Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Dashnaks Insist On Territorial Claims To Turkey

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I agree the Bosnian genocide is a lie maybe the Holocaust is a lie. No now that I think about it the Armenian genocide is a lie we've all been lied to!

Check it out this website which is called united human rights council has the Bosnian genocide (as it has our genocide) maybe this website is a lie?

I say Circassia as in the Circassian Genocide it is a forgotten genocide by almost everyone it is the prime example. Hardly anyones heard of the Armenian genocide but far fewer people have heard of the Circassian genocide. I could have mentioned many more genocides but I didn't see a need to write a long list.

This website is about the Armenian genocide we are talking about the Bosnian genocide and you are denying it. Is it just me or should any type of genocide denial be allowed here?

Comment

• What I find the most disturbing is that Serbs have made so many websites denying the Bosnian genocide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sion
        Yeah I agree the Bosnian genocide is a lie maybe the Holocaust is a lie. No now that I think about it the Armenian genocide is a lie we've all been lied to!

Check it out this website which is called united human rights council has the Bosnian genocide (as it has our genocide) maybe this website is a lie?

I say Circassia as in the Circassian Genocide it is a forgotten genocide by almost everyone it is the prime example. Hardly anyones heard of the Armenian genocide but far fewer people have heard of the Circassian genocide. I could have mentioned many more genocides but I didn't see a need to write a long list.

This website is about the Armenian genocide we are talking about the Bosnian genocide and you are denying it. Is it just me or should any type of genocide denial be allowed here?
        Oh my, I stepped on an ant. Genocide against the ants.

Comment

• I'm not saying that every statistic is true. But I thought the murder of even 10,000 people is considered genocide.

Comment

The only thing that "HAS" to be allowed here IS THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH.

Stop censoring certain topics just becasue you dont like it. Thats not democratic of you bro
            [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][B]The Armenian Genocide is a reality that can not be debated[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

I'm not saying that every statistic is true. But I thought the murder of even 10,000 people is considered genocide.
              The term "genocide" is a very specific LEGAL term, not to be used lightly or thrown around cheaply. It has to meet specific criteria. Look it up and don't be so lazy.

The most signifant requirement is the deliberate attempt to eliminate a specific group in whole or in part.

Comment

• Originally posted by Illuminator
                The term "genocide" is a very specific term, not to be used lightly or thrown around cheaply. It has to meet specific criteria. Look it up and don't be so lazy.

The most signifant requirement is the deliberate attempt to eliminate a specific group in whole or in part.
                Bro, I agree with you, but Sion also has a point. The term "genocide" is indeed have a very specific term. However, the United Nations convention is somewhat vague on their interpretation of it. Yes you are right about the most significant requirement, but the part where it says "in whole or in part" would qualify the 10,000 quite easily since it is "in part" and the reason they put the "in whole or in part" was because if they didn't, then a whole group would have to be totally erradicated in order to call it a genocide. Consequently any number would constitute a "part" and I remember a moslem man on a TV program (where the audience was allowed to ask questions or make statements) made the claim that the killing of 2,000 Albanians by the Serbs was a genocide according to the UN convention by stating the exact same thing you wrote above. The most difficult thing to prove is the intent as being "deliberate" although the action of killing off a large number of people from a specific group is self evident, it seems that either written orders have to exist or a confession in order to prosecute.

Comment

I'm not saying that every statistic is true. But I thought the murder of even 10,000 people is considered genocide.
                  That's true, and the Srebrenica Genocide (Bosnian Genocide) is an Internationally recognized Genocide...

Comment

• Originally posted by maral_m79
                    That's true, and the Srebrenica Genocide (Bosnian Genocide) is an Internationally recognized Genocide...
                    Melson makes a good distinction between "Total" genocide and other "genocides" the latter of which meet the UN accepted criteria but fall somewhat short of an attempt to totally annihilate a given people from where they live and to utterly destroy their culture and presence there. Of the former (total) Genocide - Melson argues there have only ever been two modern cases - that of the Holocaust of the Jews and the Armenian Genocide. (Melson is a Jewsih Holocaust survivor BTW...I felt aI needed to mention that as the new mode in the forum seems to be that one must mention "the Jews" in every post)....

Comment

• This thread has nothing to do with genocides of other people. Stop this obssesion with genocide and stay on topic. Non-Armenians here should refrain from attacking Armenians and they should stop bringing their friends to do so also.
                      [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][B]The Armenian Genocide is a reality that can not be debated[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                      X