Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Dashnaks Insist On Territorial Claims To Turkey

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kharpert
    Mmm...you're getting ahead of yourself.
    Mmm... you simply are not getting it. I suggest you re-read my comments. You sound like a typical Turk propagandist - you armos cant even keep you tiny land now what do you want with ours??? Yeah, OK. End of discussion with you!!! I just checked out your age, I aint discussing anything with you. Bye-bye. And God forbid if children like you are our future.
    [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][B]The Armenian Genocide is a reality that can not be debated[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Adolf Armenoid was it? ...or just clueless and stupid?

Comment

Imagine if the Armenian borders extend to Turkey. How would we deal with the Kurdish population and Turkish population that are firmly settled upon the land? Would you deport them? Maybe conduct a few pograms?

Now, explain to me how many Armenians would voluntarily choose to uproot themselves from where they are living (whether Armenia or Diaspora) to plant themselves in historical Armenia. I think that the land where I came from (the town of Perri in Kharpert) is 100% rural Kurdish and probably doesn't even have electricity yet. I have the deeds and documents to the land, but I've no desire to become a tobacco farmer in historical Armenia among hundreds of Kurds. I doubt that any of us here would voluntarily choose to move to historical Armenia if it meant living in poverty among firmly planted foreigners for generations to come.

Now, explain to me how Armenia would develop these lands? It already has such trouble developing its own little country; how would you expect it to develop such a huge land mass? How would it defend those borders with such a meager army? Or with such a corrupt government?

We should keep our historical lands in mind, but it shouldn't be a priority. We should focus on making our smaller nation stronger and cleaner before we try to take back anything we lost. Overextending ourselves in these hard-pressed times for Armenia is a recipe for disaster.
        Settling the Kurds somewhere else is Turkey’s job, they brought them there, they can compensate them and settle them somewhere else, that is not for us to worry about. I will gladly take your deeds from you if you’re willing to offer and settle on our sacred lands

Comment

Originally posted by 1.5 million
          Adolf Armenoid was it? ...or just clueless and stupid?
          Why are you insulting me in this manner? Instead of discussing a topic you are being very rude!

I still suggest you change your name to six million
          [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][B]The Armenian Genocide is a reality that can not be debated[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Armenoid
            I just checked out your age
            Did you just admit you got your ass handed to you by a child? Read my location.

Now, seriously, I'd like to ask: would you return to your historical land? If it meant you'll have to leave your computer behind and become a farmer for the rest of your life?

Reincarnated Am, it doesn't matter "who's responsibility" the Kurds are. They are there, and it's not as if the Turks can carry them like property out of the land; they are intent on staying and living there like they have for 80 years. If Armenia gets its land back, then the Kurds are our problem whether we like it or not. Now, do you have a suggestion as to how we should handle them? I will keep my deed, thanks, but I will be passing down those deeds for a long, long while until there is a valid reason to return.

Comment

Mmm...it seems to me that it is you who is getting ahead of yourself. No one is talking of attacking, invading, or doing anything right this minute. It all has to start with the Republic of Armenia and Artsakh, first thing first. Armenoid clearly wrote what he dreamed of. The issues should be analyzed when they come up. It is of no use at all right now to talk about the kurdish population -- there are mostly likely tons of solutions mutually acceptable to Kurds and Armenians. But for right now, first thing first -- and that is securing and solidifying the position of Artsakh. But in the meantime, Armenian generations will continue to teach thier children what is theirs -- and it will remain in the collective national psyche until Armenian property returns to their rightful owners.
              [url]http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html[/url]

[I]Anyone can become angry--that is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose, and in the right way; this is not easy.
              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.[/I] -- Aristotle

Comment

Now, seriously, I'd like to ask: would you return to your historical land? If it meant you'll have to leave your computer behind and become a farmer for the rest of your life?
                Yes I will go there and become a farmer but why can't I bring my computer with me? are you willing to give me your deeds?

Comment

skhara, I very much agree with you.

Artsakh is a territorial claim against Azerbaijan, not Turkey. I fully support the Armenian presence and government in Artsakh, and I have taken pride in participating in the funding of the development of its Armenian communities. Our territorial claims against Turkey are an entirely different matter, and like you said yourself our priorities should be in Artsakh, not in Turkey. If we want to focus our developments and create a healthier Armenia, we first have to focus on what we have right now, which is Artsakh and Armenia, rather than go seek out other lands in the hands of other nations. Perhaps when both the Republic of Armenia and Artsakh have become stable and more powerful, then we can consider historical Armenia.

I said in a previous post:
                  We should keep our historical lands in mind, but it shouldn't be a priority. We should focus on making our smaller nation stronger and cleaner before we try to take back anything we lost. Overextending ourselves in these hard-pressed times for Armenia is a recipe for disaster.
                  Reincarnated, you can take your computer, but I highly doubt you'll find even electricity, let alone internet access. You can have my deeds, but you'll have to fight the Kurdish family that's probably living in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by skhara
                    Mmm...it seems to me that it is you who is getting ahead of yourself. No one is talking of attacking, invading, or doing anything right this minute. It all has to start with the Republic of Armenia and Artsakh, first thing first. Armenoid clearly wrote what he dreamed of. The issues should be analyzed when they come up. It is of no use at all right now to talk about the kurdish population -- there are mostly likely tons of solutions mutually acceptable to Kurds and Armenians. But for right now, first thing first -- and that is securing and solidifying the position of Artsakh. But in the meantime, Armenian generations will continue to teach thier children what is theirs -- and it will remain in the collective national psyche until Armenian property returns to their rightful owners.
                    Wow, someone agrees with me. Thanks dude Skhara. There is hope.

I'm talking long term dude long term. Of course we have to concentrate on Armenia and Artsakh now. So that when we are well-off in the future we can re-take our living space. I dont know when it wil be though, but I hope I get to see it. You see bro, children have very short attention spans and its funny that this particular one like to discuss politics. Like I said, God forbid if "chidrens" like him are our future.

Comment

Well, I'm glad we are agreeing on something; first we should concentrate on Artsakh and Armenia. But it still doesn't answer the question: how would we make Historical Armenia work for the Republic of Armenia? No one has addressed the Kurdish problem, the popluation problem, or the development problem. In fact, no one has addressed how we are going to get historical Armenia back in the first place. I'd love to have historical Armenia back, but what would it be worth if these problems cannot be considered?

I may be younger than you, Armenoid, but at least I don't have to say "dude" or "bro" in every sentence. Perhaps you could take a lesson from children?

Comment

Working...
                      X