Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Question to people of Turkish decent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My history is not shameful for me
    Unfortunately it is Elendil especially this century.

Comment

Unfortunately it is Elendil especially this century.
      Your view belongs to you, I respect that. But I said

My history is not shameful for me

Comment

Originally posted by elendil
        Yes I agree with you, my view is mine.But unfortunately there are so many people thinking like me.Don't think that I am happy because of Turkey's bad situation.However I am very sad about it because I am also a citizen of Turkey and I wish a good future for Turkey!!!

Comment

Well, some people have no shame, and you call them edepsiz kopek, right! People who don't have the capacity to feel shame are lucky, but most people do have the capacity for shame. If you don't, that means you must be crazy or drunk. If you're neither, then you probably have the capacity for shame, but you are hiding it, which is an indication that you are feeling extreme shame. For a Turk to say that he or she feels no shame over this aspect of Turkish history means that the Turk in question is either crazy, drunk, or feeling extreme shame and hiding behind an ignorant face.

Comment

Originally posted by RUDO
            Yes I agree with you, my view is mine.But unfortunately there are so many people thinking like me.Don't think that I am happy because of Turkey's bad situation.However I am very sad about it because I am also a citizen of Turkey and I wish a good future for Turkey!!!
            I have repeated this sentiment that you have many times. I feel the same as you. But most Turks I've encountered on the Internet don't believe me, because I am Armenian. I suspect they won't believe you either, because you are Kurdish. On the one hand they say that we are their brothers and are equal in every way to them, and on the other hand, the second we disagree with them, they point fingers at us for being different ethnically.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom
              I have repeated this sentiment that you have many times. I feel the same as you. But most Turks I've encountered on the Internet don't believe me, because I am Armenian. I suspect they won't believe you either, because you are Kurdish. On the one hand they say that we are their brothers and are equal in every way to them, and on the other hand, the second we disagree with them, they point fingers at us for being different ethnically.
              Yes I agree with you totally.They don't believe me like you say.Because most of them think that I am a separist or terrosist or just a threat for Turkey.Right?Do you encounter the same difficulties?

Comment

Well, some people have no shame, and you call them edepsiz kopek, right! People who don't have the capacity to feel shame are lucky, but most people do have the capacity for shame. If you don't, that means you must be crazy or drunk. If you're neither, then you probably have the capacity for shame, but you are hiding it, which is an indication that you are feeling extreme shame. For a Turk to say that he or she feels no shame over this aspect of Turkish history means that the Turk in question is either crazy, drunk, or feeling extreme shame and hiding behind an ignorant face.
                A great piece of analysis based on (0,1,2). Besides what a mean thing to say, "edepsiz köpek". Tsk, tsk. But then again, it was not directed to me now was it? I could inform you futher in terms of insults that are common to Turkish if that is what really interests you.

Comment

A great piece of analysis based on (0,1,2). Besides what a mean thing to say, "edepsiz köpek". Tsk, tsk. But then again, it was not directed to me now was it? I could inform you futher in terms of insults that are common to Turkish if that is what really interests you.
                  Who wrote it Elendil?(I wonder)

Comment

Alparslan Turkes legendary leader(basbug) of grey wolf movement, openly acknowledges that Armenians were wronged by Ittihadists.

We differ on how and why these things happened, also we do not agree on the scale of these events.

As Elendil says very well people of the region(remember Turkish republic almost neutral on this issue unttil 70s,
                    and saying Turkish republic can not comment about events becuse it happened before 1923) tells their stories
                    from their own family histories. I am one of them and I know lots of stroies from my friends.
                    I know lots of others who suffered in the hands of Armenians or Russians.
                    Somehow Armenians think that what we know is actually taught by the state education system.
                    AS I said several times before, claiming that an avarage Turk can not know anything other than what they were taught
                    in schools is equivalent of saying, Armenians had not experienced anything in 1915.

Most Turks or Kurds who live in East or South east have a clear understanding of these events from their own families
                    including the sufferings of Armenians. The thing is most Armenians do not know anything about how Turks and Kurds
                    suffered during WW-I in eastern Anatolia. They simply think that Turks were OK, they stole the wealth of Armenians
                    and got rich and happily lived, and experienced nothing in WW-I.
                    I wish things were a lot different, and these had never ever happened between you and us. But blaming everything done by Ittihadists upon
                    every Turkish citizen and blaming everything done by Tashnak and Hinchak upon average Armenian will not solve
                    anything, thats what I know thats what I say.

Okay I will be the first it seems..

First of all no Turk in Turkey (expect ultra-nationalists) will claim that Aremenians were not taken out, exiled or massacred. By all means, I have always said and people I know say that we have done these events. Now the main point is, Turkish side tells a different story. No, not the goverment. The people who live there. If you go to Van, Erzurum or a city in north-east, eastern Turkey ask people about these events that happened at 1915. Every person I spoke to, has a memory of his relative being taken out by Armenian gangs, or an atrocity that has been commited to another person. Thus Due to collapse of Ottoman Empire and hard conditions, we took hard pre-cautions, taking out men of Armenians and exiling the families. Not to mention the alliance between Russia and Armenians in promise of Armenia. I am sure after the retreat of Russia, Turkish army acted with bloodlust to take revenge. Thus the outcome has been a tragedy in my view a genocide in yours. Now, I will not use the term of backstabbing, betrayal since you were a different culture, a different people. But the land you live consisted a part of empire thus Armenian people lived with Turkish and Kurdish people. In interest of safety of our people, we took Armenians out. That is our view generally.

(Please remember you asked my idea before growing angry and begin to insult, curse me or Turkish nation. Also I would be very happy if we dont engage into a arguement with Hellektor.)

With Regards

Comment

I dont claim that Turkey is in the best shape. But we are gaining on slowly. I know that you are a citizen of Turkey, thus naturally the good of Turkey will serve you. Turkey has its mistakes, wrongs but these are expected, we are an old people but this is a young republic we have. In 83 years from nothing to today. We must hand Turkey its right ( Sezar'ın hakkı Sezar'a Rudo, hiçbirşeyi yoktu bu ülkenin ve insanının sende biliyosun)

Comment

Working...
                      X