Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

About Turkey And Ottoman Empire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Turkey And Ottoman Empire

I see that you guess Turkey can not survive without EU.But all of you are wrong.Turkey is the most powerfull country on that region.And you begin to hope with EU parliament decision.Turkey never did that genocide.There is only an emigration cause of betrayal.Armenians betrayalled to Ottoman empire by being with Russia.On December 1914,Armenians were first troops of Russian army.They attacked on Ottoman empire and they did the real genocide to Muslim Turkish people.After all Ottoman empire decided to emigrated Armenians.Ottoman empire was rightfull by doing that.
    Now we are silent in view of this situation.But this mean is not we will keep silence.

You will ban me after this message I know that.But if you discuss me,don't ban me from this forum.We will see that who is right,who is wrong?

You people have never been silent, you've posted your crap on every Armenian or non-Armenian forum I've ever visited.

As for the economy, I've got a great solution. Your Turkish "history" textbooks would make great toilet paper as an export. You might want to run that by somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantalaimon
      You people have never been silent, you've posted your crap on every Armenian or non-Armenian forum I've ever visited.

As for the economy, I've got a great solution. Your Turkish "history" textbooks would make great toilet paper as an export. You might want to run that by somebody.

You are posting your crap as well!

Just share your thoughts if you have any. Don't start insulting which is a disgusting way of sharing thoughts in forums.

Do you think your insults benefit anything in this world?

!!!

Comment

Where's survivors emmigration papers?

[QUOTE=pirate]Turkey never did that genocide.There is only an emigration cause of betrayal.Armenians betrayalled to Ottoman empire by being with Russia.On December 1914,Armenians were first troops of Russian army.They attacked on Ottoman empire and they did the real genocide to Muslim Turkish people.After all Ottoman empire decided to emigrated Armenians.Ottoman empire was rightfull by doing that.

Whatcha talkin 'bout Willis

This is CRAP first class .
        When one's own goverment starts massacring, the peoples have the right to defend themselves.Hand full of tashnaks and a platoon of foreign patriots attacking an unjust goverment doesnt justify elimination of 1.5 million.
        "All truth passes through three stages:
        First, it is ridiculed;
        Second, it is violently opposed; and
        Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

The Ottoman numbers are very questionable it is known fact that non-muslims were under-counted in general Ottoman censes not reliable at all .How do i get my numbers you rightly ask,Well its very simple you say 500 thousand "Emiggrated" {xxxxhead) now I know for of fact that every survivor lost at least a few family members just do the math!Of course if your related to those butchers whether by blood or spirit (Ishine gelmez kopegoglukopek) The math wont add up for you sonof adogg,
          First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Sory Kemal but where do you find these people?

They come in here without reading a single thing and they start with the denial.
            My insult is to this not to the Turkish race in general.
            First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur
              Sory Kemal but where do you find these people?

They come in here without reading a single thing and they start with the denial.
              My insult is to this not to the Turkish race in general.

Hi Gavur,

You need common grounds to start a discussion. If you perceive any counter argument as an insult and start insulting as a reply, this means that you will never have a common ground with those who have counter arguments. Modus ponens, pure logic. Isn't it? (from another post)

Say you will never perceive what I am trying to explain and acknoledge my logical reasoning. Still this doen't give you the right to insult someone or some thought. If you don't get used to it, you will, at the best, have 5 billion people not giving damn to the events in Ottoman history but having parliaments that acknoledges your claims, but Turks not even bothering to share ideas with you. If this is what you want go on.

By teh way you must know where we find all these people. You lived here pretty much, right? (if I am not mistaken). Actually we are the best and most reasonable among the rest of us. I wonder what you would do if an ultranationalist comes to share their ideas about Armenians.

Take care.

Comment

Dear pirate,

First of all welcome to the forum. Do you really have to insult people personally in order to share your thoughts?

Not really.

Secondly, I guess you will trust out foreign ministries web site. Read the following passage from Mumtaz Soysals defence after the Orly bombings.

[Other than the reasons you have stated some government officials and the soldiers responsible to guard the Armenians actually killed those people. And they were not incidental.

Furthermore, do you really find it fair to move innocent people, elderlies, children, women out of their homes say from Kayseri (over 40,000 according to our state archives) or İzmit, or Afyon...

I don't. Those people were just villagers. Looked like the Turkish villagers and lived like them and ate like them... I sincerely find this unfair. The government of that time or anytime should have distinguished the guilty from innocent and they failled to do so. Would you accept the same solution for the Kurdish people? Because of PKK should we also relocate the Kurdish living in south eastern anatolia? Or force them out of Turkey? This is what the Ottoman Government did back then.

Take care.

Comment

Are numbers important?

Pirate

I understand you very well. You think that such a crime can’t be committed. We clearly know that there may be no more hospitable nation to the others than Turks. So you ask yourself how did Turks do such crimes? It is impossible! In fact, I am sure that Turks didn’t see the Amenians different from each other. So why it happened?

But political systems, politicians etc. can cause such things. We must add the circumstances of 1915 and WW-I in Ottoman Emp. During the collapse, administrators probably didn’t know what to do with fear. Many innocent Armenias were exiled without a logical reason. Actually, this must be invastigated carefully. From now on, we can not discuss how many Amenians were killed or deported. 1.5 million or 500 thousand, what will change? Even one person must be important and it must be discussed that what / which reason or reasons brought about such a disaster. I really wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by pirate
                    But you are attacking to Turkey without mercy.But i think we are guilty because we should also have genocide file on European Courts which genocide realized by Armenians to Turkish people.

And you expect us to take you seriously and reply to your posts? lol

Comment

Working...
                    X