Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

An example of Armenian-Turkish friendship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An example of Armenian-Turkish friendship

Originally posted by levon View Post
    Young Turks? WTF. F&ck turks. There is no friendship with enemies. Cooperation, maybe? Business, maybe? Friendship, f&ck no. What's your agenda here, azar? Turkish propaganda to get the diaspora Armenians more sympathetic with Turkey? If, not, then please explain, because you first come here and start promoting the azeris in Iran as an iranian group not to be confused with turks, then you post this? So, we should read what you have to say because, "obviously" it wouldn't be in your agenda to start slowly pushing the "armenian-turkish" friendship bullsh!t. Please, explain, I'm interested.
    Grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Azar View Post
      Grow up.
      If you can't explain your intentions, then please, refrain from demeaning replies such as the one above.
      Now, I ask again. Explain your intentions.

Comment

If you can't explain your intentions, then please, refrain from demeaning replies such as the one above.
        Now, I ask again. Explain your intentions.
        Young Turks? WTF. F&ck turks. There is no friendship with enemies.
        Grow up.

Comment

Azar, what does "growing up" mean to you? Does it mean adopting liberal attitudes?

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
            Azar, what does "growing up" mean to you? Does it mean adopting liberal attitudes?
            It means not generalizing all Turks like this and going to the point of saying that there should be no friendship between Armenians and Turks.

Comment

It means not generalizing all Turks like this and going to the point of saying that there should be no friendship between Armenians and Turks.
              Firstly, there can be no friendship without knowing at least the important points of each others histories. That being said, a group that identifies itself as Young-Turks is either extremely ignorant or knows the history behind the term and uses it with the same implications in mind. In either case, no Armenian can be friends with those people.

Second of all. I remember your saying that you are an Iranian Azeri with no connections to Turks whatsoever. What do you care of the Armenian-Turkey friendship.

Thirdly, telling someone to grow up in an attempt to evade a question is usually a good indication of hidden motives.

Finally, there can be no friendship between Armenians and Turks. You need to understand what friendship means, and I don't mean the ultra-tolerant-liberal version that encourages forgive and forget. If history has taught anything to us Armenians is that we should actually look at our past to shape our future decisions. Turks have proved again and again that they cannot be trusted, and without trust there can be no friendship. However, friendship is not necessary for business, or other ventures.

And, I'm still waiting to see what your agenda is here. Promoting iranian-azeris? Promoting Turkey-Armenia friendships? What is it, and how does it benefit Armenia and the Armenian communities in the diaspora? What is it?

Comment

It's hard to be friends with someone who denies the Armenian genocide. I think if a Turk admitted to it, it would be a good start for making friendship possible with that individual.

Of course, there are more things one can talk about with a friend and share in common with, than just the issue of the AG, so I understand those things are being sacrificed by this tough stance... But I think it's important for Armenians who care about keeping the issue alive, and not letting it be erased by "friendliness".
                Last edited by jgk3; 08-16-2010, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Firstly, there can be no friendship without knowing at least the important points of each others histories. That being said, a group that identifies itself as Young-Turks is either extremely ignorant or knows the history behind the term and uses it with the same implications in mind. In either case, no Armenian can be friends with those people.

Second of all. I remember your saying that you are an Iranian Azeri with no connections to Turks whatsoever. What do you care of the Armenian-Turkey friendship.

Thirdly, telling someone to grow up in an attempt to evade a question is usually a good indication of hidden motives.

Finally, there can be no friendship between Armenians and Turks. You need to understand what friendship means, and I don't mean the ultra-tolerant-liberal version that encourages forgive and forget. If history has taught anything to us Armenians is that we should actually look at our past to shape our future decisions. Turks have proved again and again that they cannot be trusted, and without trust there can be no friendship. However, friendship is not necessary for business, or other ventures.

And, I'm still waiting to see what your agenda is here. Promoting iranian-azeris? Promoting Turkey-Armenia friendships? What is it, and how does it benefit Armenia and the Armenian communities in the diaspora? What is it?
                  You continue to generalize Turks like mad, I have no agenda, yet you're obsessed with me having one because you're so deluded that the idea of someone who is not an Armenian showing some level of respect for Armenians offends you in some way? What's wrong with you, do you not think there are already Turks and Armenians who are friends? Do you honestly believe every single Turk living today denies the Armenian holocaust or in some way had something to do with it?

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
                  It's hard to be friends with someone who denies the Armenian genocide. I think if a Turk admitted to it, it would be a good start for making friendship possible with that individual.

Of course, there are more things one can talk about with a friend and share in common with, than just the issue of the AG, so I understand those things are being sacrificed by this tough stance... But I think it's important for Armenians who care about keeping the issue alive, and not letting it be erased by "friendliness".
                  The problem is levon was attacking all Turks, and generalizing. The idea of there being any individuality amongst Turks is foreign to his racist mind.

Comment

It's not really a tough stand, but rather a logical one.

It's important to distinguish friendship between individuals and friendship between countries. An Armenian and a Turk can be friends, as individuals are often able to look past ethnic and country lines and see each other as people, and as a result there isn't as much risk introduced by placing some blind trust onto the other person.

This scenario entirely changes when one talks about friendship between large groups of people. Groups of people are often very susceptible to propaganda and herd behavior making it much more risky to trust them. Friendship between countries is like friendship between two very large groups of people. It is usually incredibly tricky, and trust is never actually given, only declared. What we must remember is that no matter what, Turkey as a country will always place its interests above Armenia, even if individual Turks may do the opposite. This means, Armenia can never trust Turkey and thus, there can be no friendship between Armenians and Turks.

Blurring the distinction between friendship between two people and friendship between countries is a recurrent theme used by Turkish propaganda in an attempt to create "good diaspora Armenians", which just means Armenians that won't oppose further Turkish attempts at Genocide Denial. It always involves establishing the fact that individual Turks and Armenians can put their pasts behind them and become friends and encourages the generalization that Armenians and Turks can be friends. This is an attempt to get Armenians to drop their guard and give room for more Turkish propaganda to come in.

Given the way Azar has been conducting himself in this forum, I'm tempted to draw some similarities between his rhetoric and that of the Turkish propaganda machine; thus, I think it's a very reasonable request to have him explain his intentions.

Comment

You continue to generalize Turks like mad, I have no agenda, yet you're obsessed with me having one because you're so deluded that the idea of someone who is not an Armenian showing some level of respect for Armenians offends you in some way? What's wrong with you, do you not think there are already Turks and Armenians who are friends? Do you honestly believe every single Turk living today denies the Armenian holocaust or in some way had something to do with it?

The problem is levon was attacking all Turks, and generalizing. The idea of there being any individuality amongst Turks is foreign to his racist mind.
                      Mr. Azar. You have just shown how incredibly skilled you are at the art of creating an argument. Unfortunately, it involves dodging actual questions and attacking the other person with demeaning character assassinations, which is a great propaganda tactic (ironically, similar tactics were used by the Nazis), but is not conducive to the actual discussion.

Your otherwise calm demeanor throughout much of your posts has suddenly changed to an incredibly hostile one the moment I posted something negative about Turks, suggesting, at the very least, that you have some very dear sympathies tied to Turks.

Please refrain from insults. If you will not be posting actual responses, keep your insults to yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X