Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian White Nationalism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian White Nationalism

Originally posted by jgk3
    So, there's no good rap then? Not one single example of something worth while? As there is underground artists for Classical music, there's underground artists for everything. It isn't fair to judge the metal scene today for example by watching it on television, because hardly anything portrayed to be metal by the mass media is any good, and often, it isn't even metal... You must be in touch with the underground if you want to learn anything about the actual music and the artists of this style, otherwise you're just feeding on the crap you're given at a jacked up price.

The same must apply to rap... Just because someone loves poetry and has a credible background in it doesn't cancel out the possibility that they might want to express themselves in rap, and this is why generalization is a harmful way to analyze the scene. It is the underground artists who we should be looking at, not the tv.
    Ahh yes, the old "conscious Hip Hop" card. I am aware there are "underground" stuff. I have admitted before I have listened to rap, and there are rap or hip hop tracks that for example by the Jedi Mind Tricks which I find entertaining and they have extremely intelligent lyrics, yet I still state rap requires no talent.

And how many of the rappers are "poets"? Not every rapper is a Saul Williams.

Well, I don't know if you've noticed, but I hate pointing fingers at people on forums... I prefer generalizing when it comes to people around me being stupid. It is unwise to call a stupid person stupid, as they will not respond in an intelligent way anyway. Therefore they are a waste of time, and it may be a stupid decision all together to mess with them (this would be in rl more than on the internet, but you get my drift).
    Pointing fingers, like hate, is part of man, so why pretend otherwise? Sometimes it can be really funny.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
      Ahh yes, the old "conscious Hip Hop" card. I am aware there are "underground" stuff. I have admitted before I have listened to rap, and there are rap or hip hop tracks that for example by the Jedi Mind Tricks which I find entertaining and they have extremely intelligent lyrics, yet I still state rap requires no talent

And how many of the rappers are "poets"? Not every rapper is a Saul Williams.
      Well, I won't push this any further than. I understand the thinking behind your statements, although I don't practice the same thinking myself.

Pointing fingers, like hate, is part of man, so why pretend otherwise? Sometimes it can be really funny.
      You come across as someone who has a quite solid confidence for their understanding of human nature. I've read the things you've attributed to man and mankind, and they are quite bold statements that I don't necessarily disagree with. However, there is some room for play available in our human nature. Our brains will allocate more resources to specific functions based on the necessity of those functions in our environment, and our environments are prone to change. The parasympathetic nervous system is a perfect example. Living in the city will generally change your reactions to objects and occurences that would otherwise cause us anxiety, like a truck sounding its loud horn, or a train speeding by right in front of us while we wait in our cars outside the gate.

The same can apply to human behavior. Once you become used to the patterns of human behavior found in others, your parasympathetic nervous system can regulate the ones that would regularly come across as scary, and replace (or at least tone down) them with a calmer, more sedate reaction.

This is exactly what happens to me during an argument. Through experience, I no longer feel a compelling urge to counter a statement I strongly disagree with by insulting someone's "intelligence"... I use cultural relativism to inquire why this person came to such a conclusion, and should I not come up with an answer that is satisfactory, I consider it as my fault, and not theirs. I've done this so many times that I now argue for the sheer pleasure of the activity of exchanging information and ideas, and not for the sake of battle or war between minds. So I feel that pointing fingers and feeling hate actually hinders the satisfaction I get from this activity.

Is this process not reflected in your understanding of human nature? Just think of my example as an adaptation for the parasympathetic nervous system to weed out the large anxieties caused by the sympathetic nervous system during such an activity. Quite a regular human process indeed.

Comment

Well, I won't push this any further than. I understand the thinking behind your statements, although I don't practice the same thinking myself.

You come across as someone who has a quite solid confidence for their understanding of human nature. I've read the things you've attributed to man and mankind, and they are quite bold statements that I don't necessarily disagree with. However, there is some room for play available in our human nature. Our brains will allocate more resources to specific functions based on the necessity of those functions in our environment, and our environments are prone to change. The parasympathetic nervous system is a perfect example. Living in the city will generally change your reactions to objects and occurences that would otherwise cause us anxiety, like a truck sounding its loud horn, or a train speeding by right in front of us while we wait in our cars outside the gate.

The same can apply to human behavior. Once you become used to the patterns of human behavior found in others, your parasympathetic nervous system can regulate the ones that would regularly come across as scary, and replace (or at least tone down) them with a calmer, more sedate reaction.

This is exactly what happens to me during an argument. Through experience, I no longer feel a compelling urge to counter a statement I strongly disagree with by insulting someone's "intelligence"... I use cultural relativism to inquire why this person came to such a conclusion, and should I not come up with an answer that is satisfactory, I consider it as my fault, and not theirs. I've done this so many times that I now argue for the sheer pleasure of the activity of exchanging information and ideas, and not for the sake of battle or war between minds. So I feel that pointing fingers and feeling hate actually hinders the satisfaction I get from this activity.

Is this process not reflected in your understanding of human nature? Just think of my example as an adaptation for the parasympathetic nervous system to weed out the large anxieties caused by the sympathetic nervous system during such an activity. Quite a regular human process indeed.
        And that my friend is the beauty and diversity of mankind! You say potato, I say tomato, everyone goes home happy!

I am glad that you feel pleasure in arguments. I too feel pleasure in arguments. There are highs and lows and different pleasures people reap from different atmospheres and minds. For instance, while you and I disagree, why do you think that I do not resort to the same tactics with you, as I have with Hate Sheep? Why do you think that is? Why is it that I saw fit to insult Hate Sheep and resort to nothing more than a flame war all the while still carrying an argument? Why does someone who hates hate have the name Hate Sheep? Why does the world hate irony? How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie center of a tootsie pop? The world may never know.

Be that as it may, I am only a mirror of what people bring. I would not have engaged in it had I not "felt" the same vibes from our willing contestant. He was all too willing to engage in a similar battle, so why not? We both gained. And perhaps I engaged in it for the simple fact that I could, for the simple fact that I could take words, emotions, the moment and turn it into more than a mere argument, to test peoples' patience, emotions and will, to see if they take this as nothing more than an internet, or if it is something, something personal. And Hate Sheep even said he is a trained fighter and proceeded to state that if I were to state this in his face things would be different because he is a fighter. Either way, I do not mean anything by it. Perhaps it's the sheer fact that some of us are easily amused by the internets, or by people for that matter, or because maybe I'm just a demented with an almost 15,000 post count (that says alot about someone!). How people react is quite an amusement and I would imagine if it were not for so many curious cats we would not have the 'science' of psychology!

Either way, we can muse about such musings all we like, but in the end they are nothing more than musings.
        Last edited by Anonymouse; 04-17-2006, 03:57 PM.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

I know for a fact crusader is a full blown racist.

I checked out that Stormfront Armenian thread. Crusader had the same exact post about the Azeri killer.

Well more azeri xxxxxes for me.

For beavis of course.

It's all for him.

Comment

[In brackets (like in literature and teacher's marks) means added text]

And that my friend is the beauty and diversity of mankind! You say potato, I say tomato, everyone goes home happy!

The world may never know. [Without Anahita's random edits]

Be that as it may, I am only a mirror of what people bring. [Being blatant about racism for effect, can certainly be effective (only if you don't come across like racist in your 'mirroring')]

Either way, we can muse [that's not musing about musing, though] about such musings all we like, but in the end they are nothing more than musings.
            "but in the end they are nothing more than musings."

I SO disagree.

Comment

Everything is for Beavis.

Blessed be his name.

Comment

Originally posted by parthiapride
                Everything is for Beavis.

Blessed be his name.
                Well, then, at least all is not in Butthead's name.

But, I think, he's onto sumtun. What if all isn't about Beavis? Maybe there is WAY more.
                --------\

What IF God is a Woman...?

She's my Priestess, I'm your Priest-- Dani California (out May 2nd), Chili Peppers

Comment

Originally posted by Anahita
                  [In brackets (like in literature and teacher's marks) means added text]

"but in the end they are nothing more than musings."

I SO disagree.
                  Psychobabble.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

I am glad that you feel pleasure in arguments. I too feel pleasure in arguments. There are highs and lows and different pleasures people reap from different atmospheres and minds. For instance, while you and I disagree, why do you think that I do not resort to the same tactics with you, as I have with Hate Sheep? Why do you think that is? Why is it that I saw fit to insult Hate Sheep and resort to nothing more than a flame war all the while still carrying an argument? Why does someone who hates hate have the name Hate Sheep? Why does the world hate irony? How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie center of a tootsie pop? The world may never know.

Be that as it may, I am only a mirror of what people bring. I would not have engaged in it had I not "felt" the same vibes from our willing contestant. He was all too willing to engage in a similar battle, so why not? We both gained. And perhaps I engaged in it for the simple fact that I could, for the simple fact that I could take words, emotions, the moment and turn it into more than a mere argument, to test peoples' patience, emotions and will, to see if they take this as nothing more than an internet, or if it is something, something personal. And Hate Sheep even said he is a trained fighter and proceeded to state that if I were to state this in his face things would be different because he is a fighter. Either way, I do not mean anything by it. Perhaps it's the sheer fact that some of us are easily amused by the internets, or by people for that matter, or because maybe I'm just a demented with an almost 15,000 post count (that says alot about someone!). How people react is quite an amusement and I would imagine if it were not for so many curious cats we would not have the 'science' of psychology!

Either way, we can muse about such musings all we like, but in the end they are nothing more than musings.
                    Yeah, 15,000 posts do say a lot about someone :P
                    I understand what you mean about "mirroring" someone's actions on the internet... It's a suitable way of determining how to act around them, and I do the same, even in real life... It can be a lot of fun, I must say People are entertaining when you feel and mirror the same "vibes" as you put it.

Comment

Here is something interesting.....right wing J-e-w-i-s-h Nationalism. www.jtf.org

Comment

Working...
                      X