Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian and gay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunner: I appreciate your frankness and honesty. I didn't understand being gay when I was first coming to terms with it. It seemed unnatural, and just plain wrong. I spent many nights crying myself to sleep, literally; many hours were spent pondering 'why me?'... I still don't understand it, but I accept it. I honestly believe it was the way God intended it to be. But I want to point out that just because you don't understand homosexuality doesn't mean it's a characteristic of weak people...

Catwoman: Ditto what hyebruin said! I first started realizing my gayness (lol) just around the time of puberty -- the 8th grade. I went through several phases; first, absolute denial, then convincing myself I was merely bisexual, and then to acceptance that I am gay. I was a senior in high school by the time I was OK with it.

Haig: Hey there! That was very brave of you! I'm 22, and I have a bit of advice for you! Don't let yourself become estranged from the Armenian community or your Armenian identity. Homosexuality and Armenianness can coexist within the same person, and just because our ethnic community may be less than accepting and accomodating at times...stick with it. It's yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunner14
      Heterosexual or homo, public affection is harmful to little kids. That's why out of courtesy, people gay or straight should respect their surrounding and the little kids (10 -12 years old) near by...
      yes, i do agree with that to a certain extent, but it goes both ways! people seeing couples hugging and kissing should not flock around them with their 1/2 a dozen bunch of kids soooo annoying! that kills the mood right there! seeing all those little kiddies running around you and looking and talking loud...like wtf just happened? you had a little space to yourself, then it got invaded by little rugrats....not that i don't like rugrats LOL

Comment

• Does anyone have any statistics of gay populations in different countries. This would be very interesting. I would like to see some ratios... really think it would clear things up for a lot of people even people who think they are gay.

Comment

• well having a gay man post on the boards deffinitly shut up the homophobs, thanks for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmenianKid
            well having a gay man post on the boards deffinitly shut up the homophobs, thanks for that.
            How nice

I am against PDA if its too sexual, just hugging or holding hands or a peck is not harmful. Making out and touching each other however,.....in high school I had a couple make out in front of my locker every day (sophomore year) it was so annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by CatWoman
              Isn't 18 a little too early to be so certain about your sexual orientation? You go through so many phases in your life, so don't label yourself until you're old enough, cause I think that will keep you from exploring what else is out there and giving it a try (hint hint girls )...

Or maybe I'm just way off...

Hello. Thanks for the response. Is homosexuality a phase? No. I've known since I was a little child. The most confusing part was when I was 12 and I knew that I was supposed to be attracted by girls, but I wasnt. I was attracted by other males. I struggled with that for a few years. I've even dated girls thinking it will make my family happy and maybe help me, as you suggested, snap out of it. HA HA! I was wrong! It made me feel worse about myself. Even just two years ago, my junior year at high school, I pretended to like a girl. The whole things justs makes you feel worse. Pretending, and faking, and lying - just to please a world where what you are is "disguisting."

Comment

• Originally posted by lbc213hc
                Hello. Thanks for the response. Is homosexuality a phase? No. I've known since I was a little child. The most confusing part was when I was 12 and I knew that I was supposed to be attracted by girls, but I wasnt. I was attracted by other males. I struggled with that for a few years. I've even dated girls thinking it will make my family happy and maybe help me, as you suggested, snap out of it. HA HA! I was wrong! It made me feel worse about myself. Even just two years ago, my junior year at high school, I pretended to like a girl. The whole things justs makes you feel worse. Pretending, and faking, and lying - just to please a world where what you are is "disguisting."
                Sweety, you're NOT disgusting and screw the world, who's perfect anyway?... I know, I guess I wasn't thinking when I made that post, what you and Che Ka said totally makes sense!

BTW are you hot? How about you Che Ka? Gay men are hot! (<---wino wannabe? lol)

Comment

• oh you're making me blush now...

Comment

I like how you responded to what Arina said, but all my words of support went ignored. lol

Comment

i'm just curious what you think of those who marry and have kids just to try and 'fit in' societal expectations and make the parents/family happy; what do you think is the most likely outcome then? living a hetero- life but being deeply depressed and restless on the inside by their homo- ideations?

Comment

Working...
                      X