands and starts killing in the name of their Gods, because they didn't understand or didn't want to understand, 'cause there is no worse deaf that he who doesn't want to hear, that "brothers" means "EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD".

It is OK if you are an Atheist, it is you right. You claim to support human rights?, then you are a hypocrite, excuse me. One of the basic human rights say everyone has religious freedom and the freedom to believe in what they want, who are you to tell who is right or wrong in their beliefs? No, you're racist...don't confuse racism and dislike of other's beliefs with respect for human rights.
                  Last edited by ashot24; 12-04-2009, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Muhaha View Post
                    They've tolerated Armenians because they're Christian and their book tells them to tolerate Christians and xxxs. This is exactly what I said. They tolerate whoever their book deems tolerable. Will they tolerate Atheist Armenians? Will they tolerate Armenians who say Mohammad liked to cross dress?

Meeting one or talking to one doesn't matter, the issue here isn't whether or not individual Muslims are good people or whether or not all Muslims are bad.
                    You need to start looking at people as human beings vs religious robots. There are big differences among people in the same religious groups-they do not all think or act the same.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

You obviously don't know anything about Islam, or their people, or their culture, or what they believe, what they stand for, 'cause you obviously haven't even bothered to open a page of the Quoran, or even talk REALLY to some of them.
                      Yeah, obviously, I'm sitting here making things up.

There is not any religion in the entirely world who says "Thou shall hate everyone who is not like us, God gives you the full right to kill those who are not like us", and if you really think so, poor you.
                      Okay, cool, can you point to the part of Sharia Law that guarantees rights to people who aren't Muslims, xxxs, and Christians? Thanks.

Every religion for different they are claims we all have to live as brothers and respect each other, do good no matter to whom you do it.
                      No, not every Religion, Not Islam.

It is the same people who misunderstands and starts killing in the name of their Gods, because they didn't understand or didn't want to understand, 'cause there is no worse deaf that he who doesn't want to hear, that "brothers" means "EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD".
                      Except when it comes to Islam, that isn't really a misunderstanding.

It is OK if you are an Atheist, it is you right. You claim to support human rights?, then you are a hypocrite, excuse me. One of the basic human rights say everyone has religious freedom and the freedom to believe in what they want, who are you to tell who is right or wrong in their beliefs?
                      So I'm supposed to support a Religion that wants to take away Religious freedom? Why should anyone tolerate the intolerant? I'm not telling them they're wrong, I'm not asking them to become Atheists, I'm not advocating anything that would force my beliefs onto others, All I'm doing is telling them to mind their own business. However, they aretelling me I'm wrong and don't want to allow me to live as an Atheist. What kind of rights would an Atheist have in an Islamic world?

No, you're racist...don't confuse racism and dislike of other's beliefs with respect for human rights.
                      You don't know what the word Racism means, nobody here is talking about races. I also don't have a "Dislike" of other people's beliefs, all I have a "Dislike" for is people who want to tell me how to live.

Comment

Working...
                      X