Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia, my heart...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

of course the apartment buildings are in the picture... i was standing by the curb waiting for my keri to finish buying something, and i had my camara on me (which was all the time) and i was like, WTF, this is an incredible view... even with the telephone wires... lol

goey, thanks, i was like, YAY! i pluged in the camara with the usb to my new computer and BAM! it worked...

Comment

Oo this was worth wating for. You took forever missy. I have seen some really great pictures of Armenia and they never fail to make me cry. I really need to go there.
      You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Emil
        Nice picture nune. Are those apartment buildings in the picture?
        Yes they are, and a sad reminder of the Soviet past in which these giant projects were undertaken.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
          Yes they are, and a sad reminder of the Soviet past in which these giant projects were undertaken.

Is the landscape of Armenia filled with those kind of apt buildings? Are they "decent?" Or can you compare them to the housing projects of Americas inner cities?

Comment

the apartments as anony just kind of hinted to, are not very good at all... some of them lack the proper water facilities for water to reach up to the top floors, so unless people need a place to live they wont go live on the top floors...

i think the architecture isn't bad at all, but the utilities like heat and water and so on, thats what is really bad... but then again when the water system in ARMENIA is owned by the greeks and the gas system is owned by another otar azg, and i can list all of this, i dont think we can blame the poor people there... its our WONDERFUL fruitful government...

just in case you are wondering WHO sold our water and gas systems to other peoplpe? LEVON TER PETROSIAN did... THAT MORON! that RETARD, did oyu know he went to turky and put flower on the grave of palat pasha? HE DID! and so did BUSH (W); bush did it before the war on iraq started...

anywho... as far as the landscape; i thin yerevan is the most metropolitan; the houses as stuck together, its crowded...

Comment

Looks exactly like Atwater Village, or Echo Park. Even the background looks the same.

Comment

loseyourname... i dont know if i can compare it to anythign or think it looks like something else...

anywho, when i was standing there i felt overwhelmed... i felt like i wanted to grab this moment, grab this picture, grab this feeling and hug it or something... i wanted to point it out to everyone; but the people who live there dont give a sh!t, they're like "ya i know, we cant go there, ya ya i know, shut up nune, i KNOW!!!" but i am an adult and i had not been to armenia ever since i left it there when i was 9... so for me and i know for so many others here; that view, that portrait, that feeling is SO BIG...

the pic is now my desktop picture... and i dont know why, but i felt like i needed to hug it... i remember how i felt.. i was like why cant i hold on to this? why cant i have it... so the next best thing was to take a picture, and forever burn it in my memory...

i hope people understand...

Comment

Working...
                X