Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turkish penal code: say Armenian Genocide is true --> go to jail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkish penal code: say Armenian Genocide is true --> go to jail

I assume you've heard of the new changes to the turkish penal code. There is a provision that states that anyone caught stating that the Armenian Genocide is a fact or questioning the presence of turks on Cyprus gets a paid trip to the nearest prison (and a turkish one no less, arghhhh).

Do they seriously think that EU would want them. Another thing about EU. France and Holland are already having problems with accepting the new constitution because that means they must share some of their independance with other members. Do turks really believe countries in Europe would want to share their decision making with the turks who send journalists to jail if they dare even research a painful (for turkey) issue.

The Armenian Genocide is not going to be the main reason why turks get the shaft. The main reason is that turkey still behaves like a barbaric nation. If turks get into EU, so should countries like Iraq and Saudi Arabia. Having a beautiful coast on the Mediteranean (which you stole) doesn't make you European.

Yes i was waiting to see what the reforms would be in the reforms of the new Turkish Penal Code.Nothing was changed on the Armenian issue.I think it is written in their constitution that you are not alowed to question Ataturk , or you will be considered a traitor.And you know many of their journalists were lead to prison because ''they insulted Ataturk''.
    Apparently nothing is changed.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
      I assume you've heard of the new changes to the turkish penal code. There is a provision that states that anyone caught stating that the Armenian Genocide is a fact or questioning the presence of turks on Cyprus gets a paid trip to the nearest prison (and a turkish one no less, arghhhh).

Do they seriously think that EU would want them. Another thing about EU. France and Holland are already having problems with accepting the new constitution because that means they must share some of their independance with other members. Do turks really believe countries in Europe would want to share their decision making with the turks who send journalists to jail if they dare even research a painful (for turkey) issue.

The Armenian Genocide is not going to be the main reason why turks get the shaft. The main reason is that turkey still behaves like a barbaric nation. If turks get into EU, so should countries like Iraq and Saudi Arabia. Having a beautiful coast on the Mediteranean (which you stole) doesn't make you European.
      I really can not understand why you are so jealous and obsessive about Turkey. Don't you Armenians have a better job to do instead of talking about Turks every god's day. We may or may not join EU, we are European or not, why do you care so much? Why do you compare Turkey with your poor, corrupted, dictatorship, mafia state always? You are not at the same league with us, so stop it please.
      What a website! Since it is an Armenian forum why does everybody talking about Turks instead of Armenians?????????

Comment

Originally posted by karakitap
        I really can not understand why you are so jealous and obsessive about Turkey. Don't you Armenians have a better job to do instead of talking about Turks every god's day. We may or may not join EU, we are European or not, why do you care so much? Why do you compare Turkey with your poor, corrupted, dictatorship, mafia state always? You are not at the same league with us, so stop it please.
        What a website! Since it is an Armenian forum why does everybody talking about Turks instead of Armenians?????????
        I was talking about the turkish penal code that makes it hard for my people in your backwards country to openly discuss their open wound. That is very pertinent to Armenian discussion. As far as comparing turkey to anything, it would be a serious challenge indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
          I was talking about the turkish penal code that makes it hard for my people in your backwards country to openly discuss their open wound. That is very pertinent to Armenian discussion. As far as comparing turkey to anything, it would be a serious challenge indeed.
          whatever, pfff....
          Try to find some other hobbies. Internet is not an invention to throw up shi*s to Turkey. Get a life

Comment

You really can not understand that because of invalids like you who don't care about their country , Turkey is a shi.thole.Perhaps you should go and see what is this Fascistic Penal Code about instead of whine about what we do.In case you don't know , its the Turkish people who are becoming victims here.You are the one who will live in Turkey tomorow after all, not us.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Brigade
              You really can not understand that because of invalids like you who don't care about their country , Turkey is a shi.thole.Perhaps you should go and see what is this Fascistic Penal Code about instead of whine about what we do.In case you don't know , its the Turkish people who are becoming victims here.You are the one who will live in Turkey tomorow after all, not us.
              I care about Turkey, don't worry. People are hardly discussing about the penal code nowadays. You don't know what you are talking about. The issue here is how you search google and try to find a new story to distort and open a new thread here. It is a hobby for you to create a stereotype and then believe that stereotype about Turkey. I just got bored of your distortions every issue about Turkey that you found from web. So there is no need to answer to you about these kind of shi*s.
              BTW, honestly, why don't you care and discuss your own problems? It is obvious that Armenia is much much more a worse situation about democracy,etc.
              You are the victims, isn't it?
              Care more and talk about about your country, not Turkey. Don't worry for us that much.

Comment

I care about Turkey, don't worry. People are hardly discussing about the penal code nowadays. You don't know what you are talking about. The issue here is how you search google and try to find a new story to distort and open a new thread here. It is a hobby for you to create a stereotype and then believe that stereotype about Turkey. I just got bored of your distortions every issue about Turkey that you found from web. So there is no need to answer to you about these kind of shi*s.
                BTW, honestly, why don't you care and discuss your own problems? It is obvious that Armenia is much much more a worse situation about democracy,etc.
                Care more and talk about about your country, not Turkey. Don't worry for us that much.
                We have to talk about Turkey , because unfortunately Turkey is acting like an adolescent bully in Armenia's affairs for the last 900 years.We know what are the problems of Armenia,i have made hunder times comments about corruption in Armenia ,you can see that in Armenia's Politics Forum as well ,and nobody said Armenia's goverment is a saint neither democratic,but the circumstances and reasons of this situation are different in Armenia and Turkey.By the way you don't know xxxxe about what is happening in Turkey and i doubt very much you ever been to Turkey.You are probably another of the few Turkish bourgeoisie who are eating the money of the Turkish people.It is exactly people like you that the real Turks of Turkey hate , not us.
                Now depart from this Forum if you are not interested to us or don't whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Brigade
                  We have to talk about Turkey , because unfortunately Turkey is acting like an adolescent bully in Armenia's affairs for the last 900 years.We know what are the problems of Armenia,i have made hunder times comments about corruption in Armenia ,you can see that in Armenia's Politics Forum as well ,and nobody said Armenia's goverment is a saint neither democratic,but the circumstances and reasons of this situation are different in Armenia and Turkey.By the way you don't know xxxxe about what is happening in Turkey and i doubt very much you ever been to Turkey.You are probably another of the few Turkish bourgeoisie who are eating the money of the Turkish people.It is exactly people like you that the real Turks of Turkey hate , not us.
                  Now depart from this Forum if you are not interested to us or don't whine.
                  I live in Turkey, and believe me that you ar the person who don't know anything about Turkey.
                  BTW, you wrote your location as "Europe" Wouldn't you live in Armenia? Is Armenia in Europe? Another inferiority complex of Armenians. At least we want to join European institutions not the European continent

Comment

Why don't you want us to talk about Turkey? Does it make you uncomfortable? Does it worry you? Turkey will remain under Armenian scrutiny for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                    X