Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia stands today because of Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: armenia stands today because of iran?

We can thank a lot of countries for a lot of things, but that's the furthest things should go, a thank you. Pretending certain countries are Armenia's brothers in arms or anything of the kind is suicidal.

Comment

Re: Armenia stands today because of Iran?

Iran, Armenia to make TV series
      Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:00:30 GMT

Iran's cultural attaché to Armenia has announced that the two countries have reached a preliminary agreement to make a joint TV series.

Speaking at a meeting with Armenian cultural officials, Reza Atufi said that the joint venture would expand cinematic ties between the two countries, and that it would portray the social and cultural life of Iran and Armenia.

Iranian director, Qasem Jafari, who has directed a number of well received TV series and flicks, said he would hand in a script to Armenian cultural officials soon.

The Armenian Deputy Director of Public Television and Radio, Levon Galstian, stated that the joint TV series would familiarize the two nations with each others' culture and lifestyle.

Garegin Zakoian, the Armenian National Cinematheque's director concluded that the project will revitalize Armenia's filmmaking industry.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

I am an Armenian from Iran too, but I do not want to call myself ''parska-hay'', but rather an Armenian. Compared too other countries, Iran has treated the Armenian minority good. It is true that most Iranians respect Armenians, but there have been enough stories of how they tortured and killed dozens of Armenians who raised their voice for various reasons.

At this moment, they are our political allies, not more not less. Their culture has been totally destroyed, and is one of the most dirtiest I know today. More than half of the youth uses drugs (opium), have become gay and have lost sense of reality.

In the old days, we had our own Armenian neighbourhoods, where those filthy muslims did not come. We had our own groups who walked down the street, checking if it were Armenians, if not they would get beaten and sometimes stabbed. We sold our houses only to Armenians, the shops were Armenians, everything was Armenian.

Now everybody has fled, the Persian have moved in too. Assimilation is great, enormous. I have been there last time, and I thought I was in Gaymenia. Armenian youth, all having long hair, earrings, using drugs, having sex with Iranians (gays). They also have a lot of Iranian friends (where in the past we only were with Armenians, and dated only Armenians).

They are no Armenians anymore, much less than in the past. Most of the youth have assimilated, I have counted one normal looking Armenian guy in the latest wedding, who had normal hair and behaved normally, that was an Armenian from Armenia.

No, the good times are over for us Armenians in Iran. Iranian culture is a disgrace, and we must watch out that those drug-sex-pedofile addicted people do not ruin our own country too. Ofcourse, there are also enough normal Iranian families, but the danger is in the bad part.
        Last edited by Tigranakert; 01-27-2010, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
          I am an Armenian from Iran too, but I do not want to call myself ''parska-hay'', but rather an Armenian. Compared too other countries, Iran has treated the Armenian minority good. It is true that most Iranians respect Armenians, but there have been enough stories of how they tortured and killed dozens of Armenians who raised their voice for various reasons.

At this moment, they are our political allies, not more not less. Their culture has been totally destroyed, and is one of the most dirtiest I know today. More than half of the youth uses drugs (opium), have become gay and have lost sense of reality.

In the old days, we had our own Armenian neighbourhoods, where those filthy muslims did not come. We had our own groups who walked down the street, checking if it were Armenians, if not they would get beaten and sometimes stabbed. We sold our houses only to Armenians, the shops were Armenians, everything was Armenian.

Now everybody has fled, the Persian have moved in too. Assimilation is great, enormous. I have been there last time, and I thought I was in Gaymenia. Armenian youth, all having long hair, earrings, using drugs, having sex with Iranians (gays). They also have a lot of Iranian friends (where in the past we only were with Armenians, and dated only Armenians).

They are no Armenians anymore, much less than in the past. Most of the youth have assimilated, I have counted one normal looking Armenian guy in the latest wedding, who had normal hair and behaved normally, that was an Armenian from Armenia.

No, the good times are over for us Armenians in Iran. Iranian culture is a disgrace, and we must watch out that those drug addicted people do not ruin our own country too.

I don't think having long hair makes you gay. Maybe you meant it in another way but i dought many people turn gay caus its a fab. I dought the muslims there are as ass loving as you make them out to be either.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

No, the good times are over for us Armenians in Iran. Iranian culture is a disgrace, and we must watch out that those drug addicted people do not ruin our own country too.
            Sounds like 1960's/70's America.... dazed and confused.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Haykakan, because of the extremist policy of the regime, it has effected the youth a lot. By seperating them (girls and boys), they do not grow up in a normal way. I have heard (and seen) a lot of stories, where boys, because of their limitations to meet girls, just have sex with other boys.

This did not affect our Armenian community because we had no seperation of boys and girls. Also, the Armenians did not have Iranian friends, they just saw them as someone who we could do business with.

Times have changed, our neighbourhoods are totally filled with Iranians, their culture has devastated our Armenian culture. Whereas in the old days, we would dance as Armenians, listen to Armenian music at our weddings, now more than half of the music is Iranian, they dance like Iranians and they do not feel as Armenian as they did in the past.

This is the reality nowadays.
              Last edited by Tigranakert; 01-30-2010, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Haykakan, because of the extremist policy of the regime, it has effected the youth a lot. By seperating them (girls and boys), they do not grow up in a normal way. I have heard (and seen) a lot of stories, where boys, because of their limitations to meet girls, just have sex with other boys.
                They have no sheep in Iran? Gadag genem

There is a lot of indecent behaviour among youth across the world mostly due to lack of parental guidance... I find it hard to believe that it's as widespread in Iran as it sounds.
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Trusting IRAN!?!?!?! Thats madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Army View Post
                    Trusting IRAN!?!?!?! Thats madness.
                    Well, trusting turcks has not been working out so well so.. Not that we should trust anyone but ourselves anyways but armenians and iranians are more closely related to each other then to anyone else.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

i also agree with haykakan.they already helped alot in recognition of armenian genocideand.

HOW come turkey have more gas problems in winter than armenia?cause iran sells gas to armenia nearly free when compared to the worldwide price

tigranakert there are alot of iran-born armenians in armenia just like you and me which can speak persian.for example there are 6 friends one of them is iranian and the other five are iran-born armenians.they are in a restaurant.and they speak persian so their friend can also understand.they are many more things like this which make you think there are more iranians than armenians.and many of them have house in armenia but dont live in it and they just visit it time to time when they come to armenia so they dont need to rent a hotel.cause house and car is much cheaper in armenia and its expensive in iran due to economical pulses.most of iranians in armenia are just here to visit and have the the fun that they cannot have in their country like getting drunk or dance and have fun with opposite sex in nights.they dont live in armenia.but of course there are some who migrated to armenia.but i like it personally.cause we need more citizens."Tehran" capital of iran have 7.5 million people in it.but the whole armenia have 4 million which is lame

Comment

Working...
                      X