Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Glendale is for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gaucho

YES! my friends... did you hear that??
    LANGUAGE makes a race...
    lol
    people who just write before thinking entertain me a lot!

**trying to think of an Armenian song about "alcohol"...(say what?lol)**
    I'm seriously speechless! that might very well be the DULLEST post I've ever read on these forums.

I agree with gaucho on this.

"After all, the LANGUAGE, not culture, is what MAKES a RACE."

Comment

ok u guyz i am an armenian born in america and i love my pepole and my race and im damm proud of it and no i dont live in glendale and yes we do have a bmw and a benz but my parents dont do fraud my moms a register nurse and my dads a lawayer. and seriously were not that bad compared to other races. ok ya some do fraud but what about all those black ppl and hispanics that sell drugs, jack, do things that are illegal like if mexicans dont get welfare and work and all that other crap. sometimes its so hard for me to belive the things i hear that some armenians do but oh well its their life and i always back them up and cover it so others wont no that might be wrong but i still do it i dont want others to talk smack about our race.

Comment

Gaucho, you are a very free spirit. Knock it off.

Jews, their culture has already disappeared, but they use their faith and language as a ditermining factor.

Comment

Originally posted by gaucho
          you'll love it!!
          you'll feel like home. hehe
          every store you enter is guaranteed to have pita bread and string cheese and even NUTELLA!
          you don't have to know English... even El Pollo Loco has advertisement signs in Armo!
          if you ever fall in love with the delivery guy, your mom doesn't hate you, cuz he's armenian!!
          omg that was so cute-- its so true!! hehehehe.... but the delivery guy is ummmm OLD!! lol jk

guacho i like u ure cool... i love ure posts- theyre either really funyn or sarcastic... awesome..hehe

Comment

Originally posted by HyePrincess
            ok u guyz i am an armenian born in america and i love my pepole and my race and im damm proud of it and no i dont live in glendale and yes we do have a bmw and a benz but my parents dont do fraud my moms a register nurse and my dads a lawayer. and seriously were not that bad compared to other races. ok ya some do fraud but what about all those black ppl and hispanics that sell drugs, jack, do things that are illegal like if mexicans dont get welfare and work and all that other crap. sometimes its so hard for me to belive the things i hear that some armenians do but oh well its their life and i always back them up and cover it so others wont no that might be wrong but i still do it i dont want others to talk smack about our race.
            *Looks over that grammatical horror of a paragraph*

If you don't want odars to "talk smack", or wander onto this site and "prove us wrong", you may want to stop your posts (or at least cover them up so others wont "no"), because your lack of taking a minute to construct a half way legible post only supports their argument.

As for the topic at hand...

For starters, as I said earlier, I'd guesstimate a good 90% of this country has never even heard of Armenia, let alone know what Armenians are in order to formulate an opinion. Secondly, as I've said several times on this forum, a lot of the flaws you attribute to Armenians are far from being characteristics exclusive to our people. Keeping up with the Jones' is a time honored, American tradition. In many instances, Armenians in Cali may do it through fraud, but I don't really see that as worse than what Americans do: Put it on plastic. Gaucho, I believe the national debt average is now around $15K. And that sure as hell ain't due to Armenians. The town I live in is comprised of white, Anglo-Saxon yuppie Americans. It's a pretty "well-to-do" community. Well, guess what? They STILL suck! Middle-middle class income, with upper-upper class attitudes. They're greedy, self-absorbed, show off pricks who live only to one-up their neighbors and "friends". Gee, sounds a lot like the complaints about Glendale Armenians. Face it, folks. The world is full of assh*les. They're just of different breeds.

So why do I complain about Cali Armenians, then? Disappointment. I was expecting better from us. We're talking about a culture whose national pass time is chess, for freaking Christ’s sakes. A culture whose intellectual elites were so dangerous once upon a time, that they were the first to be rounded up and executed by the Turks to eliminate the immediate threat. Nowadays, they need do no such thing. They can just leave us to our own vices.

With that being said, I also think it's an insult to the nation hosting you when you come here to escape a torturous life, prosper from all it has to offer, and then turn around and spit on it by not even bother to learn the language, or at least learn how to function within its culture. Now the problem is people mistakenly perceive assimilation as giving up your ethnicity. Why is that? I'm American born and raised. I've gone to American schools, speak English a good 90% of the time, interact with only Americans, and yet, have retained the Armenian language, knowledge of the history, and significant cultural events (celebrating Armenian Christmas - not just Dec. 25th, commemorating April 24th, etc).

Unfortunately, as I said in another thread, the only parts of the American culture we've assimilated to are the worst parts: Capitalistic pop culture bullsh*t. The same things I complained about in the town I live in also seem to be the only things Cali Armenians are concerned with adapting to. There's nothing wrong with wanting financial success, but....this crap about having to be doctors, lawyers, real estate agents (aka highest money making jobs)....whatever happened to doing something you love to do, regardless of income, instead of what makes you the most money being your primary concern? Since when did prestige and honorable mention become exclusive to holding what's looked upon as "high status" in the employment ring? There may be a lot of Armenians with some dough in Cali, but I fear they sold their character to obtain it.

Whether some of you guys like to face it or not, a lot of what GSTracer had to say is true. The lack of assimilation is not only an insult to the nation giving you your "better life", it is also holding us back from our goal of making said nation aware of our existence. Who the hell cares if everyone in south Cali knows who Armenians are? Do you not understand what a small insignificance this is? I dare some of you to go outside of California, tell someone you're Armenian, and see what kind or reaction you get. Chances are, they won't have a clue what you're talking about. Awareness isn't going to happen by isolation, or forming our own, tiny little pockets here or there. Awareness has to be made loud, and in a broad spectrum in order to be heard. I don't think anyone on this club said to drop your Armenian heritage. But isolation is not doing us any favors, either. There can be a happy medium.

Comment

Originally posted by HyePrincess

I just read this, I didnt want to post but what the heck. Just because they are Armenian doesnt mean you need to cover anything up. Remember dear, the real world isnt High School. I know why you are saying this, its because you go to a school where there are comflictes between Armenians and Hispanic. But one time I told you in another thread (dont ask how I remember this) in the real world if you dont step on someones toe they arnt going to step on yours. (Bad analogy, but work with me people). Do not ever believe you need to cover up another person mistake. It is that mistake which helps them grow and learn. But whats even more important is that you end up learning from their mistakes.

However to make another statement about this, I see no difference when an Armenian steals something or a Hispanic does. They were both wrong and both have to be punished.
              Last edited by XxgoeyxX; 12-10-2004, 10:51 AM.
              You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

ya i no goey that's probally it, but i dont no y like i alwayz want us to be perfect. the other day my bestfreind lily was waching the news and she told me that they were showing armenians that were doing auto insurance fraud and that got me soooo mad. and im hearing now that gurls in grant high are getting pregant and dont even no who the dad is isnt that just great. uffffffff ok lav wateva just thinking about this get me soooo mad.

Comment

you should be MAD!

All the Armenian girls are turning into xxxxxs, common Latin xxxxs!!!

Go on Armenianclub.com and browse through the pictures of the girls, all "ghetto" taking pride in their big ass' and their poor negroid language. It just sucks to hear this happens to Armenian girls, the "best" girls out there. But hey, after all, "no race is perfect and we are better than hispanics". Fools.

you do realize, it is the girls fault that they get pregnant. They can always say No, but they dont. They always go after the jerks while bit*hing how they would rather have an intelligent man. It has happened to me soo many times. I am the smartest kid in class, I always bring up top notch political information and I always help everyone (mostly girls) with their work. Then, they b*tch to ME(!!!) how there are no smart guys. Try pointing out the fact tht you are what they are looking for, and they will say, "oh sorry, you are not the one for me".

Anyway, i got side tracked an am really pissed now.

Comment

Poor Hayq...those 16 year olds dont know what they're missing out on.
                    You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crimson Glow
                      *Looks over that grammatical horror of a paragraph*

If you don't want odars to "talk smack", or wander onto this site and "prove us wrong", you may want to stop your posts (or at least cover them up so others wont "no"), because your lack of taking a minute to construct a half way legible post only supports their argument.

As for the topic at hand...

For starters, as I said earlier, I'd guesstimate a good 90% of this country has never even heard of Armenia, let alone know what Armenians are in order to formulate an opinion. Secondly, as I've said several times on this forum, a lot of the flaws you attribute to Armenians are far from being characteristics exclusive to our people. Keeping up with the Jones' is a time honored, American tradition. In many instances, Armenians in Cali may do it through fraud, but I don't really see that as worse than what Americans do: Put it on plastic. Gaucho, I believe the national debt average is now around $15K. And that sure as hell ain't due to Armenians. The town I live in is comprised of white, Anglo-Saxon yuppie Americans. It's a pretty "well-to-do" community. Well, guess what? They STILL suck! Middle-middle class income, with upper-upper class attitudes. They're greedy, self-absorbed, show off pricks who live only to one-up their neighbors and "friends". Gee, sounds a lot like the complaints about Glendale Armenians. Face it, folks. The world is full of assh*les. They're just of different breeds.

So why do I complain about Cali Armenians, then? Disappointment. I was expecting better from us. We're talking about a culture whose national pass time is chess, for freaking Christ’s sakes. A culture whose intellectual elites were so dangerous once upon a time, that they were the first to be rounded up and executed by the Turks to eliminate the immediate threat. Nowadays, they need do no such thing. They can just leave us to our own vices.

With that being said, I also think it's an insult to the nation hosting you when you come here to escape a torturous life, prosper from all it has to offer, and then turn around and spit on it by not even bother to learn the language, or at least learn how to function within its culture. Now the problem is people mistakenly perceive assimilation as giving up your ethnicity. Why is that? I'm American born and raised. I've gone to American schools, speak English a good 90% of the time, interact with only Americans, and yet, have retained the Armenian language, knowledge of the history, and significant cultural events (celebrating Armenian Christmas - not just Dec. 25th, commemorating April 24th, etc).

Unfortunately, as I said in another thread, the only parts of the American culture we've assimilated to are the worst parts: Capitalistic pop culture bullsh*t. The same things I complained about in the town I live in also seem to be the only things Cali Armenians are concerned with adapting to. There's nothing wrong with wanting financial success, but....this crap about having to be doctors, lawyers, real estate agents (aka highest money making jobs)....whatever happened to doing something you love to do, regardless of income, instead of what makes you the most money being your primary concern? Since when did prestige and honorable mention become exclusive to holding what's looked upon as "high status" in the employment ring? There may be a lot of Armenians with some dough in Cali, but I fear they sold their character to obtain it.

Whether some of you guys like to face it or not, a lot of what GSTracer had to say is true. The lack of assimilation is not only an insult to the nation giving you your "better life", it is also holding us back from our goal of making said nation aware of our existence. Who the hell cares if everyone in south Cali knows who Armenians are? Do you not understand what a small insignificance this is? I dare some of you to go outside of California, tell someone you're Armenian, and see what kind or reaction you get. Chances are, they won't have a clue what you're talking about. Awareness isn't going to happen by isolation, or forming our own, tiny little pockets here or there. Awareness has to be made loud, and in a broad spectrum in order to be heard. I don't think anyone on this club said to drop your Armenian heritage. But isolation is not doing us any favors, either. There can be a happy medium.
                      Another lefty whining about the politics of envy and blaming everything on capitalism.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X