Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

An open message from an Iranian-Azerbaijani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An open message from an Iranian-Azerbaijani

Many people don't understand this, but there is a large difference between Iranian-Azerbaijanis and actual "Azerbaijanis". Now you may think that most of us from the various videos on Youtube from "Azeris", think we're Turks and want to have Turkish language schools. No, we think we're Iranian, we know we're Persian from facts and we have always been. We have no interest in Turkish language schools, Turks invaded us in the 9th century and forced their rape-language on us.

We Iranian-Azerbaijanis actually love Armenia, of course we hate the Arab-backed Iranian facist regime, in the same way our Kurdish, Tajik, Bakhtiari, Talysh and all other dozens of Iranian ethnic groups do. Iran is truly the melting pot of the Iranians, all Iranian ethnic groups feel at peace here and mix together, even Armenians, who are not an Iranian ethnic group but have always had a close cultural connection. The majority of Irans Kurdish population actually wants Kurdistan to unite with Iran, not to separate, in fact most of the ethnic groups in Iran believe in a Pan-Iranist view.

Something absolutely awful is happening right now in "Turkish" Northern Azerbaijan, the soviet era Turkification programs are being instilled, massive propaganda is going into making these people believe they are Turks. Azerbaijan is a satellite state of Turkey, and it does not in any way speak for Iranian Azerbaijanis. We know very well of the history, we know how the Turkic tribes slaughtered our people in the 9th century, and how they slaughtered yours in 1915. Pan-Turkism is truly destroying Azerbaijan, while the majority of Azerbaijan still believes they are Iranian and are damn proud, there are a minority of brainwashed Pan-Turkists... that is growing, what their agenda is? Well, I'll let you figure it out... because I can't.

Who are the Azeris?:
    Source list:1. Miniature Empires: A Historical Dictionary of the Newly Independent States by James Minahan, published in 2000, page 202. Lendering, Jona. "At...

Anti-Pan-Turkism rally:
    anti turkic, khorramdin, north iran, iranian heroes, azerbaijan heroes, anti propaganda, babek castle, anti turkish, azerbaycan, قلعه بابک, azarbaijan, azerbaijan, fuck pan-turks, pan-turk lies, proud iranians, aryan pride, iranic warriors, hail Iran, ایران بزرگ, ایرانزمین

In all honesty, I feel a closer connection to Armenians than I do with "Azerbaijanis", everytime I see that crescent moon and star in the middle of the "Azeri" flag it just makes me angry.

Re: An open message from an Iranian-Azerbaijani

Welcome Azar to our forum,hope you join our conversations.
    Last edited by UrMistake; 08-05-2010, 05:57 AM.

Comment

I have always stated the difference between the Turkic Tatars who usurped the name "Azerbaijan", and the actual Azerbaijani people, with whom we've had good relations for many centuries and next to whom many Armenians live in peace and prosperity. I always recall the difference to many who don't know, and I must say I appreciate your words very much.

Indeed, I know that the majority of Iranian-Azerbaijanis know who they are, what are their origins and their history, and despise to hear the pan-Turkic claims of the brainwashed "Azeries", calling for violence and ethnic tension in Iranian Azerbaijan so they can fulfill their unreal expansionist ideals. Hopefully, the majority of people in Iranian Azerbaijan don't buy their stories, however that number is increasing, and I believe something must be done.

I also indeed welcome you to the forum, and hope you can join us in our conversations.

Comment

Originally posted by Azar View Post
        Many people don't understand this, but there is a large difference between Iranian-Azerbaijanis and actual "Azerbaijanis". Now you may think that most of us from the various videos on Youtube from "Azeris", think we're Turks and want to have Turkish language schools. No, we think we're Iranian, we know we're Persian from facts and we have always been. We have no interest in Turkish language schools, Turks invaded us in the 9th century and forced their rape-language on us.

We Iranian-Azerbaijanis actually love Armenia, of course we hate the Arab-backed Iranian facist regime, in the same way our Kurdish, Tajik, Bakhtiari, Talysh and all other dozens of Iranian ethnic groups do. Iran is truly the melting pot of the Iranians, all Iranian ethnic groups feel at peace here and mix together, even Armenians, who are not an Iranian ethnic group but have always had a close cultural connection. The majority of Irans Kurdish population actually wants Kurdistan to unite with Iran, not to separate, in fact most of the ethnic groups in Iran believe in a Pan-Iranist view.

Something absolutely awful is happening right now in "Turkish" Northern Azerbaijan, the soviet era Turkification programs are being instilled, massive propaganda is going into making these people believe they are Turks. Azerbaijan is a satellite state of Turkey, and it does not in any way speak for Iranian Azerbaijanis. We know very well of the history, we know how the Turkic tribes slaughtered our people in the 9th century, and how they slaughtered yours in 1915. Pan-Turkism is truly destroying Azerbaijan, while the majority of Azerbaijan still believes they are Iranian and are damn proud, there are a minority of brainwashed Pan-Turkists... that is growing, what their agenda is? Well, I'll let you figure it out... because I can't.

Who are the Azeris?:
        Source list:1. Miniature Empires: A Historical Dictionary of the Newly Independent States by James Minahan, published in 2000, page 202. Lendering, Jona. "At...

Anti-Pan-Turkism rally:
        anti turkic, khorramdin, north iran, iranian heroes, azerbaijan heroes, anti propaganda, babek castle, anti turkish, azerbaycan, قلعه بابک, azarbaijan, azerbaijan, fuck pan-turks, pan-turk lies, proud iranians, aryan pride, iranic warriors, hail Iran, ایران بزرگ, ایرانزمین

In all honesty, I feel a closer connection to Armenians than I do with "Azerbaijanis", everytime I see that crescent moon and star in the middle of the "Azeri" flag it just makes me angry.
        Welcome Azar. I appreciate your sentiments.
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Damet garm dadash….rosh oumadine (Well said, welcome to the forum)
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by ashot24 View Post
            I have always stated the difference between the Turkic Tatars who usurped the name "Azerbaijan", and the actual Azerbaijani people, with whom we've had good relations for many centuries and next to whom many Armenians live in peace and prosperity. I always recall the difference to many who don't know, and I must say I appreciate your words very much.

Indeed, I know that the majority of Iranian-Azerbaijanis know who they are, what are their origins and their history, and despise to hear the pan-Turkic claims of the brainwashed "Azeries", calling for violence and ethnic tension in Iranian Azerbaijan so they can fulfill their unreal expansionist ideals. Hopefully, the majority of people in Iranian Azerbaijan don't buy their stories, however that number is increasing, and I believe something must be done.

I also indeed welcome you to the forum, and hope you can join us in our conversations.
            The thing about these Turkish ultra-nationalists is that they always need a group to go against, an 'aggressor' basically, and for Northern Azerbaijan they want to make the aggressor Armenians and for Southern Azerbaijan they want to make it Iranians, this is just plain hateful racism. Turkish ultra-nationalists should not be allowed to promote racist attacks or hatred neither from inside Azerbaijan or outside. When Northern Azerbaijan understands the deep rooted cultural connection between not only all Iranian ethnic groups and as well Armenians they will realize that being a slave or better said a puppet of Turkish right-wing neo-facist groups is not going to bring about peace in Iranian Azerbaijan nor Northern Azerbaijan.

I truly hope some day the facist regimes in all Iranian lands will be gone and there will be a revival of Iranian intellectualism, to truly move the world forward instead of backwards. I have full solidarity with my Iranian and Armenian brothers in their struggles. May some day in the future our cultural connections be re-kindled and our kindred lands be free, I hope that this age we're going through is just a phase leading up to true peace.

Comment

Welcome, Azar! Pan-Turkist dreams are baseless and are going nowhere. I've seen some videos on youtube of Turks even claiming Northern Iraq, although Turkmens are only a minority there...

North Azerbaijan should indeed unite with South Azerbaijan, though under the Iranian flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Davo88 View Post
                Welcome, Azar! Pan-Turkist dreams are baseless and are going nowhere. I've seen some videos on youtube of Turks even claiming Northern Iraq, although Turkmens are only a minority there...

North Azerbaijan should indeed unite with South Azerbaijan, though under the Iranian flag.
                Of course, I would love to see Northern Azerbaijan unite with Iran, that would be amazing.

Comment

Very interesting post Azar. And welcome to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Azar View Post

Who are the Azeris?:

Anti-Pan-Turkism rally:

Well, Azar you are a modern "Iranian" in the sense that you are making no effort to be even slightly believable, and hold religious and national dogma to be more important than truth.
                    What you claim is actually the reverse of the truth. The truth is that the population that lives in Iranian Azerbaijan is mostly ethnically Turkish, and the population of the Azerbaijan Republic is mostly Iranian with a mix of many Caucasian ethnic groups.
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                    X