Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ethnic Iranians(turks or azeries or whatever)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ethnic Iranians(turks or azeries or whatever)

Originally posted by Parskahay View Post
    mos i completely understand you cause i was thinking like you about persians.they are not as bad as west think they are.its just their government who is "bad".not the people.i never judge a people by their government and you should'nt as well.

i forget to mention that ancient persian language is very similar with the armenian language.showing we had close relations in the past.i mean before it got arabified(god damn arabs)
    I don't think persians on the whole are bad people, I just have had bad experience with Persian hooligans in Yerevan + I'm not fond of Armenia being to close with Iran government, for now, given the political situation.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

If Iran's government collapses then that would be bad due to the instability it would cause. I would prefer Iran to become a democratic secular state like Lebanon, but would prefer a peaceful and stable transition to a violent abrupt one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
        For the 50th time, I've never proposed a theocracy! Read my points more closely. Second of all, Iran is backward and its economy is falling because of the sanctions. Why else is that student movement increasing so much.

I have a right to have prejudice against Muslims because for much of history they've persecuted us and massacred us. Don't turn a blind eye, during Karabakh war many muslim nations were united in supporting Azerbaijan. I'm not ready all of sudden to go embrace all Muslims, that is just foolish to do. only foolish dashnaks go embrace muslim terrorists.

You don't call hanging women from cranes backwards? What is that progressive? You want to be friends with country that supports that?
        You do not have a clue what you are talking about. Iran backward? Are you really trying to discuss, or do you want to shout whatever you want? Most of the countries in the world would not survive such sanctions, in contrary, Iran has got stronger after the Iraqi-war!

You do not have the right to prejudice muslims, because it is not islam, but the Turks (more Kemalists, non-islamists) that have done us harm. You know that, but you just ignore all facts. We have to thank the muslims in Syria for accepting the genocide survivers. Prefer to hate Great Britain or Germany, who helped those damn Turks to kill us. You are the one who is foolish and dangerous.

I want to bet America has killed more innocent people, in a cruel way, than Iran has. I do not give a xxxx what the internal politics are in America, Iran or any other nation in the world. I think of what is best for Armenia, and Iranians, who are culturally more developed than Americans, are our allies and we need to maintain friendly relationship with them. Not just with them, but with every country in the world, including muslim countries, ESPECIALLY if you look at our geographic location.

I know this is in vein, because you ignore everything, just a simple racist mind.

I don't think persians on the whole are bad people, I just have had bad experience with Persian hooligans in Yerevan + I'm not fond of Armenia being to close with Iran government, for now, given the political situation.
        Given the political situation Armenia is in now, it is not wise to be close with Iran? Haha! What a joke Given the political situation now, with two enemies on the left and right and a Turkish-loving country like Georgia on the north, it is VERY important to have good relations and to maintain close ties with Iran.

You are hilarious. You talk like an Azeri spy who wants to create a wedge between Armenians and our ally, Iranians. Even mentioning in another topic ''not to intervene in Georgia''. I guess Levon Ter Petrosyan is your hero.
        Last edited by Tigranakert; 03-02-2010, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
          You are hilarious. You talk like an Azeri spy who wants to create a wedge between Armenians and our ally, Iranians. Even mentioning in another topic ''not to intervene in Georgia''. I guess Levon Ter Petrosyan is your hero.
          Iranians are not our allies. Just because they give us some gas doesn't mean we should kiss their vor. Iranians are just economic partners and they should remain so. I have to emphasize that we should not try to ally with many nations. Any nation especially large ones like Iran look to Armenia has a country to use. Our only ally right now is Russia and they too might sell us given the chance for Azeri oil or another benefit. It is childish to go around saying these people are our allies and these people are our enemies. World is not black and white.

Also, don't go to childish levels by saying I'm Azeri spy. If you want to call me names say it to my face.
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
            Iranians are not our allies. Just because they give us some gas doesn't mean we should kiss their vor. Iranians are just economic partners and they should remain so. I have to emphasize that we should not try to ally with many nations. Any nation especially large ones like Iran look to Armenia has a country to use. Our only ally right now is Russia and they too might sell us given the chance for Azeri oil or another benefit. It is childish to go around saying these people are our allies and these people are our enemies. World is not black and white.

Also, don't go to childish levels by saying I'm Azeri spy. If you want to call me names say it to my face.
            Although I agree with your point of view, Armenia is like like a sardine in the ocean and needs some sharks as friends. As cruel as this may sound, the world revolves around people using each other for their own benefit and Armenia has to continue playing the "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" game until they are in the position to tell others what to do.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
              Although I agree with your point of view, Armenia is like like a sardine in the ocean and needs some sharks as friends. As cruel as this may sound, the world revolves around people using each other for their own benefit and Armenia has to continue playing the "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" game until they are in the position to tell others what to do.
              But we are economic partners with Iran. More than that is unnecessary. Just because we have some language/cultural similarity doesn't mean we should be allies. If one takes that logic than our best allies should be the Georgians & Azeris.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---

Comment

Every nation needs a close ally, these days at least its more the merrier. Anyway not every nation technically sanctions Iran, I can buy many foods that are made in Iran in the local supermarket. It's a date. They speak about all these alleged sanctions but....
                Iran

New Zealand has had an Embassy in Tehran since 1975, making it New Zealand's longest-standing mission in the Middle East. In the year to June 2007 New Zealand exports to Iran were worth NZ$129.95 million, with butter, milk powder and wool being the major export commodities. Imports in the same period amounted to NZ$49.72 million and consisted mainly of petroleum products (91%) and dates and figs, along with smaller quantities of carpets and grapes. Iran is a growing market for a range of New Zealand products and services, including education, electronics, software systems, geothermal expertise and CNG technology, air traffic control services, agricultural technology and sophisticated construction materials. A Joint Ministerial Commission (JMC) was established in 1985 to discuss and advance trade and economic relations. The last meeting of the JMC (Eighth Session) was in Tehran in April 2002, with New Zealand represented by the Minister for Trade Negotiations. A Political and Economic Cooperation Commission (PECC) has now replaced the JMC. The PECC offers a framework for the continuation of high-level visits and has a broader scope that better reflects the political and commercial relationship. The inaugural meeting of the PECC took place on in Wellington on 7-9 March 2005. The second meeting was held in Tehran on 8 November 2006.

Iran is a growing market for a range of New Zealand products and services, including electronics, software systems, geothermal expertise, CNG technology, air traffic control services and fisheries resource management services.

Yep. We are putting crippling sanctions on Iran, we don't get our oil from them honest.
                Last edited by hipeter924; 03-02-2010, 08:07 AM.

Comment

You are talking about another subject. Having an ally does NOT mean that we have to depend on them. I do not say they are our saviour, I just comment on your other remarks where you denigrate Persians and other muslims for a reason that is just false.

I have never mentioned we should kiss their ass, you are the one who is talking childish. If you like it or not, in the current geopolitical situation there are nations whose ideology is based upon the destruction of the Armenian nation, and there are also countries who do not have this ideology.

Countries who seek to destroy the Armenian nation now, like Azerbaijan and Turkey, we call our main enemies. Countries who have shown a friendly attitude the last couple of decades, or who have supported us in numerous ways, are usually called allies. I find it completely logical.

Comment

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post

Yep. We are putting crippling sanctions on Iran, we don't get our oil from them honest.
                    It's all B.S., U.S. trade with Iran increases tenfold under Bush administration
                    Bull semen, snowmobiles and weapons on surprising list of exports
                    http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2008/0...bullsemen.html

Don't ask me what they do with Bull semen
                    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

It's all B.S., U.S. trade with Iran increases tenfold under Bush administration
                      Bull semen, snowmobiles and weapons on surprising list of exports
                      http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2008/0...bullsemen.html

Don't ask me what they do with Bull semen
                      If so, this is reverse pyschology. When the President says he wants to increase sanctions, he actually means he is announcing a trade increase with Iran.

Comment

Working...
                      X