Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenians are Europeans ( and white ) !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenians are Europeans ( and white ) !

I'm sorry to bring this up again guys but im wondering why people don't see Armenians as Europeans ( especially Armenians ) Armenians are a mix of many tribes mostly from the balkhans and anatolia ( greeks not turks ! ) so I really don't understand how people can think we are not white ??? this is like a profound mysetry of life to me, could anybody please express their view on why we are white or not white, and please don't flame I would really wish to see opinions here .. thank's alot

Re: Armenians are Europeans ( and white ) !

Why don't you explain to me how we're European?

Comment

first of all

Armenia is in Europe ( Armenia IS in europe if you dont beleive me go to a geogrpahy class, central asia starts at Iran. Anatolia is also in europe its a mosconception saying that turkey is not in eruope since the residents of the country seem to have lost their way somewhere in history from Mongolia to Turkey)

We speak an Indo-European language ( this could be debated that Iranians also speak an Indo-European language and are not Europeans but that's only because of the religion they adpoted in my book, before Islam Iranians had a culture closer to hellensitic and a religion closer to Chritinity (
      zorastarianism) )

We are Christian ( Yes there are chrisitans in China and also Religion does not dictate one's ethnicity but it does suggest something )

The Armenian people were originally much more whiteish ( The skin color or traits that are associated with modern Armenians are a product of Mixing with Turks, Iranians and arabs )

Armenian people come from the Balkhans and not from the caucasus, and even if they would they would still be European !

THe term caucasian is used to detemine if someone is white or not because a german scientist did a study on races and ethnicity and concluded that poeple were white from France/British Isles to the caucasus other races included mongoloids, blacks ...etc im sorry I dont rmember the name of the scientist in question but im not bullxxxxting...

ok what more do you need ?

Comment

I used to believe in that myth of how Armenians came from the Balkans and mixed with the Anatolians until the user Armenian enlightened me... I suggest you read what he's posted in the Armenian History board in the "Indo-European element of Armenians" thread.

We are definately Caucasian, that I don't deny, but we aren't European, and I'm quite satisfied with this. It's a detail that has played such an important role in our history, and to deny it isn't a very Armenian way of looking at it.

Comment

I'm not convinced. At all.

Comment

Originally posted by KotayKoskesh
            first of all

Armenia is in Europe ( Armenia IS in europe if you dont beleive me go to a geogrpahy class, central asia starts at Iran. Anatolia is also in europe its a mosconception saying that turkey is not in eruope since the residents of the country seem to have lost their way somewhere in history from Mongolia to Turkey)

We speak an Indo-European language ( this could be debated that Iranians also speak an Indo-European language and are not Europeans but that's only because of the religion they adpoted in my book, before Islam Iranians had a culture closer to hellensitic and a religion closer to Chritinity (
            zorastarianism) )

We are Christian ( Yes there are chrisitans in China and also Religion does not dictate one's ethnicity but it does suggest something )

The Armenian people were originally much more whiteish ( The skin color or traits that are associated with modern Armenians are a product of Mixing with Turks, Iranians and arabs )

Armenian people come from the Balkhans and not from the caucasus, and even if they would they would still be European !

THe term caucasian is used to detemine if someone is white or not because a german scientist did a study on races and ethnicity and concluded that poeple were white from France/British Isles to the caucasus other races included mongoloids, blacks ...etc im sorry I dont rmember the name of the scientist in question but im not bullxxxxting...

ok what more do you need ?
            While I agree about white, that does not translate to European. European is a geographic term. I have seen many maps that have portrayed Armenia in Europe. I have seen many others that have labelled it in Asia. I have seen it referred to as Middle Eastern. Borders and boundaries are conceptual and in no way static, absolute or tangible. They change as perceptions change, and more importantly, as cultures, races and civilizations change.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

I need sources for all these allegations.

Does anybody else find it amusing that in each proof, there's also an out or a contradiction?

"Armenia is a landlocked country in the southern Caucasus. Located between the Black and Caspian Seas, Armenia is bordered on the north and east by Georgia and Azerbaijan, and on the south and west by Iran and Turkey. Though geographically in Western Asia, politically and culturally Armenia is closely aligned with Europe. Historically, Armenia has been at the crossroads between Europe and Southwest Asia, and is therefore seen as a transcontinental nation." -- From Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3
                I used to believe in that myth of how Armenians came from the Balkans and mixed with the Anatolians until the user Armenian enlightened me... I suggest you read what he's posted in the Armenian History board in the "Indo-European element of Armenians" thread.

We are definately Caucasian, that I don't deny, but we aren't European, and I'm quite satisfied with this. It's a detail that has played such an important role in our history, and to deny it isn't a very Armenian way of looking at it.
                We're ot caucasian our language is not caucasian many languages have taken roots in the caucasus like Georgian and all those other caucasian languages like Lezgin, chechen etc etc, of course im proud to be caucasian because thats what we are right now and people migrate and we have beatiful mountains but the thing is we were not always in the caucasus if we were in the balkhans or not is only a theory but we oblivouly arent native to the caucasus since our language does not ressemble ANY other caucasian language at all

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                  While I agree about white, that does not translate to European. European is a geographic term. I have seen many maps that have portrayed Armenia in Europe. I have seen many others that have labelled it in Asia. I have seen it referred to as Middle Eastern. Borders and boundaries are conceptual and in no way static, absolute or tangible. They change as perceptions change, and more importantly, as cultures, races and civilizations change.
                  Listen to the mousey.

Comment

Originally posted by Quarteria
                    I need sources for all these allegations.

Does anybody else find it amusing that in each proof, there's also an out or a contradiction?

"Armenia is a landlocked country in the southern Caucasus. Located between the Black and Caspian Seas, Armenia is bordered on the north and east by Georgia and Azerbaijan, and on the south and west by Iran and Turkey. Though geographically in Western Asia, politically and culturally Armenia is closely aligned with Europe. Historically, Armenia has been at the crossroads between Europe and Southwest Asia, and is therefore seen as a transcontinental nation." -- From Wikipedia
                    Armenia is not in Asia its not because WIkipedia says it thats its true lol, what delimits Asia and Europe are the Ural mountains not country borders, if Geographers all agree with this who are we to say its not true ?

Comment

Working...
                    X