Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

About Turkey And Ottoman Empire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pirate
    But can you show me really serious historical and official documents?I am really curious about it.I am not talking about Morthenghau's letters or that kind of things.If you have this kind of serious and valuable documents and evidences,let me to see them.
    pirate, why don't you come to US and visit Library of Congress and National Archives. A good friend of mine Levon Avdoyan, is in charge of this branch of Library of Congress. He will be happy to direct you to the more than 4000 official US documents related to the Genocide... it's all waiting for you...

Comment

Hey gavur;
      I recommend you to research truths.Yes every Armenian family lost their a couple members.Do you know how they died? They died cause of epidemic disease.They died cause of Russian army's gun shots. And Armenian gangs attacked on their own people while this emigration.
      Really? Sure about that?
      Your statement proves that you have ignored the thousands of eyewitness and survivor accounts. But they are just all liars anyway right? Well, how about my grandma’s brother Garabed, he had to hide when the killing squads came to Zara, Sepastia in the chimney of a friendly Turkish home. When caught his hands were chopped off by the Turkish Gandarmes. He was a 7 year old child, an angel, but that couldn’t save him from bleeding to death.
      And his father Oskahan couldn’t be saved from the bullet between the eyes he received for not telling where his son was hiding.
      What about my Grandpa’s sister Elizabeth and her husband who were butchered in their sleep by Turks? Or their 20-something son who had just begun a career as a college teacher in Kharbert (Elizag). He was considered an intellectual – and as most of us know the fate of intellectuals was a miserable one – his head was chopped off by Turks who came into his classroom mid-lesson and murdered him.
      So, what do you have to say for yourself Mr. EPIDEMIC DISEASE?
      {CHOKE}

Comment

Originally posted by patriot2

I want to say that I am really curious about Armenian Goverment's official documents belong to 1900-1920 about this issue.
        There are hundreds of Ottoman documents in the US and British archieves...

Comment

We open archieves and nobody comes to visit. Why not?
          Why not? Take a look

Comment

Originally posted by phantom
            ... I asked you to list the NON-TURKISH articles, books, and Internet websites you have read, and all you listed was an article from Justic McCarthy and a Turkish website. I'm sure you know that Justin McCarthy is literally considered a joke in the academic community, because he does not use the scientific method. He is paid by the Turkish government to publish their conclusions. So he does not start from an objective standpoint and search for a conclusion. He starts from a conclusion and works backwards.

...The scientists have spoken, and they have almost unanimously concluded this was Genocide. So I guess I'm still confused as to why you think you know better than these experts, and why you think we should all believe you and the Turkish government over, for example, the International Assocation of Genocide Scholars. http://www.isg-iags.org/
            Hi Phantom,

Not unanimously accpeted. Have you seen the "THE STANCE TAKEN BY SCHOLARS TO ALLEGATIONS OF GENOCIDE" which is written by "...These are the scientists, who knew that the Ottoman archives were open to the researchers since 1925 and who themselves reached the documents. Therefore, only those who are as knowledgeable on this issue as they can comment on or can object to their views. For this reason, the report submitted by 69 American scientists to the members of the Assembly of Representatives in relation with the issue has great importance...."

and signed by http://www.armeniangenocide.com/foru...&page=32&pp=10 (Check Mustafa Mert's post dated 06-16-2005, 01:57 PM – Mustafa Mert)

Or just a recent paper by Guenter Leey ( http://www.meforum.org/article/748) which questions Dadrian's papers and claims that they are based on indictments but not proofs. ( http://www.armeniangenocide.com/foru...9&page=5&pp=10) - BTW he is not one of the signatories...

These people are not butchers. They are scientists as well. I don't care if they are payyed by TR or not. All I care do they have a valid point? I do agree about the scientific methodology. That is to say coming from a conclusion is not scientific. You can always find something that you can support your claims. However apparently that's what Dadrian is doing in his papers as well. He already has an answer. Now he digs to find supports. If he can't find a proof he creates one. That's what happened with Andonians telegrams as well, right?

There are many things that Turkish people must learn about history. But there are many things that you guys must learn as well. Don't do what you are critisizing. Don't try to find supports for something that you believe. From my brief stay I have seen that it is possible to find a support for any claim if you dig enough. There are points on the ground. Thousands of them. Depending on the hand who uses the pensil to connect those points the picture can be a tree or a penguen.

Good luck.

Comment

Don't let the door hit you where the dog bit you,Hope to see you in Baku!
              "All truth passes through three stages:
              First, it is ridiculed;
              Second, it is violently opposed; and
              Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

I try to show you evidence and you also try to show evidence too.But you showed me evidences which was written by foreign resorces.For example American resorces,French resorces etc.These were all invader countries who was trying to acquire the Ottoman land.Because noone of them was there to observe the events.So they prepared this documents to compress Ottoman.
                When reading this first quote, I couldn't stop laughing for about five minutes. I told my wife, and she couldn't stop laughing for five minutes more.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? Now, since the foriegn eyewitnesses are a threat to your thesis you have decided to try to discredit them by saying every foriegner in the Ottoman Empire at the time of the Armenian Genocide was only there because they and their respective governments were trying to steal Ottoman (or as you call it "TURKISH") land? That is the most absurd thing I have heard yet!

Were Germans (your WW1 allies) trying to steal Ottoman Land?

1. Yes? Then why would they have been your allies? That doesn't make any sense does it...
                2. No? Then perhaps you should consult the life story of Armin Wegner the German Army medic who took pictures that helped prove the horror that was taking place (which by the way MR. EPIDEMIC was brutal disgusting animalistic murder). Armin Wegner testifies that what took place was Genocide.

If your getting fed your drive to try to blame eyewitnesses by your government or two-bit 'so-called' intellects like Justin McCarthy, you better start trying to think independently. And if you are just creating this stuff yourself, uninfluenced by outside sources, you should really consider getting some psychological help.

Before I close, I would like everyone to scroll up a few posts to the last one I made, and notice how I answered Pirates original post that the Armenian deaths at the time of the Genocide were all "Epidemic" related - by showing Pirate my own family story - where instead of epidemic, chopping of limbs of young children and cutting the heads of college professors is what claimed our lives. Please, just take note that Pirate chose to not address that point at all. Was it fear of the truth? perhaps... I guess we'll never know. Why? Because like what frequently happens, when real evidence is presented, the denialist coincidentally decides to permanently leave the forum right around then... funny how that happens. Get used to it, it happens frequently around here - just realize that it is usually an indication that you were correct and your opponent realised how incorrect they were, but were to cowardly to address it.

Hovik

Comment

Lmao
                  First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

By the way,i think he was an Azeri .I could tell from their accent,lol
                    First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

That is really strange that you can say Armenian Community was against that event! I guess you were still young on those years,or maybe not exist. I saw a proaud on Armenian Community on those years. Actually, Eurupe was also so silent against those events. Like a silent confirmation. I am sorry but, I cant agree Armenian people didnt support ASALA, just didnt want to show support so obviously. Because ASALA was finally was full of murderers.

Today our grandfathers are being accused by killing million of Armenian. In our history, we dont have any event like that. Also we have many official proffs,that shows Ottoman Empire didnt have any intension to do a planed genocide. We had laws about it, to keep Armenians right,comfort. And one more thing to say!

In 1918 we lost the war, we were under control of English-French-Italian Armies. Like in the situation of Germany at the end of WW2. All the dirty things Germany did was being open at the end of war. And just since 1914 some English and French politians already started to speak louder about Genocide. And politics also wanted to start a court on that issue against Turkey, but they couldnt, because all people in the Law, they told that there isnt any clear froof to accuse Ottoman Empire about that subject. So they couldnt start the court,against poor,beaten Ottoman at the end of 1918.

I want to say that I am really curious about Armenian Goverment's official documents belong to 1900-1920 about this issue. Because we cant see any of them. We open archieves and nobody comes to visit. Why not? If you will say those are Turkish documents yes, of course Turkish documents are also one of the Basic documents we look on, and also we need Armenian Documents. They are also so vital to make things clear. But not the books that people wrote with political expectations. Real first hand documents. No court happened in 1918, now after many years, Armenians want us to accept that we are responsible of Armenian Genocide. And without discussing. Like creating an atmosphere that Armenians doesnt need to proff it, and we have to accept. That is not possible I am sorry.
                      Patriot, thank you for your reply.

First, you mentioned that ASALA had lots of support. If that's the case, then why did they stop their activities so abruptly in the early 80s when they were so successful in their methods? Maybe there was a backlash in the Armenian community that you don't know about, because you're not a member of this community.

You mentioned that there was no proof to accuse the "Ottoman Empire" and so there were no trials. What about the 1919 Military Tribunals in which many of the top CUP officials and military leaders were tried and found guilty? These were trials that occured in Turkey by Turkish courts and judges. Even Talaat, Enver and Djemal were found guilty. Of course, they had escaped Turkey by then, because they knew what they were guilty of.

Comment

Working...
                      X