Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

I have a problem??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You

Thank you for all you who have supported me. PLEASE PLEASE Support me more to get this matter to the attention of the admin, 4 days this post has been going and nothing has been done about it, the account of RoyalThorn is still active. How many more days do I still have to come here and get on my knees and beg? what is so hard in deleting an account when someone comes and says that the account is fake and the picture is my picture. Admin!!! if you want me to talk to you directly on the phone please send me your telephone number to [email protected] and I will directly talk to you and establish my identity and prove to you that the picture of RoyalThorn is me. Please people tell me what to do. I don't want to come here every day and post letters that aren't being read. I have been in tears for the past 4 days and the arguing hasn't stopped in my home. Please help me .

Comment

Originally posted by LadySilver
      Well I do have Armenian friends but not only Armenian friends. Also I said Black and White because I was trying to explain how Armenians act towards me when they see me with people of different races. I wasn't trying to brag or anything. I'm not trying to get out of the rigid Armenianness. My only problem is that the Armenians I know or whom are on my street seem to think that Armenians should only have friends that are other Armenians and I think that's not right.

Unfortunately, when someone is different from those who surrounds him/her, he/she will have to pay a certain price: being different is a form of luxury! It may seem unfair, but in most cases it is manageable. In all societies, people feel a certain discomfort when exposed to unfamiliar realities that they do not immediately comprehend: the unknown disturbs them. Of course, in some (societies) less than others.
      Stronger - or more different - is one's individuality, more resistance one will feel, regardless of the society.
      Take it with a grain of salt! (But, please don't abuse salt, if you're watching your figure! Thanks! )
      Last edited by Siamanto; 04-17-2005, 01:24 AM.
      What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by hyebruin
        spoken like a true diplomat i like your peaceful style
        Thanks! I'm embarrassed!

I can be very patient, but if someone tries to push me around I can be "head for an eye!"
        I can be aggressive, but I get seldom angry! Anger hurts us, it does not hurt the other person!
        Last edited by Siamanto; 04-17-2005, 01:57 AM.
        What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ginalane
          Thank you for all you who have supported me. PLEASE PLEASE Support me more to get this matter to the attention of the admin, 4 days this post has been going and nothing has been done about it, the account of RoyalThorn is still active. How many more days do I still have to come here and get on my knees and beg? what is so hard in deleting an account when someone comes and says that the account is fake and the picture is my picture. Admin!!! if you want me to talk to you directly on the phone please send me your telephone number to [email protected] and I will directly talk to you and establish my identity and prove to you that the picture of RoyalThorn is me. Please people tell me what to do. I don't want to come here every day and post letters that aren't being read. I have been in tears for the past 4 days and the arguing hasn't stopped in my home. Please help me .
          How did I miss this?? I dont know how to help you, but good luck at least with whatever is wrong. I dont really have a clear picture... I know if someone stole and claimed my picture, Id be pretty upset

Comment

One time they forgot to give me my fries with my burger, and I was very angry. Very angry indeed.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Lady Silver, I totally understand you! Each time I have been to Glendale (or vicinity thereof) and was unfortunately confronted with "annoying" Armenian ladies, I felt exactly like you. There is nothing worse than annoying Armenian ladies staring at you and talking behind your back in front of your face, and saying things like: "Shame on her" or "What a pity for an Armenian girl". I wasn't treated very differently in Armenia proper when I was there on vacation a few years ago. The condenscending stares that make you feel like you're the biggest piece of trash on earth are probably the most hurtful. And no matter how much you try to stand your ground and say "I am what I am, like it or **** off", after a few weeks, it does start getting to you and you seriously start asking questions about yourself! In other words: you want a broken ego: live among Armenians!

Actually I felt the same among LA Americans/Armenians. After a few weeks there, you realize that the way you dress, the way you do your hair, the way you brush your teeth, and the way you hold your cup of tea are all WAY out of line for anyone who meets people in LA. In Europe, I can get out the house and look like a bum and still feel attractive no matter what! In LA, I just need to wear the "wrong" shirt, and my life is over! This mentality mixed with the Armenian superiority complex, can make life more than miserable for us who don't live by their rules.

Disclaimer: There are plenty of civilized Armenians out there who know their limits. We are purely talking about the many who don't.

Comment

Basically this thread, if translated, means: "Waaah I'm a unique Armenian and the Armenians dont like the way I am, waaaah its such a problem for me because I actually give a shyt what they think waaaaah".
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Very predictable reply Mouse.

We have every right to express how we feel about the crap we are forced to endure among these Armenians, just like you have every right to xxxxx and whine about women and the problems they cause you men.

I'm not different. I'm different to them, because they choose to view me as different. And indeed, I do not enjoy their company and would never voluntarily subject myself to their treatment. Hence the reason why I live far, far away from those Armenians, and Armenians in general.

Like I said, if you're treated a certain way long enough, no matter how confident and strong you were before, you will eventually crack under the pressure. Result is either hiding yourself from society, being the society freak, adapting yourself, or moving somewhere where you can still walk out the door once in a while without anyone trying to break your confidence.

So yes, I do give a shyt. Unlike you, I don't lie to myself and try to make myself believe that I'm alone in this world and I care for no one. I may have wanted to believe that in my early 20s, but those times are gone. I care, I do care, and will probably care forever as long as I am a member of any society. Sadly. But such is life. It's influential, and very much so.

Comment

I have to say something about how LA Armenians dress, do their hair, do their make up, etc....is it just me...or do they look retarded? The girls look like vampire hookers. Obviously this is about a group of people and not every single Armenian in LA, but its very noticable to someone from elsewhere. I cant understand how that looks good.

Comment

this is sooo hillarious reading this thread!
                      i too feel like i get stared at, but not because i'm 'wearing the wrong shirt' or what not...i have a pretty casual style, however i do not "look like a bum" whatever a "bum" looks like, and i do NOT want to look like a bum either; one can be comfortable AND classy at the same time (and NO! i'm not talking about Bebe jumpsuits either) ... i know they stare cuz their fat a$$es can't get into my clothes you people are too uptight; and yes, one does not need to look like they're going to a nightclub when they leave the house, however a bit of color on the cheekbones with some light mascara and some light colored lipstick never killed anyone either i'm sick of all this "l.a. hating" crap! judgmental people are ever, get used to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X