Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

An example of Armenian-Turkish friendship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An example of Armenian-Turkish friendship

Originally posted by Azar View Post
    On the show The Young Turks, the Co-Host of the show is an Armenian girl called Ana Kasparian.

Her addressing the show from an Armenian perspective:

She later goes on to explain her thoughts on this.

The show:
    The Young Turks is the longest-running news program online. Join hosts Cenk Uygur & Ana Kasparian LIVE weekdays 6pm ET/3pm PT. The Young Turks are fearless in talking about the issues that matter. We are a rare show that combines all of the news that people care about in one place. We cover politics, entertainment, sports, and pop culture; all through a progressive lens. What does it mean to be a “Young Turk?” According to the American Heritage Dictionary; 1. Young progressive or insurgent member of an institution, movement, or political party. 2. Young person who rebels against authority or societal expectations. Become a member of this channel and share your thoughts and opinions with the hosts live with Super Chats and Super Thanks! Just press the “Join” button to get started and gain access to custom badges and emojis.

what is your problem Azar? why did you make this thread? It's like your trying on purpose to make us all mad....Armenians are getting murdered in Turkey and you post this? You have any idea how much harm Turkey & Azerbaijan have caused for Armenia just in the last decade?

Stop it with your fantasies, stop trying to kiss our ass, and stop thinking that Iranians and Armenians are brothers.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Her intentions might be good but she should first go to the source of the problem and try to convince the b.ozkurts so that she can understand where some of our attitudes comes from...........only if I knew Turkish.

BTW, anyone can translate these from their website?
      Tek millet
      Tek Devlet
      Tek Bayrak
      Tek Dil

The xxx are b.o.z.

I can see why those that word is banned here...hahaha
      Last edited by Eddo211; 09-22-2010, 04:00 PM.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Turks concerned over Armenian author of Ataturk’s signature

September 22, 2010 | 15:02
        Turks are still concerned over the fact that the author of Ataturk’s signature is Hakob Cherchyan, Armenian by the origin, professor of the renowned Robert College.

Information saying that the author of the signature is Sabiha Gokcen has recently appeared in the Turkish press.

However, one of the local journalists from Izmir had a talk with Tigran Cherchyan, 90 year old son of Hakob Cherchyan who resides in the U.S. He called the false reports of the Turkish press, noting that the author of Ataturk’s signature was his father who had received a gratitude letter from Ataturk.

Interestingly, the author of the Turkish alphabet Hakob Dilacar (Martayan) is also of the Armenian descent. He has created Turkish alphabet and made a great contribution to the Turkish grammar and linguistics.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
          Just about every turk I have come across with on internet has shown itself to be hateful enemy of Armenians (be it Kemalist, Islamist, or Fascist).....Turks and Armenians are words apart and are nothing alike.

I will insist that the politics involvement is the cause

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post

BTW, anyone can translate these from their website?
            Tek millet
            Tek Devlet
            Tek Bayrak
            Tek Dil
            One people
            One state
            One flag
            One language

Comment

Thanks seruven
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

we can continue to play the victim role (i'm not saying we haven't been victimized) and hate the turks, but there really is no end to it. don't hold your breath for reparations, recognition, or restoration. this is from ara baliozian's blog, also from his "elegy" thread on hyeclub's forum.

Friday, September 24, 2010
                DEAD END
                Because I was critical of Armenians, I acquired several Turkish friends.
                And because I became critical of Turks, I lost them.
                Easy come, easy go.
                That's another thing Armenians share with Turks: intolerance of criticism.
                As long as they remain intolerant, reason will find no opening in their negotiations, and without reason there can be no dialogue, no compromise, and no consensus.
                After saying they are for democracy and human rights, both Turks and Armenians suppress dissent.
                Both delude themselves when they assert moral superiority.
                Who believes them?
                Only themselves.
                Asserting the reality of the Genocide and denying it has become an industry among them. Both sides refuse to see the obvious, namely that, they were so blinded by hatred of the other that they slaughtered indiscriminately whenever they had the upper hand. But because Turks were a majority, Armenian victims outnumbered Turkish victims.
                How to live in peace with their history?
                They can't.
                Hence their tendency to rewrite it.
                Free speech is a meaningless commodity to those who don't know what freedom is and whose conception of speech consists in saying “Yes, sir!”
                Armenians and Turks may reach a consensus only on the day they see reflection of themselves in the other. Until then their history will stand still.
                For an Armenian, the idea that he may be as bad as a Turk is so repellent that it might as well be treason and blasphemy.
                The same applies to Turks.
                You may now draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by armogrid View Post
                  we can continue to play the victim role (i'm not saying we haven't been victimized) and hate the turks, but there really is no end to it. don't hold your breath for reparations, recognition, or restoration. this is from ara baliozian's blog, also from his "elegy" thread on hyeclub's forum.
                  All of this is a stupid quote since himself dont see the reasons behind all of this,he see what he want to see.

This is from me"The stupidity of one is the wisdom of another" think about it...

He portered the dispute like its the fault of both parties,
                  blind we are not cause we are the one with the truth,
                  if for him this is blindness then he is lost in his thoughts ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                    stop thinking that Iranians and Armenians are brothers.
                    Prove they are not brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by Azar View Post
                      Prove they are not brothers.

I don't have to prove anything. As an Armenian I know who is our brother and who isn't. And Iranians aren't. I've spend a lot of time in Yerevan and I know how Armenians view Iranians, and it's not as brothers. They view them as just the Muslim people from the country down there, that spend a lot of money when they come as tourists. That's pretty much it.

I don't know what's with you fantasies but your real brothers are in Azerbaijan. And the Arabs, because your people have mixed with Arabs so much...
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---
                      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Working...
                      X