Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Why Turkey doesn't recognize.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cosmos
    I mention about Ottoman slaughter of Turks that began mostly in the time of Yavuz Sultan Selim in 16th century. A few pure Turk States such as Karamanogullari, Whiteships, Blackships were collapsed by Ottomans and many Turks were slaughtered and many survivors were deported. This is the similar case that Armenians experienced in 1915.
    Oh wow!!!!
    You'll never get it... so I won't bother explaining.

Comment

What is the problem with looking for the similarities between events that happened in history? Although they are not about denial, why do you oppose this?

Comment

Civilized Barbarians

Has there been any nation on the World realy barbaric? Or which nation didnt be barbaric? Which nation didnt fight and kill. Did the Turks kill more than the others? Think of the history.
        Show me ONE nation in this day and age that destroys the cultural heritage, thousand year old monuments of another nation, to erase any trace of the indigenous people of the land they are occupying.
        The churches and khachkars your barbaric governments are bombing and bulldozing are human heritage...
        No barbarian does such things except the Turks and "Azeris".
        Four things denialist Turks do when they are confronted with facts:

I. They change the subject [SIZE="1"](e.g. they copy/paste tons of garbage to divert attention).[/SIZE]
        II. They project [SIZE="1"](e.g. they replace "Turk" with "Armenian" and vice versa and they regurgitate Armenian history).[/SIZE]
        III. They offend [SIZE="1"](e.g. they cuss, threaten and/or mock).[/SIZE]
        IV. They shut up and say nothing.

[URL="http://b.imagehost.org/download/0689/azerbaijan-real-fake-absurd.pdf"][COLOR="Red"]A country named Azerbaijan north of the Arax River [B]NEVER[/B] existed before 1918[/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Ignorance and Arrogance Over and Over

...many Turks were slaughtered and many survivors were deported. This is the similar case that Armenians experienced in 1915. Armenian case also is less severe, because it was planned to deport them only, not killing. Their deaths were provided by bad conditions with their fate. Some of them were killed by Ottoman soldiers (mostly by Kurds).
          Your government brainwashes you to a degree that the damage becomes irreparable.
          The Armenian Genocide is an irrefutable FACT.
          Your government doesn't allow you to read the countless books and documents that prove this beyond any reasonable or unreasonable doubt.
          You HAVE TO read exactly those books that the revisionists tell you not to. You have to read Johannes Lepsius and the new book by Wolfgang Gust. You have to read Morgenthau, Toynbee & Brice, Gerard Chaliand, Yves Ternon, Richard Hovannisian, Vahakn Dadrian, Peter Balakian, Yair Auron, etc. before uttering such rubbish like "Armenian case also is less severe, because it was planned to deport them only, not killing" this is offensive whichever way you take it.

But just as you think the ignorant fellow is also a dum-dum, he/she/it confesses and confirms the diabolical Pan-Turkist plan:
          They are Armenian or whoever, it is not important, in order to homoginize the State, they had to be deported only.

I. They change the subject [SIZE="1"](e.g. they copy/paste tons of garbage to divert attention).[/SIZE]
          II. They project [SIZE="1"](e.g. they replace "Turk" with "Armenian" and vice versa and they regurgitate Armenian history).[/SIZE]

[URL="http://b.imagehost.org/download/0689/azerbaijan-real-fake-absurd.pdf"][COLOR="Red"]A country named Azerbaijan north of the Arax River [B]NEVER[/B] existed before 1918[/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Ignorance and Arrogance Over and Over

...many Turks were slaughtered and many survivors were deported. This is the similar case that Armenians experienced in 1915. Armenian case also is less severe, because it was planned to deport them only, not killing. Their deaths were provided by bad conditions with their fate. Some of them were killed by Ottoman soldiers (mostly by Kurds).
            Your government brainwashes you to a degree that the damage becomes irreparable.
            The Armenian Genocide is an irrefutable FACT.
            Your government doesn't allow you to read the countless books and documents that prove this beyond any reasonable or unreasonable doubt.
            You HAVE TO read exactly those books that the revisionists tell you not to. You have to read Johannes Lepsius and the new book by Wolfgang Gust. You have to read Morgenthau, Toynbee & Brice, Gerard Chaliand, Yves Ternon, Richard Hovannisian, Vahakn Dadrian, Peter Balakian, Yair Auron, etc. before uttering rubbish like "Armenian case also is less severe, because it was planned to deport them only, not killing" this is offensive whichever way you take it.

But just as you think the ignorant fellow is also a dum-dum, he/she/it confesses and confirms the diabolical Pan-Turkist plan:
            They are Armenian or whoever, it is not important, in order to homoginize the State, they had to be deported only.

Comment

Your hatreds and prejudices against Turks must be very big so even a Turk supports you, you are ready to damn him. If I had mentioned about Ottoman’s slaughter of Turks to my teachers they would have opposed to me. And I know most Turks won’t believe me as you.

Ottoman’s slaughter of Turks may be a confirming thing of Armenian genocide. It is an example for Ottoman’s barbarity. You can never get a such informations from Turkish school books.

Also saying that ‘in order to homojenize the state, the deportation of Armenians was planned’ is to support the Armenian genocide claims but not against it.

So what are you trying to do? (But I don’t need your answers and your damning words).

Comment

Don't be offended!

Your hatreds and prejudices against Turks must be very big so even a Turk supports you, you are ready to damn him. If I had mentioned about Ottoman’s slaughter of Turks to my teachers they would have opposed to me. And I know most Turks won’t believe me as you.

Ottoman’s slaughter of Turks may be a confirming thing of Armenian genocide. It is an example for Ottoman’s barbarity. You can never get a such informations from Turkish school books.

Also saying that ‘in order to homojenize the state, the deportation of Armenians was planned’ is to support the Armenian genocide claims but not against it.

So what are you trying to do? (But I don’t need your answers and your damning words).
                I answered your questions and comments that I put in quote boxes and I did browse the thread before writing. Besides, you say "Armenian case also is less severe, because it was planned to deport them only, not killing. Their deaths were provided by bad conditions with their fate" and this is very bad. So, unless you can explain this and show me that I'm wrong, I'll have to tell you not to put on the you-offend-one-Turk-who's-on-your-side mask and present me as a hater of humanity. But hey, it's easier for you to judge, condemn and execute me than face your own history.
                I didn't know the specific genocidal act you mentioned, but I do know that for example, the Ottomans treated the Seljuks (Oghuz) condescendingly.
                There have been countless massacres and deportations of Christians, particularly Armenians throughout Ottoman history.
                One such incident was the deportation of Armenians of Caesarea to Cyprus in the days of Sinan (16th century). He intervened on behalf of his kin and the Sultan refrained from the deportation of Sinan’s family...

Comment

[QUOTE=Hellektor] the Ottomans treated the Seljuks (Oghuz) condescendingly.

That's what I'm talking about. It is the same as the other Turk tribes.

Comment

Hellektor had written 'a country Azerbaijan...never existed before 1918'. So what does it mean? Is that denial of Azerbaijcan? I don't know. But it is not good for one who ciritisizes Turkey for denial of Armenian genocide.

Iraq, Syria, Algeria, Jordan...etc. are never existed before WWI too. They are third World countries like Turkey. Musn't they be? We know there is the first time for everything to be existed on the World. Musn't we let the new thing be existed? This is strange. Maybe he is thinking Azerbiajan have occupied some part of Armenia.

Armenians established a few states in history that were for short time. They generally lived under the other nations control before Ottoman Empire existed. Lastly they tried to establish a country including East Anatolia but they failed. I don't condemn them for this. Every nation can do such a thing. When they success what a happy thing for them. Morever I don't approve that its response is genocide.

As for brainwashing, we can always accept the other side is brainwashed. We believe that our opinions are true. But other side is the other side. Why he/she is other side is because of thinking in different way. For me, a religion believer lives with nothingness. Is he/she brainwashed for me? I can't say a certain thing. For some, yes. But for the other ones it may be no. To decide about this is very hard. By philosophical ways, one can reach the God existence. What a praiseable action. And one can believe the God for it is just said so. Here it is! A brainwashed one for me. He or she is not questioning anything, just accept it. Friedrich Nietzsche's super-person tries to question everything. Why must we accept some thing as it is?

Comment

Hellektor had written 'a country Azerbaijan...never existed before 1918'. So what does it mean? Is that denial of Azerbaijcan? I don't know. But it is not good for a one who ciritisizes Turkey for denial of Armenian genocide.
                      It means if you look at Azerbaijan's current location on any map made before 1918, you will not find the word Azerbaijan in it. It's not denial, it's a fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X