Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Whats wrong with non-pure armenians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nunechka
    i had another professor who was truly sexist; he thought it was ok (at work! [emphasis]) to look down a girls shirt if her shirt was low enough and that if she wanted to complain she should SHUT UP because she is wearing something that is slightly low cut;
    "Sexist" my ass! If the woman doesn't want men to look at her titties she'd better cover them with some clothes.

Typically women... first you show off your bodies then you complain when men look at them.

Tell me, if you don't like it, why are you showing off your bodies in the first place?

Women are hypocrites.
    Last edited by Azgaser; 10-26-2004, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azgaser
      "Sexist" my ass! If the woman doesn't want men to look at her titties she'd better cover them with some clothes, don't you think?

Typically women... first you show off your body then you complain when men watch.

Tell me, if you don't like it, why are you showing off your bodies in the first place?

Women are hypocrites.

I actually agree with you. Except for the women are hypocrites..I just think human beings are hypocrites.
      You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

Yes, human beings are generally hypocrites, but women are sexual hypocrites.

Comment

Back to the language

I must tell you, nunechka, I'm not saying that Armenian is an Indo-European language because I WANT it to be an Indo-European language. It's pure facts. If someone could prove that it isn't I wouldn't be disappointed at all. You don't stick to facts, that seems to be your problem.

Armenian is probably a mix between an Indo-European (some Phrygian dialect) and an non-Indo-European language (Urartian).

But this is just a theory. There are historians who claim that Armenian was the language of Urartu (i.e. that Urartian was a form of proto-Armenian), and that it was never influenced by Phrygian.

we are a culture that is not connected... there is this antropologist (dead now) Margret Mead, she suggested armenian be the international language spoken at the UN because this language was the purest and cleanest of all languages...
          Armenian has many Iranian loanwords, the grammar is similar to the Turkish and Iranian (especially Turkish) and perhaps also Georgian, and the phonetic system strikingly resembles that of Georgian. There are no "pure" or "clean" languages.

anyway... our laugauge must be protected from politics and popularity... just because it makes us sound like we are intellectuals, doesnt make us european, and what is it to be european anyway, it is only in very recent years that europe has been a decent place to live...

i have nothing against them, but i am not running in a popularity contest... i am not russian, i am not german, french or anything else... i am armenian and there is proof by greek historians that we are indiginous, then lets read the freakin books... Xeneophob (i think) is very OLD (BC time)...

and there is nothing wrong with not being decendents from europe... and there is everything right with proven science and commen sense (they are our decendets not the other way around)
          First of all, our language being Indo-European doesn't necessarily mean that we aren't indigenous to the region. Your confusing language with race. What are you... 12?

Second, who said that we are Europeans or that not being European is bad!?

I'll just say that being part of any particular language family (Indo-European, Turkic, Semetic, etc...) depends greatly on similarity in gramar and conjuncture and other such things, which scholars have determined Armenian has in common with most Indo-European languages. We even share some words, for example, "Azad" means free in both Armenian and Fraci (also an Indo European language)
          Wrong. Armenian grammar is very different to that of most Indo-European (especially European) languages.

It is the large amount of words that it has in common with other Indo-European languages that indicates that Armenian is, at least partially, Indo-European.

Btw, "azad" is probably just a loanword.

Pyunik: Yawn.. are you another wannabe?
          Last edited by Azgaser; 10-26-2004, 03:55 PM.

Comment

My Halva makes all the pretty girls want to dance and take off their underpants, my halva makes all the pretty girls want to dance and take off their underpants, my Halva! Hey! My Halva!

Ahem. You guys are all idiots, let's talk about something more meaningful now.
            "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Idiots? We're not the ones that don't know who Andre Agassi is.

Comment

Originally posted by Azgaser
                Idiots? We're not the ones that don't know who Andre Agassi is.
                I'll let that newbish act of thread crossing slide, welp. You really shouldn't start making enemies so soon Mr. 47
                "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by nunechka
                  goey relax, i dont get offened when crazy people talk... i really like what anony says in one area of the forum and in another area i dont...

overall it doesnt make a difference...

he has more time in his hands and he believes everything he reads but i dont, i am critical of everything i read and i dont take everything at face value...

the reason why this world is great is because we are so different, but then again this is why people dont get along...

there are greater and bigger things then anony, and he is just one opinion, and i know that so am i...

i appreciate his critic of me, because thats exactly what we should all do... NOT TAKE EVERYTHING at face value...
                  You mean, you appreciate my "critique" of you, not "critic". If you can prove that I am a victim of believing what text books say, you should please prove that, as opposed to just stating that because it makes you look somewhat cool that you are "the critical thinker". You, my intellectually inferior friend, are anything but critical. You, like most other self-styled "critical thinkers" are anything but critical to the ideological prism which you must desperately cling to, because uncomfortable viewpoints and facts, threaten to peel the veneer of illusions which you have cloaked over you.

If you knew anything about me and my position you would know that I am anything but uncritical. Of course, you are trivial and your arguments are not even logical. All your posts in this forum have been one long diatribe after another of really no substance, other than pure emotions, not to mention the bad spelling and grammar.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Anonymouse and his grammar complexe..you know, the whole world isn't english speaking...

Who told you Nuncheka was english speaking? Assumptions..again...

Anonymouse, how many language can you speak and write? Answer to this question and I'll leave you alone with your flaming.

Comment

• ok... so anony is right, i dont use the spell checker all the time and i dont have time to make sure that every single sentence has the correct noun and verb in place... i have a job, i am a busy working woman... i got a budget to keep and am still young and can manage to talk on this forum as well as live my normal life... but you are attacking my spelling and grammaer anony jan... you are the trivial one...

ieek! danka shen aziz...

i do speak other languages and thats why my grammer may not be in tip top shame in english...

i do appreciate your critiQUE anony...

Comment

Working...
                      X