Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Can Turkey Learn Tolerance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there actually a sports section in this forum?

Comment

Yeah it sounds like revving up the crowd by the Turkish coach before the game backfired BIGTIME!

The swiss took the crowd out of the game after first 20 seconds now they got to win by 3 goals and instead of Swiss feeling the pressure of the crowd it was the Turks
      so they had to open the game up .So instead of beating them on the field they beat them in the tunnel Nice!
      "All truth passes through three stages:
      First, it is ridiculed;
      Second, it is violently opposed; and
      Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Thats sports, the swiss acted like that in the first game, the fans attacked Turkish players. So swiss saw rain and harvested storm. Yagmur ektiler firtina bictiler.

Originally posted by Gavur
        Yeah it sounds like revving up the crowd by the Turkish coach before the game backfired BIGTIME!

The swiss took the crowd out of the game after first 20 seconds now they got to win by 3 goals and instead of Swiss feeling the pressure of the crowd it was the Turks
        so they had to open the game up .So instead of beating them on the field they beat them in the tunnel Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by TurQ
          Gavur has smiliar meaning to Kafir, but the way it used differed from Kafir. It was used to describe Christian nations in Europe and Russia. The usage of Gavur was prohibited by Law to the Christians living inside Ottoman rule. By the end of 19th century because of the outside intervention the word was being used to Christians living in Ottoman lands(Like Greeks and Armenians) which shows people were percieving those Christian elements as collaborators with the Gavur forces(like Moskof Gavur, Russia, Freng gavur, Europeans etc).

Meral I have read some of the stories of 1915 (in Turkish)in the link that you have given. In one of them a Turkish family who helped that particular Armenian lady and her children said to them "Gavur is coming we need to escape", refering to Russian Army is approching they need to escape.

Yes it was used as a brand by late 19th century. There was also a law in those years enforcing minroities to wear certain dress, so they could be noticed easily. There were such discrimination, unfortunetly Ottomans founding values were eroding.
          But you still haven't answer my question ....

In your personal opinion .... Was it a Genocide or not ?!

Comment

Originally posted by maral_m79
            But you still haven't answer my question ....

In your personal opinion .... Was it a Genocide or not ?!
            Maral are you going to ask every Turk that question.
            [left][b]“The creation of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic in the Northern Azerbaijan on some of Azerbaijani lands in 1918-1921, and its restoration…in 1991,[/b] [color=red][b]does not mean that the Azerbaijan national liberation movement is over[/b]…[/color] [b]The new stage will end with the creation and or restoration of a [color=red]united Azerbaijani statehood[/color]. … Already [in Iran] there are active organizations, whose sole purpose is the state independence of the Azeri Turks.”[/b][/left]

[left][b][size=1][font=Tahoma]Abulfazl Elchibey(Ex-President of Azerbaijan)[/font][/b][/size][/left]

Comment

I believe that's the point, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by UKTurk
                Maral are you going to ask every Turk that question.

Of course not.

And by the way TurQ and anyone else have every right to say that he think that it wasn't a Genocide if that what he/she honestly think , no one got banned or hated for "denying" the Armenian Genocide, you can see that I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur
                  “Why not? For me, there is no difference between Armenia and Turkey,” he said. “They are both my country—I love the people. I love the country.”

I guess Armenians didn't treat him too bad.
                  They did treat him too bad! They treated him like shi.t! This is a man who is a better Armenian than almost any Armenian I personally know, and he was put in an Armenian jail for how many months! To me it shows what an immature, ignorant, and paranoid group it is that is running Armenia. Whenever we think about shooting our mouths off about Orhan Pamuk and Hrant Dink, we should also think about Yektan Turkyilmaz. And after all that he went through, he is still saying that he will return to Armenia to continue his research. We should give this man the Komitas Medal or something big like that for his bravery and his devotion to the Armenian people.

Comment

Originally posted by kemal1915
                    then again i want to ask for u to cancel the ban for crazyt??
                    First - I'm not a moderator.

Second- Crazy T wasn't banned because od denying The Armenian Genocide, because if that's the reason, I don't think that you, or Tevfik F would be still around... we all read how many times you declared "No Genocide", right ?

Comment

Originally posted by phantom
                      They did treat him too bad! They treated him like shi.t! This is a man who is a better Armenian than almost any Armenian I personally know, and he was put in an Armenian jail for how many months! To me it shows what an immature, ignorant, and paranoid group it is that is running Armenia. Whenever we think about shooting our mouths off about Orhan Pamuk and Hrant Dink, we should also think about Yektan Turkyilmaz. And after all that he went through, he is still saying that he will return to Armenia to continue his research. We should give this man the Komitas Medal or something big like that for his bravery and his devotion to the Armenian people.
                      agree - the whole episode was quite shameful to Armenians....yeah lots of issues with Armenia and the remaining Soviet/post-Soviet legacy...(but at least its not Azerbaijan eh? - )

Comment

Working...
                      X