Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Glendale is for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Genuine_Stud
    Sorry to say, but we see the things we see in Glendale and some of us don't like it (and for those who "love" Glendale, you can't deny what you see there based on some of the comments Hayq made).

No one is denying anything studdly stud. The problem is many criticize all that is Armenian just beause of that population in Glendale. Maybe I'm being ignorant about this but its just not fair.
    You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

Originally posted by CatWoman
      Says who? I have many friends from other cultures, but at the end of the day I know who I am and love my culture and people. Just because we're proud of who we are, doesn't mean we're afraid to expand our horizons or aren't americanized. If you are americanized then fine... if not, then it's still ok... You know, you can be americanized and still love your people and culture and be proud of 'em. I think there is something sexy about a good looking patriotic boy, hehe. Don't forget, these rabizes, who do fraud/are in gangs/drive mercedes with welfare/fraud money don't represent us, the real Armenians are so much better than that. Really.

Exactly... Thank you!...omgosh...mine didnt come out as good as yours. loll.
      You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

Originally posted by XxgoeyxX
        Exactly... Thank you!...omgosh...mine didnt come out as good as yours. loll.
        Ehhh.... I tried

Comment

Originally posted by XxgoeyxX
          No one is denying anything studdly stud. The problem is many criticize all that is Armenian just beause of that population in Glendale. Maybe I'm being ignorant about this but its just not fair.

Frankly, I'm not impressed with the Armenians in Glendale.. and thats just that... not all...but most... sad to say.

But yea... see... criticizing anything thats Armenian is just wrong. There are MANY great Armenians in Glendale... I'm sure, but it takes a small pack of pathetic ones to ruin the image as a whole and unfortunately image is everything.

You know how many times producers and directors have asked me if I'm from Glendale and when I've said no... they've been like..."oh, good.. because i don't trust the ones from Glendale" and there was nothing I can say about it, because I knew it was true.

It's sad.... but hey, I guess when you bring the awareness of how much of a negative impact the Glendale Armenians have to the Glendale Armenians, then maybe we can see them collectively work to change and make a difference on the image that odars have on the city.

Damn.... I miss Yerevan... I want to go back.

Comment

It only looks like Armenians in Glendale are bad because the city's almost entire population is Armenian (more than 80,000 Armenians live in Glendale), so when one does something bad, ohhhh look... he was an Armenian, but thousands of others who live decent lives and have successful careers don't get noticed. And since there are so many of us, the number of the bad ones is also high, therefore noticeable.
            Last edited by CatWoman; 12-05-2004, 09:38 PM.

Comment

It only looks like Armenians in Glendale are bad because the city's almost entire population is Armenian (more than 80,000 Armenians live in Glendale), so when one does something bad, ohhhh look... he was an Armenian, but thousands of others who live decent lives and have successful careers don't get noticed. And since there are so many of us, the number of the bad ones is also high, therefore noticable.
              Yup.... unfortunately.

Comment

i must say though, we are not THAT BAD compared to other cultures as far as assimilation and acculturation goes!

take a look at indians (east indians from india)...they will disown their children and raise hell if their kids marry outside [not only their ethnicity] but also outside their religion ( i.e. sikkh vs. hindu) and kast! (or is it cast? whatever...that is the social status of the family).
                and if you don't believe me then check out the following site: www.shaadi.com ; it's not your regular hyesingles.com where they go to 'hook up' and get some a$$ it's actually a matrimonial site and i do commend them for that! it is admirable....HOWEVER!!!!!

they are truely closed minded, at least you know with armenians if one marries an anglo or hispanic or asian then they won't get nearly as much heat and HATE as if you get an indian and have them marry an 'outsider.'

besides, with armenians, we have lost a lot of our traditions, like 2 or 3 generations living under the same roof; you look at indians, omg!!! if the son gets married and he dares leave the house and moves in somewhere with his wife, the groom's parents are going to feel very abandoned and hurt and a bunch of stupid drama shall follow...when was the last time we heard an armenian family acting this way?

bottom line: we've got a ways to go, but believe me there's worse cultures to be born into!

Comment

Says who? I have many friends from other cultures, but at the end of the day I know who I am and love my culture and people. Just because we're proud of who we are, doesn't mean we're afraid to expand our horizons or aren't americanized. If you are americanized then fine... if not, then it's still ok... You know, you can be americanized and still love your people and culture and be proud of 'em. I think there is something sexy about a good looking patriotic boy, hehe. Don't forget, these rabizes, who do fraud/are in gangs/drive mercedes with welfare/fraud money don't represent us, the real Armenians are so much better than that. Really.
                  Let me get this straight. The crooked armenians are the imposters, and then there's the real Armenians? It's nice that you have many friends from different backgrounds, so my points don't really pertain to you. They are directed at those who come to a foreign nation and pretend its still Armenia. I'm Armenian and there's certain things I like about our culture/people and there are certain things I dislike. I don't really look at people and be like oh look, armenian, chinese, white, hispanic. Everyone is the same for me. (I have my dislikes in each ethnicity but thats based on specific behavior). I guess I'm in the middle right now. I wouldnt say I dislike being Armenian, but I wouldnt go as far as to parade around yelling I'm proud to be an Armenian. Honestly speaking, I don't trust fellow Armenians any more that I would trust someone from a different background. Let me ask you this, what is there to be patriotic about? Majority of Armenia is in poverty. The country is filled with corruption. In the US you have stereotyping between the different types of Armenians. Oh its a wonderful feeling being asked what type of Armenian you are by other armenians. Such unity in your culture, brings tears to my eyes. (coughs).

P.S. It's not only the rabizes who do fraud. I can point out dozens of non-rabiz persian-armenians who are scamming welfare, GAIN, in-home-support services and several other govt run programs, and lets not even start on taxes. Armenians as a whole like the whole "free lunch" concept.
                  Last edited by GSTracer05; 12-05-2004, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GSTracer05
                    Let me get this straight. The crooked armenians are the imposters, and then there's the real Armenians? It's nice that you have many friends from different backgrounds, so my points don't really pertain to you. They are directed at those who come to a foreign nation and pretend its still Armenia. I'm Armenian and there's certain things I like about our culture/people and there are certain things I dislike. I don't really look at people and be like oh look, armenian, chinese, white, hispanic. Everyone is the same for me. (I have my dislikes in each ethnicity but thats based on specific behavior). I guess I'm in the middle right now. I wouldnt say I dislike being Armenian, but I wouldnt go as far as to parade around yelling I'm proud to be an Armenian. Honestly speaking, I don't trust fellow Armenians any more that I would trust someone from a different background. Let me ask you this, what is there to be patriotic about? Majority of Armenia is in poverty. The country is filled with corruption. In the US you have stereotyping between the different types of Armenians. Oh its a wonderful feeling being asked what type of Armenian you are by other armenians. Such unity in your culture, brings tears to my eyes. (coughs).

So then why are you on an "Armenian" internet forum if you think soo low of Armenia?

If you keep looking at the negative aspects of Armenians ONLY.... then of course there's nothing you'll see positive about Armenians.

Let me ask you this? Have you been to Armenia lately?
                    Have you seen the developments there currently in contrast to five years ago?

There's nothing wrong for Armenians to come here and still think they are in Armenia. It's a FREE COUNTRY. That's whats so great about America... I mean yea.... eventually they'll have to grow out of it, but what Armenian do you know that grew out of it when the "FIRST" came to this country?

You can be Americanized all you want..... I know i am to some degree, because I was born here. But yet...I dont think highly of most Americanized Armenians either. What would they know about being patriotic when they've already assimilated

There's no shame in being patriotic about a nation in poverty... what nation hasn't been in poverty before growing into what it is today? However, there's a way to things... you're either a part of the problem (always nagging at Armenia and Armenians) or a part of a solution (recognizing the problem realistically and taking action to solve it)

All I know is... not matter how much farther the fruit falls from a tree.... you're still part of that tree regardless of whether you like the tree or not.

Comment

Originally posted by GSTracer05
                      Let me ask you this, what is there to be patriotic about? Majority of Armenia is in poverty.
                      This is the difference between true patriotism and rah-rah patriotism. The Armenians in poverty aren't there to ruin your image. You're there to give them a hand.

So you'll just wait until Armenia comes around, prospers, and then it's out with the flags and the drums? iiiiiiinteresting.. It's now your turn to bring tears to my eyes..

Comment

Working...
                      X