Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Best Cowboy Movie Ever Made is Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Che_Ka
    Try that again, only with some logic this time.
    Ape karogha mi kani ban pakasa glkhit mech?
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

^ Karogha.

Comment

Compassion and tolerance stops at the door when a couple of cowboys decide to play hide the salami in the wild.
        this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip
          Compassion and tolerance stops at the door when a couple of cowboys decide to play hide the salami in the wild.
          I agree with the guy who has a rather large 4 wheel drive in his avatar.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Che che, voch meg bagas pan ga im klkhis mech. Thank you very much.

Simply put, I will never understand how someone can put limits on compassion and decide it's time to be prejudicial.

Comment

Che che, voch meg bagas pan ga im klkhis mech. Thank you very much.

Simply put, I will never understand how someone can put limits on compassion and decide it's time to be prejudicial.
              Hey buddy, calm the down. Discrimination is part of life. That is my choice as a human to choose what I will like or not.

You may personally enjoy the sight of two dudes touching lips together in an erotic way, but some of us don't. It is our choice. I don't infringe upon your right to be gay, don't try to teach me or tell me what I can or cannot like or be tolerant of.

I'm tolerant of your right to do what you want to do in your own time and be gay. I am not tolerant of the prospect of seeing to males kiss or anything. And I will reserve the right to express my dislike of it. I am intolerant of you being intolerant of me because I don't happen to want to view a movie about two homosexual males. Get over it. I'm tired of the whining militant homosexual frenzy over how no one is "tolerant". That word "tolerance" is an over-used and abused cliche, a battle cry of yesterday. You are already homosexual. What more do you want? Are the rest of us somehow getting in the way of you from being gay? Stop with this whole victim mentality.

Oh, and go and enjoy your movie with some popcorn. I'll never be there. And besides, Heath Ledger is a B level actor at best.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

I'm probably the least 'militant' gay man you'll come across. I'm quiet, I don't go to gay pride events, I don't proclaim my gayness unless I'm asked. I don't see it as a defining characteristic of my being.

Truth be told, I believe it is your right to dislike homosexuality. Hey, it doesn't really make much sense to me, but I can't deny how I feel. What I object to is the intolerance of it. No, more than intolerance. I can't think of the English word, but in Armenian it's "vokh." I've never understood it. I couldn't feel that way about any group of people, maybe because I've felt it directed at me. (I won't use the intolerant Turk card.)

I wasn't objecting to your refusal to see the movie. I'm not gonna see it either. It does look lame. In fact, my original post was meant for the poster above you. He used a word I don't care to repeat. More than that, he seemed to have 'vokh' towards gays. Your subsequent post merely instigated me further. When you responded with your idea of 'limited compassion,' that's when I began to direct my comments to you.

Don't like gay people, fine. Don't agree with their 'lifestyle,' fine. Vote against gay marriage, great. Decide not to see gay movies, good. But don't go out of your way to make gay people feel that they aren't worthy human beings. That's my point.

I often wonder about what prejudicial Armenians would think when they found out that I am one of the staunchest supporters of Armenian culture. I plan to dedicate a chunk of my life to promoting our language. I plan to retire in Armenia. In my wildest dreams, I want to adopt a child from Armenia, and learn Eastern Armenian to give him or her the best upbringing I can. (But I can't. Single men, unlike single women, are not allowed to adopt in Armenia.) Would they still be comfortable in calling me derogatory names, when they realize we have more in common than they'd first thought? Anyway, I'm just babbling...

Comment

I'm probably the least 'militant' gay man you'll come across. I'm quiet, I don't go to gay pride events, I don't proclaim my gayness unless I'm asked. I don't see it as a defining characteristic of my being.

Truth be told, I believe it is your right to dislike homosexuality. Hey, it doesn't really make much sense to me, but I can't deny how I feel. What I object to is the intolerance of it. No, more than intolerance. I can't think of the English word, but in Armenian it's "vokh." I've never understood it. I couldn't feel that way about any group of people, maybe because I've felt it directed at me. (I won't use the intolerant Turk card.)

I wasn't objecting to your refusal to see the movie. I'm not gonna see it either. It does look lame. In fact, my original post was meant for the poster above you. He used a word I don't care to repeat. More than that, he seemed to have 'vokh' towards gays. Your subsequent post merely instigated me further. When you responded with your idea of 'limited compassion,' that's when I began to direct my comments to you.

Don't like gay people, fine. Don't agree with their 'lifestyle,' fine. Vote against gay marriage, great. Decide not to see gay movies, good. But don't go out of your way to make gay people feel that they aren't worthy human beings. That's my point.

I often wonder about what prejudicial Armenians would think when they found out that I am one of the staunchest supporters of Armenian culture. I plan to dedicate a chunk of my life to promoting our language. I plan to retire in Armenia. In my wildest dreams, I want to adopt a child from Armenia, and learn Eastern Armenian to give him or her the best upbringing I can. (But I can't. Single men, unlike single women, are not allowed to adopt in Armenia.) Would they still be comfortable in calling me derogatory names, when they realize we have more in common than they'd first thought? Anyway, I'm just babbling...
                  Your dreams moved me. Really, I plan on moving back to Armenia and having a family there too.

But being gay is xxxxing disgusting. Its hard for some gays to understand that the EXISTENCE of homosexuality is offending to some people. Being gay is first of all in my mind, one of the most disgustings things u can do, and second of all, Christian gays completly disrespect the religion and by that I AM OFFENDED.

You dont have to do anything for me to be offended, being the way u are is bad enough.

If your as open minded as you say we should be, than you will understand that.

Isn't being gay a chemical inbalance in ur brain? Its like a deformity, it should be fixed, try ur best to be not-gay. lol.

PS: I highly disadvice of your visit to Armenia, and even more dangerous, your residence in Armenia. If the people knew you were gay, you'd be seriously hurt, if not killed.
                  Last edited by ace; 12-10-2005, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Dear Ace

Originally posted by ace
                    Your dreams moved me. Really, I plan on moving back to Armenia and having a family there too.

But being gay is xxxxing disgusting. Its hard for some gays to understand that the EXISTENCE of homosexuality is offending to some people. Being gay is first of all in my mind, one of the most disgustings things u can do, and second of all, Christian gays completly disrespect the religion and by that I AM OFFENDED.

You dont have to do anything for me to be offended, being the way u are is bad enough.

If your as open minded as you say we should be, than you will understand that.

Isn't being gay a chemical inbalance in ur brain? Its like a deformity, it should be fixed, try ur best to be not-gay. lol.

PS: I highly disadvice of your visit to Armenia, and even more dangerous, your residence in Armenia. If the people knew you were gay, you'd be seriously hurt, if not killed.
                    Although being a homosexual might be disgusting for people like you, it is because of an intolerant society that it still persists in nature.
                    Bein gay is not a chemical imbalance of the brain, or a deformity.
                    Please see the link: "Just the Facts About Sexual Orientation & Youth:
                    A Primer for Principals, Educators and School Personnel" It will give you a perspective of sexual orientation. http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbc/publicati...tthefacts.html
                    It also states in there: "The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, published by the American Psychiatric Association and defining the standard of the field, does not include homosexuality as a mental disorder. All other major health professional organizations have supported the American Psychiatric Association in its declassification of homosexuality as a mental disorder in 1973. Thus, the idea that homosexuality is a mental disorder or that the emergence of same-gender sexual desires among some adolescents is in any way abnormal or mentally unhealthy has no support among health and mental health professional organizations."

Homosexuality might have a lot of influences, including environmental. But a lot of scientific research has been currently pointing the finger at a specific gene. Please see the link:
                    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Why are these male flies having an orgy? Because scientists have altered their genetic structure.
                    If homosexuality is genetic then there is a simple explanation why natural selection hasn't gotten rid of it. A lot of homosexual men marry and have children because of the intolerance of people like you that don't understand the scientific nature of the condition. It is not a choice of a "lifestyle." These people don't choose to like men the same way as you don't choose to like women.
                    Want to get rid of homosexuality for good? Then allow and be tolerant of same sex marriage, and be tolerant of same sex partnership. The more you scare these people and the more they marry off into heterosexual relationships, the more the gene propogates and lingers among humanity.

Anyway, for all you nonbelievers, go and see the movie. It will make all of you cry its so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashlite
                      Homosexuality might have a lot of influences, including environmental. But a lot of scientific research has been currently pointing the finger at a specific gene. Please see the link:
                      BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
                      shyt...now that we know wats wrong with gay people...WE CAN FIX IT.

kidding.

if wat u said is true. i completly agree with everything u said.
                      Last edited by ace; 12-10-2005, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X