Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Half Armenians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Half Armenians

Originally posted by Sero View Post
    I have a friend. He's black and half Polish. Me and my other friend are teaching him Armenian and he really want's to learn. What does that make him?
    black and half Polish

Comment

Originally posted by dani87 View Post
      black and half Polish
      Exactly ")

Comment

I'm half Armenian. Half Australian.

But living in Australia my Australian half is sooooo boring .

I am much more interested in learning about my Armenian half.
        I am currently attempting to learn the language i won't lie to you its very hard.

Comment

Haciniyan, are you learning Eastern or Western Armenian?

Comment

I am learning Western, it's the one my dad told me to learn.

:S

Comment

Originally posted by melikianAvak View Post
              "...A women who marries and Armenian male and has children with that man is an Armenian. She can have 0% Armenian blood; she is an Armenian and not an odar.

This is what the older Armenians of my day who were the survivors of the Genocide of the Armenians would say. I remember it like it was yesterday..."

Avak
              That's very beautiful and poetic. It's more of a state of mind and acceptance existence that a state of arrogance that people should practice.

Also, I also agree that it is nice to preserve culture. A beautiful culture is beautiful if other cultures can also appreciate its beauty. Inter-ethnic marriages are bound to happen as user: Armenian has indicated. This is true for all other races as well, especially with the increase of travels and world awareness.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil View Post
                Armenian I will pm you a reply, this is getting dragged, but my fundimental idea is out there, let them play with it and shape it, but understand that if everyone is Armenian in the world and it is a very evident that Diaspora is not assimlating but adapting and its doing so because we, the core, are accepting the ravages of immigration (i.e. relations that are inevitable) then the population is being replaced and the drive to motivate state building diminishes.
                I know I am late on this discussion but I can tell you what is happening in LA, Glendale, and little Armenia. We are more radical than Armenians in homeland. assimilation?? Hardly, we have Nationalism without extremism in proper form.

Inch nereta??!! Mesik hayi degh hachiv choonek? Meng Hayochoone bahoomeng, intsev any. Es ghosque miassek.Amote tsesik.

The further we get pulled the stronger our bond to our race becomes. Don't look at us like we are lost, even the teenage generations speak well Armenian, knows our culture and our struggles very well.

Do not underestimate Armenian Diaspora, we are a strong external force working towards a better Armenian Nation and we are the biggest pain in the Turkish Butt. They can't mess with us and we are dragging there dirt all over the world.

Yes Virgil, you are right.
                Last edited by Eddo211; 02-24-2009, 10:32 AM.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Which is important is to be Armenian by the heart, by the feelings. Armenians of other origins have a role of bridges between Armenian Culture and History with the other Cultures and Environments.

We have the chance of having an important diaspora History [ http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en ] :

and you can share this valuable heritage with your other origin. You have an important role to help Armenia : http://forum.hyeclub.com/showthread.php?t=14875

Even there are also Armenians who have a father or a mother who is African American, for example as Allen and Albert Hughes who are directors of films : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hughes_brothers

They must also have an important role :

20 years ago I met a Black Armenian, her mother was from Ethiopia : http://www.globalarmenianheritage-ad...s/ethiopie.htm - http://www.globalarmenianheritage-ad...historique.htm

Armenia truly need all his sons and daughters alround the world.

Best regards from Paris. Nil.

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by melikianAvak
                    "...A women who marries and Armenian male and has children with that man is an Armenian. She can have 0% Armenian blood; she is an Armenian and not an odar.

This is what the older Armenians of my day who were the survivors of the Genocide of the Armenians would say. I remember it like it was yesterday..."

I have to disagree with you, all my cousins who are male married non-armenians, they all raised their kids as their wives relegion- xxxish or catholic and basically kept putting down armenian/ armenian culture, etc.. Making fun of the church, food, culture, everything. I haven't spoken to them in years btw.

As for Glendale, i may not like the people there/want to be around them but at least their proud of who they are.
                    Last edited by NightOwl; 09-23-2009, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Too bad about your cousins. This is why i keep saying it is more important to build a Armenia that armenians will want to live in, otherwise we will go the way of the dodo bird without a homeland populated by our people.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X